• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Logical Step for Forza Horizon 6

JLB

Banned
I think that the next logical step of Forza Horizon is to keep improving the same formula, but with better graphics and a new location. Thats it.
What MS/Playground/T10 should really start to consider is to create a third Forza entry. It could be many things:

-A Rally simulator
-A crazy Vigilante 8 like game
-A huge sandbox of user crafted vehicles

or something else

FH6 may be located in Japan. The reason it hasn't already been located there is because Playground is well aware that once they decide to set the game in Japan, that the game has peaked. Likely both in features as well as polish. It would be hard to one up a FH set in Japan.

I enjoy the Forza Horizon games, but I don't believe it's a series that's meant to last forever. They've got just about every kind of automobile covered. Maybe they could implement motorcycles, ATVs, or boats. But they're working off an engine created by Turn 10, that isn't designed to do any of that. FH being more arcade like than the mainline FM games means that most of the time, they simply have dial things back as far as handling, control, etc... goes. That's far easier than creating everything from scratch like they would with motorcycles and boats.

Cherish these games while you can because they were never meant to last forever.

Skifi28

You guys need to stop fantasizing about the same places we have played in other games. This Japan shit is annoying. Give me obscure places like Iran, Turkey, Pakistan, Nigeria, Indonesia and other unknown places to the world that are just as beautiful. It's like devs are stuck in the same old mindset of "these are all the places we know". FH3 Aussie was sort of a breath of fresh air.

P.S. A Levant setting with an accurate Jerusalem/Damascus would be a dream for me.
You make it sound like like there's tons of games taking place in Japan. I could be wrong, but I genuinely can't think of any racing games exclusively taking place in Japan this past decade. Sure, many games will have a Japanese track here and there but it's hardly the same.

Woffls

japan because street/tuner culture
actual progression
far more cosmetic mods
less cringe
less off-road racing
nerf AWD (may be sorted in 5)
sad boy broken heart accessory pack dlc

Fahdis

You make it sound like like there's tons of games taking place in Japan. I could be wrong, but I genuinely can't think of any racing games exclusively taking place in Japan this past decade. Sure, many games will have a Japanese track here and there but it's hardly the same.

I'm done with Japan, US, Europe in general. Give us something new. It's just annoying.

I say Montréal, amazing place to drive!!

highways:
image.jpg

Residential areas:
chantier_montreal-696x378.jpg

Commercial streets:
travaux-montreal-rue-saint-hubert-plaza.jpg

downtown
abb12c6e-7b7b-11e9-9f79-0e7266730414.jpg

then there is the mountain
90b567032ea8675d967ca5de3234142c6c6fe388.jpeg

we also have a giant tunnel under the mountain
visite-garage-souterrain-cote-vertu-35581.jpg

and the race track
photo-2018-07-03-travaux-jean-drapeau-gilles-villeuneuve.jpg

I hope they accept the challenge!

Dream-Knife

Banned
Get rid of the character models and the cringe story lines.

I'd also like more cars. Like some dumb/fun cars. 1989 Toyota camry wagon? Why not.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
More Australia please :messenger_beaming:

Canada could look absolutely amazing. The mountains, lakes, season changes, etc would be great.

Japan is a clear option, but if they go that route I'd love for them to mix the gameplay/visuals up even more and stylize it more like NFS Underground. No other game has nailed street and drag racing like those games.

PuffyCan

I say Montréal, amazing place to drive!!

highways:
image.jpg

Residential areas:
chantier_montreal-696x378.jpg

Commercial streets:
travaux-montreal-rue-saint-hubert-plaza.jpg

downtown
abb12c6e-7b7b-11e9-9f79-0e7266730414.jpg

then there is the mountain
90b567032ea8675d967ca5de3234142c6c6fe388.jpeg

we also have a giant tunnel under the mountain
visite-garage-souterrain-cote-vertu-35581.jpg

and the race track
photo-2018-07-03-travaux-jean-drapeau-gilles-villeuneuve.jpg

I hope they accept the challenge!
You make a good point for montreal... but as always , quebec city would be better choice ;)

PaNaMa

Banned
This is probably going to sound stupid, but while driving around in the game last night I found so many vehicles just parked in random places and I REALLY wanted to be able to get out of my car, and hop into some of the ones I found.

So, in my open world racing game, I want to be able to get out of my car sometimes and walk around. Just because.

Wonko_C

Set on another planet
Having Top Gear 3000 vibes with this. ❤

I want it to copy Test Drive Unlimited and set the game on an entire island, mapped 1:1 with its real life counterpart, and also housing should be expanded to include customizable interiors, let us invite other players to chat, party and stuff.

Last edited:

SliChillax

Lighting engine overhaul that makes the cars look less plastic especially in cockpit view and overhaul of the stale handling model first then worry about location.

abcdrstuv

Banned
Bikes could be a DLC but they seem like a novelty thing and break the aesthetic..maybe some change where you have a garage and/or apartment you can upgrade.. they could do some kind of year-long/round thing with seasons so you settle in.. or have you "scouting" locations for the festival yourself.. The formula is so good, you don't want to disrupt it with BOATS or street racing..

Top Bottom