• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next mainline Assassin's Creed (after infinity) is set in Japan via Jeff Grubb

Topher

Gold Member
Jin Ok GIF by PlayStation

Laptop1991

i thought Infinity is going to be a gaas game, if it does well and makes a lot of money i cant see Ubisoft making good SP ones anymore just like Rockstar, no need to if your making bank, i hope Infinity fails personally as i do like AC SP games.

Saucy Papi

I'm confused...

How does Infinity exist and there still be standalone AC games afterwards...?
It sounds like Infinity will be the beginning of a "hub" for all future AC games with different time periods added throughout the years. Similar to how The Division 2 has had content added since inception. Maybe he's referring to the next time period after the Aztecs or whatever the current rumor is.

Rudius

I want ancient Rome. A game focused entirely on ancient Athens in extreme detail would be my dream, but it is impossible after Odissey. At least we have that.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Assassins creed is a special series and is in position to pick any historical era they want not many games or genres can do that.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Aztec AC would be cool. This? Meh, I got my fix with Ghost of Tsushima and it's very likely to get a sequel as well.

Stuart360

Would of preferred the Aztec/Mayan setting, but we have had a lot of feudal Japan set games recently so i'm not that surprised.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Next AC IS AC:RIFT, it features Basim, so it's a sequel to valhalla, which makes it as "mainline" as any other AC in the franchise.
AC: Infinity is going to feature multiple periods and places, so yes japan could be one of them, the game itself won't be "set" in any locale specifically.

SJRB

Gold Member
Love how suddenly all "leakers" come out of the woodworks about the next AC and they all tell a different story.

Lupin25

Would much rather Baghdad, but it seems like all these “insiders” are really just trying one up each other at this point regardless of the rumours likelihood.

Top Bottom