• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Pokémon GO Event Announced - Pokémon's 21st Birthday

JoeM86

Details for a special Pokémon GO promotion for Pokémon Day have been announced. From February 26th 2017 from 21:00 UTC to March 6th 2017 21:00 UTC, a Pikachu with a party hat will appear in Pokémon GO and will keep the hat forever. It's unknown what the hat will look like at the moment or if Raichu will keep it

tumblr_mxvvoz1xnh1qz7kjgo1_500.jpg

georly

This would've made more sense for the 20th anniversary....

Pokemon go wasn't out during the 20th anniversary though. I just expect party hat pikachu to be every year on pokemon's birthday. Same w santa hat pikachu being every year for christmas.

Gvitor

Pikachu is one of the only 1st stage 1st gen pokémon that I don't have, since I started with Squirtle and didn't play during the Christmas event, so this works out for me lol

But yeah, it'll be a lame event if it's just that. Double candy would be nice.

They JUST had the Valentines event, launched gen 2, and currently have an event for half-price storage upgrades, what do you guys want? lol

Not every event has to be huge, especially after the last two weeks the game has had.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I hope they up the catch rate on these event Pikachus.

Santa Pikachu was just a little shit that effectively scammed me out of all my pokeballs.

Pikachu is one of the only 1st stage 1st gen pokémon that I don't have, since I started with Squirtle and didn't play during the Christmas event, so this works out for me lol

But yeah, it'll be a lame event if it's just that. Double candy would be nice.
We literally JUST got a double candy event, and considering the theming of both double candy events (Halloween and Valentines, two holidays associated with candy), we'll likely get one come Easter as well.

They JUST had the Valentines event, launched gen 2, and currently have an event for half-price storage upgrades, what do you guys want? lol

Not every event has to be huge, especially after the last two weeks the game has had.

To complain about things they have no interest in.

Top Bottom