• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Street Fighter V DLC character leaked: Ed (the hoodie kid from the campaign)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSqueak

Banned
I'm more confused how he went from like 6-7 years old to like borderline 18 years old in the course of 2 years max.

Balrog mentioned that his origin as a Shadaloo experiment is what made him age faster, they don't go fully into it, but they do reference he aged faster than a regular human.

Evilisk

I'm actually okay with Ed (sans his rather boring design)

Like everyone else says, he'll be pretty relevant if/when Capcom brings back Bison.

They just really need to revamp his design imo (and looking at Kolin's new model, this is probably gonna happen)

Numb

Capcom delays the dlc character even longer to have a different one replace Ed to throw people off

Who told yall to find things and look at random accidents on PSN

I thought they giving us new characters not just characters that showed up on story mod.

Dont like his bland design too
Why are you mad at capcom bc you're reading comprehension is at a first grade level? They made it perfectly clear what they were adding.
Ya trying to say wearing hoodies make you edgy? 😂
if you don't look like you belong in an anime visual novel you're edgy

Gren

I'm not sure how many years passed. I recall hearing 1-3 years, but don't quote me on that.

Well Ibuki is still in high school between all of IV~III, so there's probably not much time between them at all.

Unless both she and Sarai became Kyo-like washouts & took forever to graduate.

I'm not sure how many years passed. I recall hearing 1-3 years, but don't quote me on that.

Well Ibuki is still in high school between all of IV~III, so there's probably not much time between them at all.

Unless both she and Sarai became Kyo-like washouts & took forever to graduate.

Yeah looking online before asking the best I could get was apparently IV is set in 95 and III is in 98. Though who knows what the current situation is with how newer and newer tech is seen in each entry regardless of timeline placement.

I just know Ken keeps having his private life develop over time.

EcstaticFlippantImpala.gif

First Sub-Zero, now Ermac

I see you Capcom

yurinka

I think the Ed we know doesn't match with the silhouettes unless he tooks steroids and a redesign (maybe the spiky hair one has the most similar body type?):
ug33tnl3r7fy.jpg

7ps2cLJ.png

Qei0nZz.jpg

Maybe it's another character named Ed, like the Final Fight boss Edie. E or a brand new one. Let's look how Edi. E looks:

latest

latest

latest

His SFV design:
latest

I think Edi. E doesn't match with the silhouettes. But again, who knows.

pizzacat

Banned
I think the Ed we know doesn't match with the silhouettes:
ug33tnl3r7fy.jpg

7ps2cLJ.png

Qei0nZz.jpg

Maybe it's another character named Ed, like the Final Fight boss Edie. E or a brand new one. Let's look how Edi. E looks:

latest

latest

latest

His SFV design:
latest

I think Edi. E doesn't match with the silhouettes.
Nah if they're mentioning ed it's ed from sfv

That's like "Street Fighter V with Ryu (from breath of fire)"

yurinka

Nah if they're mentioning ed it's ed from sfv

That's like "Street Fighter V with Ryu (from breath of fire)"
Capcom didn't say in the store that he is the Ed from SFV, they said instead: "Contains 6 additional characters: Akuma, Kolin, Ed and 3 brand new fighters join the fight! Akuma, Kolin and Ed are available now and will be followed by the 3 additional characters throughout the year."

But considering that Kolin and Satsuki appear in the story mode, I'd bet the Season 2 Ed is Balrog's friend. And if it's confirmed to be him, I think it would be a safe bet to think the huge silhouette is Azam because he appears frequently in the SFV story.

I have no opinion on Ed, other than that his basic design is dull and he only hangs out with Balrog who I don't care for. However, I also disliked Kolin's design and she was a really fun character, so who knows?

If Azam turns out to be a stealth clone of Darun, I wouldn't mind.

yurinka

Now I'm thinking that Balrog's Ed has Psycho Power, like M.Bison. And this update (where he was supposed to be introduced) will also include M.Bison's stage. I think it would be pretty likely that M.Bison would appear in Ed's character story so would make sense to release this stage and him at the same time.

I also have now a theory of why he doesn't fit with the silhouettes: maybe M.Bison chooses him as his next vessel making him way stronger and musculated.

But who knows, maybe Ono is trolling us and the next character isn't name Ed, and is Byron Taylor instead.

Korezo

I think the Ed we know doesn't match with the silhouettes unless he tooks steroids and a redesign (maybe the spiky hair one has the most similar body type?):
ug33tnl3r7fy.jpg

7ps2cLJ.png

Qei0nZz.jpg

latest

latest

latest

His SFV design:
latest

I think Edi. E doesn't match with the silhouettes. But again, who knows.

The 4 one looks like sombody with a hood on and their back facing the front.

yurinka

The 4 one looks like sombody with a hood on and their back facing the front.
Which one do you mean? The one that appears with the airport stage as background and in the top right corner in Akuma's images? Seems too huge to be him.

And if you mean the character with the Brazil stage as background seems to be Satsuki:
http://64.91.255.7/forum/showpost.php?p=226978473&postcount=505
http://assets.neogafllc.netdna-cdn.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227132913&postcount=662
http://64.91.255.7/forum/showpost.php?p=226980123&postcount=519
By combining with the Akuma images I posted in the current thread we can get a shape something similar to this:
http://assets.neogafllc.netdna-cdn.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227449371&postcount=723

Rymuth

Now I'm thinking that Balrog's Ed has Psycho Power, like M.Bison. And this update (where he was supposed to be introduced) will also include M.Bison's stage. I think it would be pretty likely that M.Bison would appear in Ed's character story so would make sense to release this stage and him at the same time.

I also have now a theory of why he doesn't fit with the silhouettes: maybe M.Bison chooses him as his next vessel making him way stronger and musculated.

But who knows, maybe Ono is trolling us and the next character isn't name Ed, and is Byron Taylor instead.
M Bison is presumed dead post-V and during III

Introducing Ed now allows them to resurrect Bison in SF6 by having his soul possess him. People realized Ed was Capcom's 'get out of jail' card ever since he was introduced in 4

Korezo

Which one do you mean? The one that appears with the airport stage as background and in the top right corner in Akuma's images? Seems too huge to be him.

And if you mean the character with the Brazil stage as background seems to be Satsuki:
http://64.91.255.7/forum/showpost.php?p=226978473&postcount=505
http://assets.neogafllc.netdna-cdn.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227132913&postcount=662
http://64.91.255.7/forum/showpost.php?p=226980123&postcount=519
By combining with the Akuma images I posted in the current thread we can get a shape something similar to this:
http://assets.neogafllc.netdna-cdn.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227449371&postcount=723

Yeah, the airport stage. I think its just big close up of his back and head.

Arkeband

Banned

Introducing Ed now allows them to resurrect Bison in SF6 by having his soul possess him. People realized Ed was Capcom's 'get out of jail' card ever since he was introduced in 4

They could have came up with any justification and fans would have just had to deal with it, it isn't like SF lore makes perfect sense anyway.

How Bison resurrects in a world without Ed:
Necalli 'dissipates' in SFV, Bison 'dissipates' in SFV. Secretly their souls GATTAI and he respawns as N. Bison (Necalli Bison) who devour-our-ours people to fuel his psycho power.

Check please.

Like Fast and Furious, SF's story is not allowed to progress part 3 until after part 6.

Enjoy your SF6 Bison final boss, kappa.

Neoxon

Yeah looking online before asking the best I could get was apparently IV is set in 95 and III is in 98. Though who knows what the current situation is with how newer and newer tech is seen in each entry regardless of timeline placement.

I just know Ken keeps having his private life develop over time.
I believe Street Fighter goes by a sliding timeline, like what Marvel uses for their comics' timeline.

yurinka

In addition to the Balrog reference in their image, the Street Fighter FB page also updated their cover and logo images with this pinkish haze very similar to the Psycho Power one:

18199304_10155383914892147_5197307845182689442_n.png

18216864_10155383912687147_3840972671972191714_o.jpg

So yep, this Ed seems to be Balrog's friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom