• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next week's Jump news (KH PSP, Dissidia, BD+)

duckroll

Next week's Jump has a bit for news for certain games. Most likely recaps of stuff that'll be at Jump Festa.

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (PSP) - There are scenes that show Maleficient talking to Terra, further hinting that Sleeping Beauty will be one of the new worlds in the game. Cinderella is also confirmed.

Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP) - Squall Leonhart is the 5th FF hero to be revealed. There are also scenes where he talks to Ultemecia. You can level up and gain abilities in the game. When Squall uses his limitbreak multi sword slash move you can time continous attacks with the R button to increase the damage.

Blue Dragon Plus (DS) - Takes place 1 year after Blue Dragon. Massive BD spoilers:
It is set after the end of BD when the world has opened up and the Cube worlds are abundant. The characters travel through these various Cube worlds during the adventure.
There are many screens of battles.

Kyoufu

duckroll said:
Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP) - Squall Leonhart is the 5th FF hero to be revealed. There are also scenes where he talks to Ultemecia. You can level up and gain abilities in the game. When Squall uses his limitbreak multi sword slash move you can time continous attacks with the R button to increase the damage.

Oh my god sold sold sold!!!!!

Even if the game sucks, the fanservice will satisfy me immensely.

duckroll

jj984jj said:
Anything about DQV DS?

Don't think so. The blogger that provides early Jump news these days is this guy: http://taletalesource.blog69.fc2.com

He didn't mention anything about DQV, and I'm ignoring all those anime games that have no real info on them. KH DS and KH Coded are in it too, but he doesn't say anything interesting about them. Need scans.

duckroll

nelsonroyale said:
ha, okay, anything FFXIII?

Nope. I'm starting to doubt it'll even make 2008. Seems like they're kinda behind. They were supposed to show realtime FFVersusXIII footage and show FFXIII playable "before the end of the year" but they've totally missed that deadline.

duckroll said:
Nope. I'm starting to doubt it'll even make 2008. Seems like they're kinda behind. They were supposed to show realtime FFVersusXIII footage and show FFXIII playable "before the end of the year" but they've totally missed that deadline.

Actually, I think there is zero chance that either will come out in 2008. Really, even if the game is far along, they are waiting for a good userbase. The game will sell, but the numbers are a bit low right now. Annoying thing is Nomura even said he was playing a section of versus a while back in a n interview... As you indicated, they seem to hold off hyping their games off too much until they are in the home straight. Its not a bad policy, but ff is an established series, people (me) just want some info and gameplay footage to chew on. Otherwise there are other games coming out that Im interested in, but this is the series where I like to see a little of the world they are creating.

cheers trin for those dissidia screens, hope it turns out good enough. It certainly looks nice.

Niiiice. Bonus points to Nomura for sticking with Amano's design.

If they're using the final bosses from each game, I wonder how they'll portray the Cloud of Darkness?

nelsonroyale said:
Actually, I think there is zero chance that either will come out in 2008.

You are correct. There is zero chance either game will be released in 2008. The "big winter game" slot for next year is already taken by DQIX; even if FFXIII were ready and the userbase were big enough, they'd need to push it off to a different quarter, and probably across the divide into the next fiscal year.

charlequin said:
You are correct. There is zero chance either game will be released in 2008. The "big winter game" slot for next year is already taken by DQIX; even if FFXIII were ready and the userbase were big enough, they'd need to push it off to a different quarter, and probably across the divide into the next fiscal year.

funny thing is, considering how long FFXII took, Im not surprised FFXIII is taking long as well, it is an even bigger undertaking, and, at least given what they have said, the game seems to be very ambitious (very fast paced battle system, more interactive dialogue etc)

nelsonroyale said:
funny thing is, considering how long FFXII took, Im not surprised FFXIII is taking long as well, it is an even bigger undertaking, and, at least given what they have said, the game seems to be very ambitious (very fast paced battle system, more interactive dialogue etc)

FFXII's development length had less to do with the size of the undertaking and more to do with the guy in charge being unable to handle the size of the undertaking.

FFXIII's 'development' length has less to do with the size of the undertaking and more to do with the size of the userbase.

Pureauthor said:
FFXII's development length had less to do with the size of the undertaking and more to do with the guy in charge being unable to handle the size of the undertaking.

FFXIII's 'development' length has less to do with the size of the undertaking and more to do with the size of the userbase.

eh, I think it is a factor, especially if the game looks anything like the trailer

Pureauthor said:

I can't prove any of this, but more recent considerations are pointing me towards it having more to do with a gameplay design that was more technically ambitious than the team realized, followed by brutal judo chops by The Mgmt. when the team (who hadn't developed a full-on FF before, mind) took longer than intended in getting it ready.

(Which is all beside the point of "FF XIII is late because S-E wants it to be late," which I agree with entirely. :lol )

Desi

So the FFII hero (can't remember name) and the Emperor as well? Horrible level up system for battle as well? Would be corny but funny, the more he gets hit the higher his defense raises in battle.

zurra

wow, Dissidia looking great as usual. i can't wait for some impressions of how it actually plays.

if they put snow white and cinderella's worlds (before they were destroyed) + a sword in the stone world into birth by sleep/any KH game, i would be so happy ... seeing aurora already makes me crazy happy though!

edit: duckroll <3

HK-47 said:
Who are the characters in the three color rimmed portraits on the KH scan?

New characters Terra, Vayne, and Mysterious Girl with Mysterious Appearance and Mysterious Motives who will do Mysterious Things.

Matix

Dissidia looks fucking orgasmic, wish S-E would release a download-able demo to the public.
Also, has anyone confirmed if KH:BBS will be playable @ J.Festa?!

jiggle

Even larger scans :D
taken from http://siontatari.blog25.fc2.com/

qwqw.jpg

wqwq.jpg

duckroll

I wonder why we didn't get any scans at all from this week's Jump after the KH and Dissidia ones. What's going on? Where is Blue Dragon Plus?! Even though it'll suck I *must* see it!!!!!!!!! :(

neo?!? plz save me!!!!!

duckroll

king zell said:
didn't neo post them in another thread ?

No, there was last week's Jump (weekly), and last week's V Jump (monthly). This is the thread for this week's Jump (weekly) and we only have the Dissidia and KH scans so far.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
kenji said:
as fas as i know, yes, with online 1 vs 1

Are you serious? Please do not spread rumors, this is a huge deal you know.

duckroll said:
No, where did you hear that. It's ad-hoc only, like every other PSP game.

Wow, I guess you are not a big PSP gamer. Not all are online, but some are online.

I hope someone even Sony pushes for online play.

oh and demos please Square, please!!!

Top Bottom