• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Xbox is ‘More Advanced’ Than the PS5 according to Insiders.

https://gamerant.com/next-xbox-more-powerful-than-ps5/

While the specs of the Sony console may be impressive and have faster load times, the next-generation Xbox console may be much more powerful.
On Twitter earlier today, journalist Ainsley Bowden cited “multiple insiders” who have revealed that the next-generation Xbox console will be “more advanced” than the Sony system. Bowden later clarified that this information comes from “known sources” on Microsoft and Xbox details who have been “accurate for years on leaks.” Bowden also told followers that the suggestion the next Xbox will have better specs than the PS5 “shouldn’t be surprising” as Microsoft has been touting its plans to have the most powerful next-generation console for some time.
While release dates for the PS5 and the next-generation Xbox haven’t been confirmed yet, Bowden said that “next year is going to be amazing” for fans of both brands. It’s unclear how the next-generation Xbox console will be more powerful than the PS5. Cerny said that the console would support 8K graphics in games, that the PS5 would load games in less than a second, and that it would support ray-tracing and 3D audio. While the wider public has yet to see these features, to many, they sound impressive and high-end. On this basis, Microsoft would have to do something really special to have the next Xbox to beat this.

This has been spreading around the web like wild fire, and many are taking this guy at his word that he has access to insiders, he does have ties to the industry, and he has had a network since 2015, but he doesn't have many twitter followers, has only 721 subs on YouTube, and his name is basically nowhere. No one else has yet reported on these insiders.

It may be true, but since he's claiming that it's been let out of the bag I'd like to see someone else report on t or at least someone finding out if this guy is legit and has industry connections.

there no way theyd release a uber powerful console as the standard console to go toe to toe with ps5. itd cost way too much. my guess is that itll be the higher end sku and be like 600+ dollars. with a whittled down sku being 4-500. and the barebones digital only are like 2-300

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Oh baby now we’re talking! Now to see the specs after confirmation. Still don’t know if this guy is legit or not so only time will tell. I believe in Xbox especially after the X

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Honestly, until E3 we won't know for sure. I don't think they'll make what some may seem as a misstep by Sony by showing their hand too early and potentially for a bad reason (to thwart and divert attention from the discless xbox release). I'm keeping an open mind, I still plan on buying both, but the more powerful console will dictate where I buy most of my 3rd party games. So, we got what, about a month and a half? I can wait.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
We don't even know PS5's specs
If advanced means better then nothing then they are not wrong.
All we know is what features it has.
Either way nothing is concrete until they announce it, and like before that's not even final until production.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Hilarious the lengths ppl will go to throw out the same hot air with no substance like Microsoft has been doing for years (ala Milo, awesome destruction via cloud, etc). Boy they sure do have little green guys working overtime. Of course it's possible it will be slightly more powerful but no one knows yet.

I knew this was coming when the other fanboys were shitting in their pants when they heard the vague but great plans for PS5.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
The non-existent specs for the next Xbox are more advanced than the unknown specs for the PS5 according to unknown Xbox fanboy on the web? That's thread worth OP?

You have to remember this is an Afro thread man

Hes trying to steal and counter some thunder from PS5 announcement by making some hypotetical xbox speculation

The PS5 news got him jelly

Last edited:

Leonidas

Partially true Xbox specs according to "verified" post at another pace.

CPU: Custom 8 cores / 16 Threads Zen 2 CPU
GPU: Custom NAVI @12+ teraflops
Memory: 16GB GDDR6
Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD @ 1+GB/s
DirectX Raytracing + MS AI

Removed from Xbox LeakAnnounced PS5 Spec
CPU: Custom 8 cores / 16 Threads Zen 2 CPU
GPU: Custom NAVI @12+ teraflops
Memory: 16GB GDDR6
Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD @ 1+GB/s
DirectX Raytracing + MS AI

E3 will be interesting for sure, wonder if MS will announce details a year out like they did with Scorpio.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Hilarious the lengths ppl will go to throw out the same hot air with no substance like Microsoft has been doing for years (ala Milo, awesome destruction via cloud, etc). Boy they sure do have little green guys working overtime. Of course it's possible it will be slightly more powerful but no one knows yet.

Remember when the insiders were claiming that the PS5 was only going to use Zen+ and the next Xbox was Zen2 just to have that perceived FUD like edge?

Then Cerny drops the architecture and now the insiders have to go back to the drawing board.

It’s all bullshit viral leapfrogging at this point.

Last edited:

nowhat

Announced PS5 Spec
Huh, what are you smoking and why bogart it? What's been confirmed so far is a) Zen 2 CPU, b) some Navi-based GPU, c) very fast SSD-based storage (but how much and how fast, that remains to be seen) and d) some sort of (likely) hardware-based ray tracing. The rest is pure speculation. And hell would have to get pretty bloody cold for Sony to include DirectX-anything in their consoles.

Last edited:

Leonidas

Huh, what are you smoking and why bogart it? What's been confirmed so far is a) Zen 2 CPU, b) some Navi-based GPU, c) very fast SSD-based storage (but how much and how fast, that remains to be seen) and some sort of (likely) hardware-based ray tracing. The rest is pure speculation. And hell would have to get pretty bloody cold for Sony to include DirectX-anything in their consoles.

Yes. Sony so far announced what was on the Leaked Xbox Spec, except with less details.
The blurred stuff is removed from Xbox Leak to get to what Sony announced so far.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Next Xbox can come covered in chocolate, sing and dance and offer relationship advices and still Europe and Asia will ignore it.
There is no need to "beat Sony", xbox might not the number 1, but it is in a good place and it is very profitable. MS should worry in not letting Sony gain more of America to keep that position.

Mikey Jr.

Xbox One 100% will be stronger than PS4.

But seriously, power is getting to the point where its so high that one being "weaker" than the other is pretty insignificant. Each console should come with a magnifying glass so you can see the differences.

Reactions: TLZ

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I highly doubt any company has finalized specs over a year in advance. Usually you need 6 months or so for manufacturing and we don’t even know what the release dates are, which could be holiday 2020.

DanielsM

Banned
Microsoft said, if I bought a Xbox One it would be "future proof". :unsure:

Seriously, it would not surprise me if they come out with more powerful hardware, of course they can - nothing surprising there. I would think if someone is interesting in playing Microsoft games they would be thinking of upgrading their other Xbox i.e. their PC.

Toe-Knee

The only way they can be sure it's more advanced is if it uses the gpu architecture that amd only refer to as next gen that's post Navi.

But going on amd release schedules that won't be ready until 2023+

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yes. Sony so far announced what was on the Leaked Xbox Spec, except with less details.
The blurred stuff is removed from Xbox Leak to get to what Sony announced so far.

The funny thing is, that was a "leaked" PS5 spec long before a "leaked Xbox spec". You can go more than 6 months ago on this very board where a mod shared info from a supposed "insider" that dropped that very spec, even clocks. It just was not as fancy with a C-prompt dump.

Then after he was dropping PS5 architecture spec, the Xbox one pops up mirroring it, claiming it as their own. They even tried to claim the PS5 was Zen+ for a short bit.

That is why I am saying, these "insiders" are just coopting shit and leapfrogging with viral like marketing.

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
The difference whatever it is or ends up being won't make a big of an impact, on paper it might look good.
Personally the biggest difference in my opinion will be between 3D audio vs the physics engine (if it turns out to be true).

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
What does "more advanced" mean?

Better handling of ray-tracing? Better handling of VR? Better handling of removing bottlenecks to performance (which the fancy-shmancy PS5 SSD seems to be doing)?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but I am really only going to trust official sources for any pre-E3 leaks.

Aurelian

my friends call me "Cunty"
To some extent, all this spec measuring is irrelevant for most people. Outside of console exclusives, developers are going to target both platforms -- and it's doubtful that any one system will have such an overwhelming advantage that it'll be worth designing a game around that advantage.

It's going to largely come down to specific implementations and the software ecosystem, and Sony likely still has that edge. If you already have a large library of PS4 games and you generally enjoy the PS4 experience, why on Earth would you get the next Xbox instead of a PS5?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think if its possible whats gonna happen is that microsoft will make a very expensive xbox anaconda and a weaker version. just to say that they have the most powerful system. like a very expensive 600 dollar console.

It is kind of frustrating knowing there will be once again, and in this case a much lower spec baseline for third parties to be held back on. Yes the higher spec will do higher things, but not as high as it would if it were the baseline spec.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Honestly, until E3 we won't know for sure. I don't think they'll make what some may seem as a misstep by Sony by showing their hand too early and potentially for a bad reason (to thwart and divert attention from the discless xbox release). I'm keeping an open mind, I still plan on buying both, but the more powerful console will dictate where I buy most of my 3rd party games. So, we got what, about a month and a half? I can wait.
It’s very difficult if not impossible for MS to change specs significantly now that Sony has shown their hand. Specs are more or less finalized unless MS is releasing much later.

It is kind of frustrating knowing there will be once again, and in this case a much lower spec baseline for third parties to be held back on. Yes the higher spec will do higher things, but not as high as it would if it were the baseline spec.
If developers can do it for PC, they can do it for a console.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Of course they can, but, developers are also not taking full advantage of top end PC hardware due to the lower spec that is the majority.

This is why the first party games will still outshine on consoles when it comes to that issue. Switch will be in an even worse position when it comes to third party.

Last edited:

Leonidas

That was a "leaked" PS5 spec long before a "leaked Xbox spec". You can go more than 6 months ago on this very board where a mod shared info from a supposed "insider" that dropped that very spec, even clocks. It just was not as fancy with a C-prompt dump.

Was it? I must have missed that. Did he mention ray-tracing too?
The thing about the Xbox Leak is that it has been verified by multiple sources so I'm inclined there is some validity to it. Whatever the case may be E3 should be interesting :lollipop_smiling_face_eyes:

They even tried to claim the PS5 was Zen+ for a short bit.

Who's they? The biggest PS5 leak thread on this forum only mentions Custom Zen, maybe that's where that speculation came from...

A lot didn't read the bottom line of the thread. I think it's more important to find out of this is an actual player in the Industry than say wondering if there's "time" for the Xbox to beat specs when we don't know Xbox specs.

A lot of people are reporting on this guy and usually they don't do that. Any info on this person? Anybody here of him before today?

Stuart360

A lot of people thought the Xbox One was going to be more powerful than PS4 if you remember back. Having said that, Phil said at E3 on at least 3 different interviews (he may also have said it at the conference) that Xbox will never lose the power advantage again, and you would have to be nieve to think that bnoth Microsoft and Sony know exactly what each other are building, especially when its the same company providing the tech.

Geki-D

Banned
This is a moot point. No PC game is made solely to run on the most powerful PC hardware. They're made to run on all sorts of PC hardware (up to a certain point), with the higher options adding more bells & whistles.

A lower spec version of a console knocking around in the same gen means the same thing if devs have to make games to run on it.

Shin

Banned
Who is he talking about or is it tales from his ass?
Didn't read it all yet but the statement is correct about what MS said and where, you'd have to be mighty confident (unsure if they still are though lol).

Top Bottom