• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Xbox is ‘More Advanced’ Than the PS5 according to Insiders.

joe_zazen

Maybe they are going to reveal their own tear jerkin last of us/dead superhero opus. People seem to like crying now and dead protags.

I am betting it is an open world Old Yeller or Charlottes Web.

Last edited:
I think xbox anocanda will be 10-20% more powerful than ps5. But it will be 6000% more powerful cause of da cloudz and its secret sawce

Last edited:

Aceofspades

Banned
I don't think its Xbox related, MS wouldn't want to spread any bad PR through their insiders .

Brad sams is biggest MS shill, he is the type to deny bad news even if proven true later. Similar to what Penello did here when PS4 had power lead, and what R.Leadbetter was doing to mitigate PS4 power advantage.

It won't be Xbox related for this reason alone.

Last edited:
Fuck!

That sounds bad! Like someone said... imagine if they said their next console is discless.

Whatever it is now I'm worried. Lol

Edit: I don't think it is related to XBox at all.
Disc-less isn't bad. Discs are just DRM. You can still download games and play offline. If you don't have the disc you can't play at all.

Last edited:

Drewpee

Banned
I have no idea if this is true but if Microsoft doesn't have the most powerful console on the market then they might as well not even be in the gaming hardware business. This is the one place where Microsoft has no excuse whatsoever. Power can be bought and Microsoft has more than enough money.

There is no way on earth that Sony and Mocrosoft do not already know what the other is doing. Microsoft should already know what they will be competing against.

I have no idea if this is true but if Microsoft doesn't have the most powerful console on the market then they might as well not even be in the gaming hardware business. This is the one place where Microsoft has no excuse whatsoever. Power can be bought and Microsoft has more than enough money.

There is no way on earth that Sony and Mocrosoft do not already know what the other is doing. Microsoft should already know what they will be competing against.
They should just build a PC and sell it.

SonGoku

761-D9-A7-B-8-D7-D-49-EB-BEC5-CCF2617-C1-E08.png

621-A0-E65-8902-4077-A683-561-ADC59-A160.jpg

That's using Nvidia GPUs though... Could just be DirectX native support for DLSS.
Don't get me wrong i hope they use this on big machines (PS5/SNEK) that way devs can target 1440p to free GPU resources and clean up the picture using AI super-sampling.

SonGoku

NuvP95g.png

More rumors emerge and corroborate my claim, that next Xbox was targeted for 7nm+ with EUV and late 2020, while Ps5 was planned for earlier with Zen2 and Navi, but just postponed to 2020 (due to Ps4 doing fine anyway and some Navi production issues)

Raytracing on the CPU reads like a fantastic waste of console resources. Because of that, i say fake

Raytracing on the CPU reads like a fantastic waste of console resources. Because of that, i say fake
Sounds more like the RAY specific part is done in some extra Threads on the CPU rather than custom made GPU parts.
Some is still done on the GPU and with the fast interconnect and unified memory at >600GBit/s that could work.
But I don't have detail knowledge on the matter.

NuvP95g.png

More rumors emerge and corroborate my claim, that next Xbox was targeted for 7nm+ with EUV and late 2020, while Ps5 was planned for earlier with Zen2 and Navi, but just postponed to 2020 (due to Ps4 doing fine anyway and some Navi production issues)

I will shit my pants and post it on Youtube and leave it here if this is true.

Last edited:

SonGoku

Sounds more like the RAY specific part is done in some extra Threads on the CPU rather than custom made GPU parts.
Some is still done on the GPU and with the fast interconnect and unified memory at >600GBit/s that could work.
But I don't have detail knowledge on the matter.
Doesn't make sense considering GPU is orders of magnitudes faster for these type of highly parallelized jobs.

Last edited:
Doesn't make sense considering GPU is orders of magnitudes faster for these type of highly parallelized jobs.
Makes sense according to AMD

McHuj

Maybe, maybe not. I assume, if true, this CPU portion will be handling a similar workload to the RT code which does the BVH traversal. Which has a lot of issues with parallelization when paths diverge (hence the RT cores and not shaders handle this on Turing).

And being a hot research topic, the optimal data structures maybe something other than BVH trees so perhaps a software solution is a better approach for that portion of the algorithm instead of a fix hardware block that may become obsolete.

Stafford

It wouldn't surprise me, I believe Phil Spencer said in the past that they will never have the lesser hardware again and last week Klobrille leaked some stuff? I guess we won't know for sure until they officially announce the full specs. Didn't Sony up the ram at the last minute with PS4?

SonGoku

Maybe, maybe not. I assume, if true, this CPU portion will be handling a similar workload to the RT code which does the BVH traversal. Which has a lot of issues with parallelization when paths diverge (hence the RT cores and not shaders handle this on Turing).

And being a hot research topic, the optimal data structures maybe something other than BVH trees so perhaps a software solution is a better approach for that portion of the algorithm instead of a fix hardware block that may become obsolete.
hmm interesting use of CPU in combination for GPU, but still It doesn't make up for lack of specialized RT hw which is exponentially faster.
Also if this code has issue with parallelization SMT wouln't be of much help

blu blu any insight on this would be greatly appreciated
Makes sense according to AMD
What does it say?

Last edited:

SonGoku

It wouldn't surprise me, I believe Phil Spencer said in the past that they will never have the lesser hardware again and last week Klobrille leaked some stuff? I guess we won't know for sure until they officially announce the full specs. Didn't Sony up the ram at the last minute with PS4?
Its one thing to not have lesser hw entirely different than having superior hw
If Snek is $500 and PS5 $400 they can boast of a 10-20% advantage, otherwise they will be equal with minimal variations.

Last edited:

Stafford

Its one thing to not have lesser hw entirely different than having superior hw
If Snek is $500 and PS5 $400 they can boast of a 10% advantage, otherwise they will be equal with minimal variations.

That's true. But don't they also have a X specced console planned for the non "hardcore" gamers? Personally I'm not too fond of that approach because I'm a little afraid next gen games will be built with that system in mind and not Anaconda. Hopefully I'm worrying about nothing here.

Either way, they can have a lesser powerful one but priced very nicely and go "all out" with Anaconda in terms of specs.

SonGoku

That's true. But don't they also have a X specced console planned for the non "hardcore" gamers? Personally I'm not too fond of that approach because I'm a little afraid next gen games will be built with that system in mind and not Anaconda. Hopefully I'm worrying about nothing here.

Either way, they can have a lesser powerful one but priced very nicely and go "all out" with Anaconda in terms of specs.
You mean $600+ all out?

Stafford

That could happen indeed but again it would just be a 10-20% performance advantage.

Yeah. I'm not sure what the ‰ difference now is between X and Pro, but probably something similar or not even that is what I'm guessing. If both systems are on par at the end of the day I'm fine with that. That'll finally shut some folks up, haha.

It will also mean DF won't have as much work to do as they have this gen though, lol.

SonGoku

Yeah. I'm not sure what the ‰ difference now is between X and Pro, but probably something similar or not even that is what I'm guessing. If both systems are on par at the end of the day I'm fine with that. That'll finally shut some folks up, haha.

It will also mean DF won't have as much work to do as they have this gen though, lol.
Much lesser, the X holds a 40% performance advantage over the pro. That's not gonna happen unless they release a year later or price Snek at $600 vs $400 PS5.

Top Bottom