• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NextGen Wheels peripherals PS4 and Xbox One Thread: NeoGaf Wheel Club Updates in OP

Oxn

Straight from Fanatec's Blog:

Sony, why you do this?

So if you want a Fanatec wheel on the PS4, you will likely have to buy an entirely new wheel base and wheel.

Again, this pretty much cements the fact that if you want to enjoy sim racing, you are better off making the PC your home. Forza MS # is coming to the PC. So basically you are only missing out on GT Sport, which is has a lot prove to make it worth a $500+ investment.

Since i dont have a set up, and Fanatec/Sony is willing to make a dedicated set up for PS4, that will probably work for PC as well, i guess im OK with this, since I'll be able to use the Fanatec wheel I want.

It'll probably be the exact same thing as the CSL wheel base for Xbox One, but for PS4 instead.

Since i dont have a set up, and Fanatec/Sony is willing to make a dedicated set up for PS4, that will probably work for PC as well, i guess im OK with this, since I'll be able to use the Fanatec wheel I want.

It'll probably be the exact same thing as the CSL wheel base for Xbox One, but for PS4 instead.

Just a heads up you probably wont be able to use the Porsche wheel. They will probably do a custom wheel like they did with the xbox one. The new CSL base still requires the purchase of the XB1 rim.

I almost jumped but I came to my senses. I just wanted to use my clubsport pedals again, so I checked basher boards website and he stopped doing pre orders for his cpx adapter, and you can just buy one again. Im going to do that since my TX wheel is perfectly fine.

Yes.....and no.

The very expensive fanatec clubsport wheel, will work with Xbox one and only Dirt Rally and Project Cars on PS4.

The next iteration of the Fanatec csl wheels will be platform locked. There will be no cross platform wheels anytime in the near future......if ever.

Damn it. Thanks for reply

Best course of action right now is to buy a chronusmax adapter if you have a g25/27 and wait.

If you don't have a wheel a good gamble could be a ps4/pc compatible wheel. If the Forza games (one way or another) end up supporting more wheels on pc, you could get away with it and be playing all major racing franchises with a single wheel.

At least that's what I'm hoping since I have a g29 xD

Worst case scenario: I don't play Forza. It's either that or "I don't play GT".

drotahorror

I think it will only be Microsoft branded wheels with other wheels as "coming soon" only for there to be no ETA a la Forza Apex.

I would be pleasantly surprised if it transpires any other way.

You will be pleasantly surprised then :) Full list of wheels is being finalised and we'll announce as soon as we can. Hopefully won't be too long now.

This makes me happy. (this is in regards to windows 10 FH3)

Picklock

The post on Forza forums:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm547211_Supported-Wheels-on-PC.aspx#post_547211

A ps4/pc wheel may very well be enough to play almost everything.

Found my old CMv2 and did a quick test with the Fanatec v2 base/bmw rim on Driveclub, I'm not the most keen on the game itself.. all I can say, amazing, the rev lights are even working and full ffb. Will have a video up in a few days hopefully, waiting for the CMv3 to arrive.

cheers

frontieruk

Apex wheel support announced, not final list but this is what's there after the update

Code:
Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster T300RS
Thrustmaster T500 RS Gaming Wheel
Logitech G920 Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel

Read more at http://news.xbox.com/2016/09/06/forza-motorsport-6-apex-comes-beta-wheel-support/#DDLgZmdQiQg5dXJl.99

My original list of going to be supported

Code:
Manufacturer	Model
Logitech	                G25
                                G27
                                G29
                                G920
                                MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster	T300RS
                                T500RS
                                RGT Force Feedback
                                T150
                                TX
                                TMX
Fanatec          	CSR
                                HID-mode for the Xbox One

Looks like the fanatec wheels didn't make this cut everything else is there.

Apex wheel support announced, not final list but this is what's there after the update

Code:
Thrustmaster T300RS
Thrustmaster T150

Read more at http://news.xbox.com/2016/09/06/forza-motorsport-6-apex-comes-beta-wheel-support/#DDLgZmdQiQg5dXJl.99

Code:
Manufacturer	Model
                                G27
                                G29
                                G920
Thrustmaster	T300RS
                                T500RS
                                RGT Force Feedback
                                T150
                                TX
                                TMX
Fanatec          	CSR

Well, well, looks like I'll be playing EVERYTHING xD

This gen is absurd anyway. I've had to downgrade my setup in order to reach a better compatibility. The alternative was spending a lot of money and still be in the wheel limbo. Thanks, Ms/Sony.

Picklock

Of course it's a driver issue and Logitech stopped caring a long time ago.

when Fanatec wheels are in PS3 mode, they are seen as G25/G27

found an old post, March 2015.. called this one a while ago ahaha :D

Indeed, most Fanatec wheels in PS3 mode show up as a G25/G27 on a PC. The technique that CM is currently using to have anything that is seen as a G25/G27 now will be recognized on the PS4 as a G29 instead. Unfortunately, the lies have been fully revealed. Thanks be, we now have the means to realize the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqOOHVDzoQM

Shouldn't be too much of an issue right now, see above :) but hopefully we get official Fanatec support.

Save the wheels, lads.

paskowitz

Code:
Thrustmaster T300RS
Thrustmaster T150

Code:
Manufacturer	Model
                                G27
                                G29
                                G920
Thrustmaster	T300RS
                                T500RS
                                RGT Force Feedback
                                T150
                                TX
                                TMX
Fanatec          	CSR

Lol, Fanatec Logitech Emulation for the win.

Picklock

And to my suspicion, Fanatec v2 has no ffb from the game while in pc mode with F:Apex, although it shows up perfectly in the input menu as a Fanatec v2 and buttons are already preset.

But when you put it into ps3 mode, now that's a different story.

so i got a cronusmax without doing too much reading when i heard that it had native g27/g25 support

as a heads up that is ps4 only, on xb1 you still need to use x-aim and emulate a controller which completely blows and isnt even worth doing. hopefully they are able to do the same thing there, as i really only wanted this to use my g27 on forza

Hori's new wheel

0024qqkg.jpg

003v7qt0.jpg

004fcq25.jpg

http://www.4gamer.net/games/999/G999902/20160912011/

It's a PS4/3/PC wheel. Going by the price (it retails for around the equivalent of $136 in Japan) it's targeted more toward the DFGT quality range.

That's a big plastic piece of shit. xD

But if it's cheap and has a good FFB, it might be a good fit for a lot of people.

EDIT: saw the price, it's garbage.

So I see so much conflicting information. I'm going to invest in a decent wheel for the first time. I want to use it for PC (Forza, Dirt Rally, Project Cars).

What is the racing wheel that is agreed upon to be the best around here? I don't want to spend an absurd amount of money either.

edit: From what I can tell it's between the new Logitech or a Thrust master Italia or TX

Been pretty disconnected with everything..... is there anyway I can use my DFGT with Forza Horizon 3 on Xbox One and PC wifh FFB? through an adapter or something, or am I dreaming?

paskowitz

So I see so much conflicting information. I'm going to invest in a decent wheel for the first time. I want to use it for PC (Forza, Dirt Rally, Project Cars).

What is the racing wheel that is agreed upon to be the best around here? I don't want to spend an absurd amount of money either.

edit: From what I can tell it's between the new Logitech or a Thrust master Italia or TX

I would go with Thrustmaster since they have an ecosystem of products and accessories. Logitech is pretty much what you see is what you get. If you have the money Fanatec is the best option overall.

paskowitz

Just a small request, anyone here getting Forza Horizon 3 PC and has a Fanatec CSW, could you check if the wheel works in PS3/G25 mode? Thanks!

Azzawon

My Thrustmaster TX servo died on me around the launch of F1 2016 where it turned off all of a sudden and would not connect to anything regardless of bootloading etc. Sent it off to Thrustmaster for repairs and received it back today only to find it still has the same problem. It looks to me as if they haven't even tried to fix it.

Has anyone else had something like this before with Thrustmaster? I'm pissed, now I'm gonna have to play Horizon 3 with a pad while I wait for their incompetent repair team to 'fix' my wheelbase again.

My Thrustmaster TX servo died on me around the launch of F1 2016 where it turned off all of a sudden and would not connect to anything regardless of bootloading etc. Sent it off to Thrustmaster for repairs and received it back today only to find it still has the same problem. It looks to me as if they haven't even tried to fix it.

Has anyone else had something like this before with Thrustmaster? I'm pissed, now I'm gonna have to play Horizon 3 with a pad while I wait for their incompetent repair team to 'fix' my wheelbase again.

Sorry to hear that, how frustrating.

Had really good experience with Thrustmaster support (even if it had to go back to France), I got a brand new white box TX base returned. Tbh TM, Fanatec and Logitech's service were impressive when I've had to use them.

frontieruk

Code:
Thrustmaster T300RS
Thrustmaster T150

Code:
Manufacturer	Model
                                G27
                                G29
                                G920
Thrustmaster	T300RS
                                T500RS
                                RGT Force Feedback
                                T150
                                TX
                                TMX
Fanatec          	CSR

Did we get a final word on G27 compatibility with the Forza titles on PC?

same for horizon ATM.

Azzawon

Sorry to hear that, how frustrating.

Had really good experience with Thrustmaster support (even if it had to go back to France), I got a brand new white box TX base returned. Tbh TM, Fanatec and Logitech's service were impressive when I've had to use them.

I've had an email back from customer support today and it appears my servo is a brand new one so I'll give them credit for that. I can barely tell the difference (the downside to looking after my stuff a little bit too well) but after this response I thought "hey, what the hell" and plugged it in again for another try. To my amazement, the wheel lit up and turned on straight away, and so far everything seems to be working fine (touch wood). No idea what is going on, ha!

paskowitz

One thing I noticed when I tested a TM T500RS was that it did not like hot ambient temperatures and long play sessions. I have heard this with other TM wheels as well. Fanetec CSW V1 (not V2) had this even worse (mine died 7 times... lol). These wheels can get pretty toasty.

s-bojan

Banned
I am so close to ordering Thrustmaster 300 Alcantara edition (or whatever it is called).
Is there anything noticeably better coming out in coming months, or should I just buy it?

I am so close to ordering Thrustmaster 300 Alcantara edition (or whatever it is called).
Is there anything noticeably better coming out in coming months, or should I just buy it?

I'm about to jump on the 300RS as well, definitely seems like the best option before things get very expensive.

I was tempted to settle for a T150 though, anyone got thoughts on the comparison?

Just need to see if DriveClubVR makes me ill first.

Just a piece of unprovoked advice: steer clear of Fanatec products. I initially ignored many others' skepticism of their wheels, but shortly after the 1 year warranty(which was reduced from 24 months not too long ago...), my belt shafts have gone bonkers with no repair available. I'm currently in talks with Fanatec to get my repaired but the gist of what they are telling me is "it's an inherent defect in the wheel, the repair is more expensive then a new wheel, go pound sand".

paskowitz

Just a piece of unprovoked advice: steer clear of Fanatec products. I initially ignored many others' skepticism of their wheels, but shortly after the 1 year warranty(which was reduced from 24 months not too long ago...), my belt shafts have gone bonkers with no repair available. I'm currently in talks with Fanatec to get my repaired but the gist of what they are telling me is "it's an inherent defect in the wheel, the repair is more expensive then a new wheel, go pound sand".

CSW v2 I am assuming? My CSW v1 was a nightmare (7 repairs in 2 years), but my v2 has been going strong since day 1 (whenever it was released 3+ years ago). I would caution "broad stroke" advice. It could certainly be better, but the v2 is relatively reliable (going off of the iRacing forums and GTPlanet which are the biggest sample of users). With that said, Fanatec customer service can be a PIA.

Thrustmaster has their own set of problems... so pretty much the only "safe" choice is a Logitech... which has always been the case. I would check out the CSW modders thread on GTPlanet. Many members there are experienced in CSW repair and modification. They may be able to help get up and running again.

AmyS

I have some extra money to spend on a Thrustmaster setup, love my Logitech G27 for PS3, but now I want the T300RS for PS4. However I've noticed that, since July/August, prices are back up to nearly full price ($399) at Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, Frys and GameStop, with only a small discount on Amazon & Walmart. Whereas, this past spring T300s were $299 everywhere and Frys had a significant discount on even that price.

Has anyone else been watching prices and notice this?

So yeah I could buy a T300 now, but would feel stupid for paying full price or close to it.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I'm about to jump on the 300RS as well, definitely seems like the best option before things get very expensive.

I was tempted to settle for a T150 though, anyone got thoughts on the comparison?

Just need to see if DriveClubVR makes me ill first.

I bought a T150 before deciding to return it and splurge for the 300rs earlier this year. The T150 is a fine starter wheel that doesn't quite hit the wallet as much, and really its near identical in terms of underlying mechanics to the 300rs, but the major difference between the two certainly lies in the build quality of its parts. The T150 wheel is mostly hollow plastic with slight rubberized grips and the pedals are also made of very light plastic materials with very little resistance on push(you can freely upgrade these though at any time given Thrustmaster's swappable eco-system in this line).

The 300 feels far more rugged. The wheel is steel with a nice rubber grip surrounding the entire rim. The 300rs pedals are not as good as the optional Pro pedals, but still more sufficient than the T150 at providing more braking resistance(easily moddable too if you want more without upgrading them).

It's kind of night and day the difference in feel between using the two, but it is a premium cost to get the benefits of the 300rs. I am very happy with the upgrade myself, but the T150 still comes recommended for those not willing to splurge as the lesser quality parts aren't really detrimental to the game experience, especially if you plan to casually enjoy some driving games you will walk away very impressed. If you can afford the price difference though, the 300rs is the way to go.

I have some extra money to spend on a Thrustmaster setup, love my Logitech G27 for PS3, but now I want the T300RS for PS4. However I've noticed that, since July/August, prices are back up to nearly full price ($399) at Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, Frys and GameStop, with only a small discount on Amazon & Walmart. Whereas, this past spring T300s were $299 everywhere and Frys had a significant discount on even that price.

Has anyone else been watching prices and notice this?

So yeah I could buy a T300 now, but would feel stupid for paying full price or close to it.

Yea I took advantage of the Fry's deep discount on the Thrust-master 300rs earlier this year. I expect the price will fall again closer to the holidays if you can wait, but I feel for anyone that missed out on the discount period(that seemed to last long enough that I assume it wouldn't go back up).

AmyS

Yea I took advantage of the Fry's deep discount on the Thrust-master 300rs earlier this year. I expect the price will fall again closer to the holidays if you can wait, but I feel for anyone that missed out on the discount period(that seemed to last long enough that I assume it wouldn't go back up).

Yeah, I'll be watching carefully. Nobody should have to pay $400 for something that was deeply discounted by $100 ~ $180, and will likely be again in Nov-Dec.

ss_lemonade

There's a used t500 here at Frys for about $250. Is that a good price for a used wheel of this kind? The only wheel we have is the driving force gt and I don't think that'll ever be compatible with the ps4/xbone (or even windows 10 games like forza)

I've been clamping the TX wheel to my desk and it's a bit rubbish to be honest, have to be gentle or the wheel starts to move all over the place.

The only real solution is to buy a wheel stand for myself sometime around Christmas, not sure which one to go for though. Wheel Stand Pro or the GT Omega?

I bought a T150 before deciding to return it and splurge for the 300rs earlier this year. The T150 is a fine starter wheel that doesn't quite hit the wallet as much, and really its near identical in terms of underlying mechanics to the 300rs, but the major difference between the two certainly lies in the build quality of its parts. The T150 wheel is mostly hollow plastic with slight rubberized grips and the pedals are also made of very light plastic materials with very little resistance on push(you can freely upgrade these though at any time given Thrustmaster's swappable eco-system in this line).

The 300 feels far more rugged. The wheel is steel with a nice rubber grip surrounding the entire rim. The 300rs pedals are not as good as the optional Pro pedals, but still more sufficient than the T150 at providing more braking resistance(easily moddable too if you want more without upgrading them).

It's kind of night and day the difference in feel between using the two, but it is a premium cost to get the benefits of the 300rs. I am very happy with the upgrade myself, but the T150 still comes recommended for those not willing to splurge as the lesser quality parts aren't really detrimental to the game experience, especially if you plan to casually enjoy some driving games you will walk away very impressed. If you can afford the price difference though, the 300rs is the way to go.

I own a T150 and pretty much agree with the build assessment in this post.

Most important thing to remember about the T150 is while there are material compromises, the FFB tech is still very very good.

Inside Sim review.

https://youtu.be/MJoZyCWUhDs

AmyS

I own a T150 and pretty much agree with the build assessment in this post.

Most important thing to remember about the T150 is while there are material compromises, the FFB tech is still very very good.

Inside Sim review.

https://youtu.be/MJoZyCWUhDs

I never considered the T150 and won't. It was really down to T300 vs the older T500 with even stronger FFB.
I'm going to wait for a good deal on the T300, unless Thrustmaster has a direct successor to the T500 in the pipeline, which there is no indication of, AFAIK.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Finally upgraded from the shitty stock pedals that came with the T300RS to the T3PA Pros. I really like them, though the accelerator pedal could have more tension. The brake is great though.

I've opted for the spring mod vs. the conical rubber mod for it so far. I like that I can get more tension through more of the pedal push, whereas with the conical mod it's really just more at the very end of the push for me--I can't put it too close and having to stomp on it isn't fun for me, and doesn't work great with a wheel stand pro on carpet. It's stable set up, but not for having to absolutely stomp on the pedals.

I did have a bit of an ordeal with getting and setting up the pedals though. First Microcenter I did an online order pick up from turned out they'd gotten ripped off and someone had bought the pro pedals, and returned the shitty stock pedals in the box and no one in the store checked before putting it back in inventory. So I had to drive like a 90 minute round trip to the other Microcenter in my metro area as the first one didn't have any other stock.

Then after spending a while figuring out mounting them to the wheel stand pro and how the brake mods worked and which I liked best etc., I bricked the wheel doing a firmware update I saw was available when calibrating the pedals in the Thrurstmaster control panel. I'm guessing it was from doing it with the wheel hooked up with a usb extension cable. So I panicked over that for a while, but found the instructions on how to do the bootloader thing to wipe it and do a clean firmware install and that fixed it. :D

In any case, all set now, played a little more FH3 on PC last night after getting that sorted, and looking forward to putting the new pedals through the paces more starting this evening.

I never considered the T150 and won't. It was really down to T300 vs the older T500 with even stronger FFB.
I'm going to wait for a good deal on the T300, unless Thrustmaster has a direct successor to the T500 in the pipeline, which there is no indication of, AFAIK.

As much as I love my T300, if I were on the market now I'd probably just look for a sale on a T500. The stock pedals that come with the T300 are terrible, and the T500 comes with the T3PA pro pedals. Going by MSRP in the US you're looking at $550 for a T300 plus the T3PA Pro pedals seperately, so I'd just keep an eye out for the T500 around that price--or close enough that you don't mind paying more ($569.99 on Amazon currently) to get the pedals as a wheel base with a bit stronger FFB.

There's a used t500 here at Frys for about $250. Is that a good price for a used wheel of this kind? The only wheel we have is the driving force gt and I don't think that'll ever be compatible with the ps4/xbone (or even windows 10 games like forza)

Very good deal I'd think, as long as it's in good shape and a decent warranty as you don't want to get a lemon. Not sure what Fry's warranty is on used hardware.

For comparison, a new T500 on Amazon is $569.99.

As much as I love my T300, if I were on the market now I'd probably just look for a sale on a T500. The stock pedals that come with the T300 are terrible, and the T500 comes with the T3PA pro pedals. Going by MSRP in the US you're looking at $550 for a T300 plus the T3PA Pro pedals seperately, so I'd just keep an eye out for the T500 around that price--or close enough that you don't mind paying more ($569.99 on Amazon currently) to get the pedals as a wheel base with a bit stronger FFB.

Have you tried a game from this-gen with the T500? I own a T500 and a TX(that is basically a T300RS with some minor disadvantages) and I prefer TX in 80-90% of the games and cars out there. The big difference is the ease of motion of the TX; the resistance you feel turning the TX is pretty much always coming from forces in the game and never from inefficiencies of the wheel mechanism. The T500 - even without any forces applied - not easy to turn (read: you can do stretching with your pinkie, it's that stiff), and that's annoying in ...actually in almost any not-GT-like car. Another example: You know the calibration movement of your T300 and how it overshoots the center-target and then swinging a little left and right around it until it stops moving? That wouldn't happen with the T500; as soon as the back-to-center force isn't applied anymore, the thing stops moving from it's sluggishness (it doesn't need a countering stopping force).

That being said, I agree on the pedals, but the T3PA ones aren't great either, clutch and throttle are the same mechanism and both too loose, the brake doesn't have options for stiffness outside of the spring-mod. I wish Thrustmaster would have some "premium" pedals with actual load cell mechanism available... I've considered buying Fanatec + CPX, but it would feel stupid to race with pedals that are double the price of what I paid for my TX originally (and I dislike the idea of using an adapter).

Top Bottom