• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
He certainly made a mess. He was given way too much power, and created a terrible culture throughout the whole org. Elway has a lot of power, but delegates it out and is more open. Things have changed considerably, and are back on track now.
I have two good friends who are Broncos fans and that was a very rough period of their lives. McDbag really did a number on that organization but at least those days are behind you!

bionic77

Anyone actually psyched for a system that can't run Half Life 2 has to be a Packers or Niners fan.
The DS was really weak and yet still the best system by a big margin last gen.

Graphics reached a plateau on the PS2. I feel like I am just playing the same games at higher resolutions and obviously with some slick effects. I don't see that changing on the PS4. I really could care less about playing the exact same FPS with extra polys and in 4k. If you really want the best graphics you wouldn't be comparing consoles, you would be playing PC games and acting like you were better than everyone else.

bionic77

Nah. But I just don't get the appeal of playing the 10th version of Mario Kart and the 30th version of 2D Mario. Where are the interesting games?
You would rather play Call of Duty 15? lol

You don't like Nintendo games. Stop trying to justify it. We don't expect Pat fans to have good taste.

Godslay

Banned
I have two good friends who are Broncos fans and that was a very rough period of their lives. McDbag really did a number on that organization but at least those days are behind you!

It started off good with the wins, but it went down hill really fast. The roughest period for me was after the Superbowls. You ride so high for those two years, and then you know you won't be in contention (or I assumed they wouldn't once Elway left). It was just a weird period where things where so different than I was used to the entire time I watched the Broncos. I had never really known a different QB since Elway was drafted before I was born.

ari

Banned
Console wars with joke characters like ari and dragon on a game day?

Terrible.

speaking of jokes.

aaron_rodgers_tmz.png

I was most impressed at the PS2 when I first saw it.Going from PS1/N64 to that was huge for me.

The first time I played on my PS3 I played Gran Turismo 3, it blew me away how beautiful it was. Seeeing the sun shine through the trees and reflecting off the cars in that game for the first time was so amazing.

It started off good with the wins, but it went down hill really fast. The roughest period for me was after the Superbowls. You ride so high for those two years, and then you know you won't be in contention (or I assumed they wouldn't once Elway left). It was just a weird period where things where so different than I was used to the entire time I watched the Broncos. I had never really known a different QB since Elway was drafted before I was born.
I know what you mean, man. I was pretty young when Marino retired but I still remember how much it sucked knowing that he would never win a SB and that the Dolphins wouldn't be as good without him. It didn't really hit me that they weren't a contender anymore until Ricky Williams "retired" though... That's when things got really ugly.

cdyhybrid

What a joke that Golden Tate got fined. To borrow a word from our resident poet, jakncoke, the league office is run by a bunch of chochas. Keep your head on a swivel, Sean Lee.

eznark

Banned
If we erase from memory all the pre-Harbaugh stuff, then Alex is a good QB. Right now, just two games, he's playing at an elite level

218 yards and 2 TD's per game against two of the worst defenses in football

elite

If we erase all the times BaltimoreLarry's wife "cheated" on him she was a fantastic spouse.

Godslay

Banned
I know what you mean, man. I was pretty young when Marino retired but I still remember how much it sucked knowing that he would never win a SB and that the Dolphins wouldn't be as good without him. It didn't really hit me that they weren't a contender anymore until Ricky Williams "retired" though... That's when things got really ugly.

Good thing about the lows is, it's easy and nice to see incremental progression. It also makes you appreciate other players if you don't have a bona fide star leading the team. When you get a star, or make a good run it's pretty exciting coming from the bottom.

Fantomex

Those feels bro, those feels.

squicken

Two games brah.

Fuck it, give Alex Smith his MVP trophy.

More like RG3. QBR is a hyper-advanced metric created b/c traditional stats don't account for "action plays" made by running QBs. RG3 doing from the pocket and with his feet. But Alex is still elite after 2 games for sure

ari

Banned
I remember when rex grossman was up there in the 06 season. Those highs you niner fans have must be great. ahhh, memories.

Anyone catch the Tom Coughlin SoundFX special? I missed it last night but apparently there's a clip of Coughlin from 2010 speaking into his headset saying ""He stinks! He might be the worst player in the history of football"

Apparently referring to the Matt Dodge in the Eagles game. :jnc (no direct confirmation on that but its the current speculation).

There's also a clip of him ripping into Ramses Barden telling him can't block for shit. I must see this!:D

Dragon

Banned
just like all the diablo clones and me-too FPSs? PC is the worst in the regards you are talking about.

Yeah it doesn't have any indie games at all...

You would rather play Call of Duty 15? lol

You don't like Nintendo games. Stop trying to justify it. We don't expect Pat fans to have good taste.

You guys and your false dichotomies. I like Zelda games as far as Nintendo IPs and the past Zeldas since Wind Waker have been putrid.

So you use inferior technology but want to dis inferior technology...

In all seriousness I don't diss WiiU for inferior technology, I diss it for Nintendo not having the sack for actually making new IPs. Say what you want about Sony and how much they suck at certain things, but creating new IPs aren't one of them. Nintendo is boring, like Apple is now. Resting on their laurels and failing to do really anything for me despite being extremely popular and successful.

Nice article on the Carolina offense from grantland.com:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...-the-diversity-of-carolinas-zone-read-package

Against the Saints, Panthers offensive coordinator Rod Chudzinski took Cam's old inverted veer one step further by running an outside run coupled with a read of an interior defender — a “sweep read.” Carolina ran this play several times against the Saints, but the best example came in the third quarter and resulted in DeAngelo Williams bursting around the left end for a 27-yard gain.

grant_e_cam11_576.jpg

On the play, Williams runs laterally to the left while Newton puts the ball in his stomach and makes a read. The key to this play is whom Newton is reading. Unlike the typical zone read or the inverted veer, here Newton is reading an interior defensive tackle instead of an edge defender like a defensive end.

Karish

Hey guys.

I made a Fantasy Football website. I'm a pretty active member on NeoGAF so I hope this come off as less spam and more just me trying to share something I've worked really hard on. I hope you guys like it. Please please give me feed back.

The idea behind the site is to be the Reddit of Fantasy Sports in a sense. A lightweight, nimble site where you can get quick and thoughtful insight into the various fantasy football moves you might make or debate about.

www.CrowdGM.com

557413_10101925568217673_170366421_n.jpg

Hey guys.

I made a Fantasy Football website. I'm a pretty active member on NeoGAF so I hope this come off as less spam and more just me trying to share something I've worked really hard on. I hope you guys like it. Please please give me feed back.

The idea behind the site is to be the Reddit of Fantasy Sports in a sense. A lightweight, nimble site where you can get quick and thoughtful insight into the various fantasy football moves you might make or debate about.

www.CrowdGM.com

557413_10101925568217673_170366421_n.jpg

PM Eznark. He would be a great moderator.

Karish

It wasn't spammy when you posted it the first time but if you keep doing it.......not real thrilled

I removed my original post because it was at the bottom of the page. Didn't intend to double post, just wanted to give it better attention. Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom