• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/66097/Trubisky-draws-an-Aaron-Rodgers-comparison

ESPN's Todd McShay spoke with one personnel director who compared UNC QB Mitchell Trubisky to Aaron Rodgers coming out of Cal.

Yep. That happened.

"The similarities: The quick release, the arm talent and the ability stay in balance while moving his feet," McShay writes, adding time went into Rodgers' development.

First round quarterbacks aren't afforded that type of time anymore, but teams with established quarterbacks could be on the lookout in the first round in the hopes of planning for the future. Trubisky could be the first or the fourth quarterback off the board.

Kiper's latest mock is up: http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/i...el-kiper-2017-nfl-mock-draft-30-round-1-picks

1. Cleveland - Myles Garrett, DE
2. San Fran - Solomon Thomas, DL
3. Chicago - Jamal Adams, S
4. Jacksonville - Jonathan Allen, DL
5. Tennessee - Marshon Lattimore, CB
6. NY Jets - O.J. Howard, TE
7. LA Chargers - Malik Hooker, S
8. Carolina - Leonard Fournette, RB
9. Cincinnati - Takkarist McKinley, OLB
10. Buffalo - Mike Williams, WR
11. New Orleans - Haason Reddick, LB
12. Cleveland - Mitchell Trubisky, QB
13. Arizona - Deshaun Watson, QB
14. Philadelphia - Gareon Conley, CB
15. Indianapolis - Reuben Foster, ILB
16. Baltimore - Ryan Ramczyk, OT
17. Washington - Christian McCaffrey, RB
18. Tennessee - John Ross, WR
19. Tampa Bay - Corey Davis, WR
20. Denver - David Njoku, TE
21. Detroit - Charles Harris, DE
22. Miami - Forrest Lamp, OG
23. NY Giants - Derek Barnett, DE
24. Oakland - Tre'Davious White, CB
25. Houston - Cam Robinson, OT
26. Seattle - Kevin King, CB
27. Kansas City - Zay Jones, WR
28. Dallas - Jabrill Peppers, S
29. Green Bay - Dalvin Cook, RB
30. Pittsburgh - Tyus Bowser, OLB
31. Atlanta - Taco Charlton, DE
32. New Orleans - Marlon Humphrey, CB

Honestly want McCaffrey or Ross.

That would SUCK if they both go right in front of us...

Actually. Give me Corey Davis.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Supposedly the story is that They couldnt decide who to take there, Andy or howie, and that Howard Mudd stood up and banged on the table and said that they had to take the fireman and that is why they took him. Basically neither guy in charge wanted to accept the responsibility for that pick.

Weird!

A doctor on ESPN said that Cam could be facing potentially 6 months recovery time.

Looks like another wasted season ahead! Good looks on the Panthers on telling me that I don't have to waste my time watching it ahead of time this year!

Bread

Banned
If the Falcons put Schaub in for the 2nd half they win for sure. Shanny would have had to run the ball then.
12841400.png

effzee

If we keep Alshon then Davis doesn't make sense. Ross could push to replace Smith instantly.

Of course it all depends on what the doctors think though.

Or think of it this way. If Alshon returns to form and has a monster season, the Eagles might not be able to afford him. Would good to have Davis or Ross for a year to groom behind Alshon and Torey so if Alshon leaves, they would still have some quality starters if not at least 1 great WR.

Almost every mock draft has us taking a CB at 14 and oddly I see different names at CB for each mock. Don't know enough about college football but are these guys all equally good 1st round CBs or could they slip into the 2nd?

I want an absolutely game changer at 14. Be it WR, TE, DE, LB, or CB. The Eagles have glaring holes at those positions, not to mention DT now that Logan left.

Hindl

Or think of it this way. If Alshon returns to form and has a monster season, the Eagles might not be able to afford him. Would good to have Davis or Ross for a year to groom behind Alshon and Torey so if Alshon leaves, they would still have some quality starters if not at least 1 great WR.

Almost every mock draft has us taking a CB at 14 and oddly I see different names at CB for each mock. Don't know enough about college football but are these guys all equally good 1st round CBs or could they slip into the 2nd?

I want an absolutely game changer at 14. Be it WR, TE, DE, LB, or CB. The Eagles have glaring holes at those positions, not to mention DT now that Logan left.

CB most likely won't be BPA at 14. This draft is really deep at CB, but there's only two players that would be worth it at 14, Lattimore and a healthy Sidney Jones. The next couple CBs are all first round talents, but 14 is too early for them. There's probably 4 CBs that could go in between 18 and 32, so someone will slip into round 2 as well. Plus, there will be starting caliber CBs available in even the 4th. In a worst case scenario for the Eagles, I wouldn't mind trading back a few spots to get a few extra picks if the offer is right. But they should be able to get someone good, especially if 2 QBs are off the board

Pretty sure I said the exact same thing last year. Then the Rams and Eagles went HAM.

Yeah desperate teams can talk themselves into anything. The lack of a true top QB almost makes it more likely that teams will trade up. No way were the Colts going to trade the top pick in Lucks year for anything.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I don't know. Goff was hyped all year, and by this time last year hadn't Wentz climbed the charts as well? I don't see that same kind of buzz for Watson and Mitchell.

Yeah Goff was already slotted in the top 5 by guys like kiper during the season.

The weak qb comments I feel like should be taking with a grain of salt. Because every year the same thing is said if the class dosent have that one certain guy. It was said last year, and the year before.

Also the next qb class always gets hyped around this time, but when the guys comes out it ends up being a weak class.

Remember last year during the national championship game? How many of you were saying Watson is the truth, tank for him next season, that class will be better!

Hindl

When's the mock?

The weak qb comments I feel like should be taking with a grain of salt. Because every year the same thing is said if the class dosent have that one certain guy. It was said last year, and the year before.

Also the next qb class always gets hyped around this time, but when the guys comes out it ends up being a weak class.

Remember last year during the national championship game? How many of you were saying Watson is the truth, tank for him next season, that class will be better!

Now it's all about that hot Lamar Jackson hype

People actually said that? I guess everyone was just caught up in the moment.

I still feel this QB class isn't that strong, and teams should wait to draft one (but I know that's not going to happen since a lot teams are starved for one).

I wouldn't be surprised if someone reaches for a guy like Tribusky or Watson early in the 1st, but in order for teams to trade huge hauls for a top 3 pick, like we've seen in the past, there usually has to be a fairly established, consensus "franchise" type guy available.

Top Bottom