• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the Rams are on TV tonight in LA the Raider game is being shown on tape delay at 10 PM local time. The hell.

Im not getting local coverage either. Something about them showing ir in Vegas so they're over the limit.

Luckily I have a good stream source tho.

jmdajr

Sorry brother.

Stories like Aguayo is why the NFL is the best sporting league in the world.

Absolutely delicious fuckery.
That's so weird how a kicker can be so good in college but terrible in the NFL. Is the NFL ball different then the college ball? Otherwise I don't see how kicking in college will be different than kicking in the NFL

Jarnet87

That's so weird how a kicker can be so good in college but terrible in the NFL. Is the NFL ball different then the college ball? Otherwise I don't see how kicking in college will be different than kicking in the NFL

I believe there is a small difference between the NCAA ball and the NFL ball. bigger difference would be the much narrower NFL hash marks compared to college. He may have been taking longer distance field goal attempts for the Bucs but then he was whiffing on extra points.

Fantasy Football Pick'ems and Survivor league Info:

Here are the links

Survivor
PW: neogaf

NFL Pick'Ems (Taco Bell League)
(Win $20 TB Gift Card)
Group ID: 9871 PW: neogaf

NFL Pick'Ems (Confidence Points)

Group ID: 9872 PW: neogaf

Taco Bell League:
Draft is set for Sept 2nd at 5pm if that's a bad time PM me and we'll try to work something out.

This is everyone signed up so far:
km2qb5E.jpg

I still have three members that need to renew, if you're not renewed by next week I'm opening up your spots, I have one person waiting so far.

68hIjmx.jpg

Its ok to laugh. The Jets have never traded up in the 2nd round to draft a kicker

Have they?

Didn't trade up specifically to get him, but the Jets traded out of the first round in the 2005 draft and used the second round pick they got from the trade to draft Mike Nugent lol. Trade was;

Jets get - Oakland 2nd round pick (#47), two 6ths, and TE Doug Jolley
Raiders get - New York 1st round pick (#26) and a 7th rounder

TO BE FAIR Nugent wasn't totally awful, and the Jets biggest need coming off that year was, literally, kicker. They missed out on making the 2004 AFCCG because Doug O'Brien missed a 43 and a 47 yard FG in the 4th quarter against the Steelers that would've sent the Jets to play the Pats that year. They wound up losing on the first drive in OT.

But also to be fair, between 26 and 47 Heath Miller, Logan Mankins, and Lofa Tatupu all got picked, and TE/Guard/LB were all pretty big needs for them. So it was still a fucking stupid pick :(

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Didn't trade up specifically to get him, but the Jets traded out of the first round in the 2005 draft and used the second round pick they got from the trade to draft Mike Nugent lol. Trade was;

Jets get - Oakland 2nd round pick (#47), two 6ths, and TE Doug Jolley
Raiders get - New York 1st round pick (#26) and a 7th rounder

TO BE FAIR Nugent wasn't totally awful, and the Jets biggest need coming off that year was, literally, kicker. They missed out on making the 2004 AFCCG because Doug O'Brien missed a 43 and a 47 yard FG in the 4th quarter against the Steelers that would've sent the Jets to play the Pats that year. They wound up losing on the first drive in OT.

But also to be fair, between 26 and 47 Heath Miller, Logan Mankins, and Lofa Tatupu all got picked, and TE/Guard/LB were all pretty big needs for them. So it was still a fucking stupid pick :(

I don't think theres even been a point in franchise history where TE wasn't actually a need. Shrug. Then again the Jets usually have a ton of needs every season.

Fox318

It really is amazing how Trump exploited and broke the nation with that election.

The gas was always there to ignite and he used a flamethrower to get elected.

It really is amazing how Trump exploited and broke the nation with that election.

The gas was always there to ignite and he used a flamethrower to get elected.
I don't think he broke the nation, just the media.

Whether the nation will break as a result is the next question. I suspect not, but we're going to get some nasty violence at the current rate things are going.

I don't think theres even been a point in franchise history where TE wasn't actually a need. Shrug. Then again the Jets usually have a ton of needs every season.
Honestly, since 2000 at least, the problem's always been QB play. There's always a couple needs here and there just like every team, but it's not like we're going into every season with this 2017 roster. I mean every losing record season had a joke of a QB or an injury;

2003 6-10, Pennington got hurt
2005 4-12, Pennington got hurt
2007 4-12, Pennington got hurt

2008 missed the playoffs, but got off to an 8-3 start and fell apart. Favre played the worst football of his career those last 5 games that year.
2011 missed the playoffs, but got off to an 8-5 start. Sanchez was QB.

2012 6-10, this was the year Sanchez was supposed to break out and carry us, the reverse happened. We had tebow on the roster. Revis and Santonio Holmes wound up on IR. Sanchez was putting up stat lines like 82 and 111 total yards. Horrible QB play in general.

2013 8-8, Geno and Sanchez were our QBs...
2014 4-12, Geno was our QB

2015 10-6, would've made the playoffs if Fitz didn't fall apart in week 17
2016 5-11, I think we changed starting QBs like 76 times last year lol

QB just means too much to a team, and we've never had consistent production from one. The only years with so much as mediocre QB play with no playoffs were 2008 and 2015. And even then, in 08 Favre threw 2 TDs to 11 picks in the last 5 games, and Fitz three 3 picks in a 22-17 game against the Bills with playoffs on the line. It's just really hard to make up for awful QB play in the league tbh.

If Noodle Arm never got hurt everything could've been different :(

Oh Floyd, I never shared my team, did I?

12 man full pt PPR team.

QB: Dak Prescott
RB: DeMarco Murray
RB: Ty Montgomery
WR: Odell Beckham
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
WR: Pierre Garcon
TE: Travis Kelce
W/R/T: Kyle Rudolph
W/R/T: Jordan Matthews
K: Brandon McManus
Def: Minnesota Vikings

Benchies
------------
QB Carson Wentz
RB Kareem Hunt
RB C.J. Prosise
WR Sammy Watkins
WR Kenny Stills
RB Tevin Coleman

Oh Floyd, I never shared my team, did I?

12 man full pt PPR team.

QB: Dak Prescott
RB: DeMarco Murray
RB: Ty Montgomery
WR: Odell Beckham
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
WR: Pierre Garcon
TE: Travis Kelce
W/R/T: Kyle Rudolph
W/R/T: Jordan Matthews
K: Brandon McManus
Def: Minnesota Vikings

Benchies
------------
QB Carson Wentz
RB Kareem Hunt
RB C.J. Prosise
WR Sammy Watkins
WR Kenny Stills
RB Tevin Coleman
Not bad overall, I'm surprised not to see Derrick Henry? Someone beat you to him? Although Dak's value has dropped since Zeke's suspension and I don't know if he can lead the team to victory without ball control and not fucking up.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Taco Bell League:
Draft is set for Sept 2nd at 5pm if that's a bad time PM me and we'll try to work something out.

This is everyone signed up so far:
km2qb5E.jpg

I still have three members that need to renew, if you're not renewed by next week I'm opening up your spots, I have one person waiting so far.

68hIjmx.jpg
9ytcHea.jpg

My quest to repeat begins.....

giphy.gif

Speaking of.. Dutch.. are we doing Shirtless this year or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom