• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 2 |OT| The Dawn of a New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

Giants just have one gigantic huge leak right now, that they might have a solution in the roster for (Juan Jerry).

The problem for the Giants is that Dallas is not Philadelphia.
Yeah the Giants D is really good and I'm sure Wentz will struggle, but I'm worried Eli might actually die when the Eagles DL goes against the Giants. And the NFC East plays the Chiefs, Broncos, and Seahawks this year too
I was too old to watch the second MNF game, are the Broncos good? Do they look better than the Cowboys?
Semen looked good and the D is still good but they almost gave the game away. Also their run D is their weakness so as long as the Cowboys just give Zeke the ball they should win

giphy.gif

Pepiope

That apple thread is pretty funny with people criticizing those who want to buy the 8 over the X because of them outdated bezels.

Bread

Banned
Hearing rumblings that there's a rumor circulating about something that may or may not have occurred this weekend, stay tuned.

DMVfan123

Banned
If the Skins don't win in LA this week I might as well start looking at Josh Rosen tape because we are NOT beating the Raiders and Chiefs in primetime, and the Redskins do not have the fortitude to rally from a 0-4 start

Gobias

Banned
If the Skins don't win in LA this week I might as well start looking at Josh Rosen tape because we are NOT beating the Raiders and Chiefs in primetime, and the Redskins do not have the fortitude to rally from a 0-4 start

They would have to compete with the current leaders of the tank brigade, the Jets and Colts

I was too old to watch the second MNF game, are the Broncos good? Do they look better than the Cowboys?
They're good but going conservative in the end is what brought the Chargers back from the brink of death. They need to play a full 60 minutes against the Cowboys.

Cowboys have a bunch of weapons with Zeke, Dez, and Old Reliable leading the charge.

Giants just have one gigantic huge leak right now, that they might have a solution in the roster for (Juan Jerry).

The problem for the Giants is that Dallas is not Philadelphia.

I think you're being far too kind to Bobby Hart who struggled mightily in that game as well. I'm not anywhere near convinced that he's the answer at RT. The entire right side of the line will continue to be an issue all year long. That's to say nothing about the question mark surrounding Flowers. He's far from being settled at LT. If he's not the answer - we're in big trouble for years to come as Eli's career continues to wind down and any real window closes.

According to all of the hot takes in here though, it doesn't really matter anyway. The defense can win us another championship all by themselves like they did in '07 and '11.;). I mean, Eli didn't really do anything to bring those trophies home so who cares?

Doomsayer

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--uPWxRrAB--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/m90edkgfe9nu7kn3tvg8.jpg[img]

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJZRldwVoAAsYsx.jpg:small[img]

[url]http://deadspin.com/the-49ers-stadium-is-as-empty-as-it-deserves-to-be-1803139723[/url][/QUOTE]

Absolutely 100% deserved. This franchise is a laughing stock and Jed York deserves to be dragged through the mud for it. He has set us back so far by being a dumb fucking child its disgusting.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Stafford is the Wii U version of next gen.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=248617448&postcount=9005

This analogy could work in the sense that like the Wii U, Stafford launched (was drafted) in a weird time. Stafford didn't come from the 2004ish QB era of Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers or Ben Roethlisberger (Xbox 360, Wii and PS3). He also did not launch (drafted) in the era of next gen consoles (or Quarterbacks) like Derek Carr, Marcus Marriota or Jared Goff (PS4, Xbox One, Switch).

Stafford was drafted in the weird era where obscene contracts went to rookie QBs like Sam Bradford (PSP Vita).

Where you analogy falls apart, my dear friend Tamanon, is in the implication (or how I perceived it) that Matthew Stafford is a failure. As most Detroit Lions fans know, Matthew Stafford has been a baller since he was drafted. It was the Browns-Lions game of 2009 (Matthew Stafford rookie year) where we saw that this guy is the real deal.

Now if you're implying that Matthew Stafford is underrated like the Wii U, then yes, I agree.

There's too much shit to do in SF or LA than to waste time/money sitting around in hot ass weather watching crappy football games. If the teams are good, the stadiums will fill, which is how it should be. Not sure why tens of thousands of fans week after week rewarding owners for building billion dollar tax money to erect giant new stadiums and fill them with crap teams is somehow the sign of a "good fanbase" to anyone except the owners who are laughing at these rubes all the way to the bank.

That's especially sad since the 49ers used to be such a huge franchise.

Even taking the awful on field product out of the equation, they made a ton of mistakes with that stadium. The traffic is an absolute joke, and half the stadium (the side shown) feels like you are sitting on the sun.

Even taking the awful on field product out of the equation, they made a ton of mistakes with that stadium. The traffic is an absolute joke, and half the stadium (the side shown) feels like you are sitting on the sun.

Yeah I've heard some Niner fan friends say they hate it. It's way out of the way now for a lot of fans (I went to that area during CA Extreme this year, there is fuck all to do) and has them pining for Candlestick, which from what I've heard was a dump so that's saying a lot.

Gigglepoo

I live a half hour from Levi Stadium and you'd have to pay me to go to a game. Even when they were great. I haven't gone to a Niners game since I moved out here a decade ago. Football is just way better at home on a big screen. I think it's weirder that anyone shows up. It's hot, expensive, a pain in the butt to get to, and you're stuck watching one game.

Dishwalla

Banned
I always thought it was a dumb idea to build the stadium right next to Great America. Can't imagine the traffic for either the stadium or the theme park, bet its a nightmare.

This is a result of following like a million Giants-related Twitter accounts but I must have read every take under the sun about their shit-tastic debut between yesterday and today. Watching some of the coach's film gifs posted Bobby Hart was fucking embarrassing even though I was giving John Jerry so much shit in the thread (but he deserved it too). But it's also telling where some Eli's reads were for most of the game and how little he trusts that line and generally shook he still is. But some coaching and personnel choices aren't helping him either.

Fans generally overreacting and looking over the bridge week 1 isn't new but I can't blame some people given the offense is picking up where it left off last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom