• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 2 |OT| The Dawn of a New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

Damn. Sturgis tore his hip flexor on the opening kickoff and still went on to make a 42 and 50 yard FG in the game on Sunday (although he did miss an extra point).

Les Bowen
@LesBowen
Caleb Sturgis confirms he tore hip flexor on opening kickoff. Made 42, 50 yard FGs - less violent motion. Got worse with more kickoffs.

Doomsayer

Remember when Ray Lewis killed a guy and then said Kaepernick couldn't get a job because of a picture his girlfriend tweeted?

Remember when Michael Vick literally went to prison but got a starting job again and said Colin Kaeprernick isn't signed because of his hair?

robparkerjpg-0f48b3388ec3131f.jpg

Seriously though, fuck Ray Lewis. I don't watch the MNF countdown because of him.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Jayson Braddock‏Verified account @JaysonBraddock

Texans announce that Brian Cushing has been suspended for 10 games for PEDs.
2:23 PM - 13 Sep 2017

I'm finally going to be back in Baltimore while the Ravens are playing. I've been going to a different away game every year for the last eight years, but whenever I've been home visiting, it was the wrong time of year, or they were playing away.

My last home Ravens game was Ravens v Steelers and Tommy Maddox was the Steelers' QB, so it's been a while. I'll be checking out the fantastic Ravens D smash the Dolphins on thursday night football in October.

Then I'm off to Pittsburgh in December to watch the Ravens play the Steelers, and to wipe my shoes on Bionic's rug.

cdyhybrid

What happens first: the Hawks field a competent OL or Bevell figures out how to use Jimmy Graham?

Neither, trick question - it's the heat death of the universe

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
not surprised at all about Cush. More surprised that the texans have kept him for so long.

does anyone really care about PEDs in football anyway?

And before you get all herp derp your only saying that because it was one of your teams players. You can go back in my post history and find where i've said players should be allowed to use HGH under medical supervision.

cdyhybrid

not surprised at all about Cush. More surprised that the texans have kept him for so long.

does anyone really care about PEDs in football anyway?

And before you get all herp derp your only saying that because it was one of your teams players. You can go back in my post history and find where i've said players should be allowed to use HGH under medical supervision.
No, no one cares. Probably 90% of the league is doing it and only the dumb ones get caught.

Mashing

Didn't they draft a LB this year? If he's slower than Cushing, damn.

Zach Cunningham. He had the highest PFF rating on the team week 1. Zach Cunningham will be a player in my opinion (and he is pretty speedy from what I understand). Oddly enough PFF ratings almost never correspond to what you see or hear from the player on TV or in person. I don't recall his name being mentioned over the PA after a play at all last Sunday. But I could be mistaken.

MechDX

Jayson Braddock‏Verified account @JaysonBraddock

Texans announce that Brian Cushing has been suspended for 10 games for PEDs.
2:23 PM - 13 Sep 2017

Meh. No cap hit at all tp cut him next year. Cunninghan drafted in 2nd round this year as his replacement

Season is going to hell this year anyway

this_guy

Cushing hasn't done anything much the past 2 or 3 years. He should have already been replaced but somehow the backup linebackers we have are worse.

MechDX

Cushing hasn't done anything much the past 2 or 3 years. He should have already been replaced but somehow the backup linebackers we have are worse.

What? Cunningham drafted in the 2nd this year was a probable 1st rounder. Dylan Cole signed as an UDFA was considered by Zierlein and Matt Miller to be a 3-6 th round pick but was passsed on because he went to Missouri St and didnt get a combine invite.

this_guy

What? Cunningham drafted in the 2nd this year was a probable 1st rounder. Dylan Cole signed as an UDFA was considered by Zierlein and Matt Miller to be a 3-6 th round pick but was passsed on because he went to Missouri St and didnt get a combine invite.

I haven't seen any of them make plays, but at least those rookies sound hopeful. Cushing has always been slow so I hope those rookies have speed so they can cover guys out of the backfield.

MechDX

I haven't seen any of them make plays, but at least those rookies sound hopeful. Cushing has always been slow so I hope those rookies have speed so they can cover guys out of the backfield.

Cunningham is going to make rookie mistakes but the man can cover RBs out of the backfield. Him and McKinney with be a great ILB duo the next 3-5 years

Cole has a nice mean streak and can stuff lines in the hole with the best of them

Cushing was likely gone next year anyway. Like I already mentioned they can cut him with zero penalty and frew up 10 million more in cap space taking them to 50 million next off season

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJozko8XoAAV8ut.j/IMG][/QUOTE]
Pretty cool, didn't even realize a direct was going on. I'll check it out

Edit: the real news is that phantasy star, NA will never see it though -_-

Edit 2: new bundle, I want a neon one though. Probably just wait for holiday season deals if any

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom