• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 5 |OT| Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin'

I think it is very Nobel what the current regime is doing in the Cleve. Stockpile talent for the next guys so they will only have to worry about getting a QB.
That is the general plan which I'm not opposed to.

What is the consensus on Kizer here? I thought he was good against the Steelers but since he has been mediocre at best.
He has shown potential.. but he throws a lot of picks and holds the ball too long. I'm fine with us passing on Darnold/Rosen and giving an RB to the offense a la Barkley.

I like their defense, and it seems their offensive players can't stay healthy. Then they have Kenny Britt who is just terrible?
The defense has shown potential (ignoring last week's result which had Collins, Garrett, and Shelton not playing.. which helps explain why we got smoked constantly last week.)

MechDX

e0VfYgV.jpg

effzee

Taken from the Pence thread:

The players absolutely gave Trump a huge public win by stopping kneeling after he tweeted about it.

This makes no sense. If Hillary was president, she would have never attacked the players or called them SOBs. It wouldn't go from a handful to over a hundred to begin with.

effzee

Wait. Colin Cowherd called McNabb an average QB, and we're the dumbest sports city in America for running Reid out of Philly while saying Reid had more success than the Packers who have a much better QB and a great coach.

Lel.

and that was all in like 30 seconds. Another 2 and a half minutes of rambling. Phew.

I mean we all know he is a complete moron but I find this funny. Colin used to slurp McNabb and killed the Eagles and Reid when they traded him. Then he killed the Shanahans when they didn't want McNabb and got rid of him after 1 season.

Now he's an average QB?

Reid is easy to explain. When McNabb was at his peak and playing at an MVP level, JJ was alive and running the D, and Reid wasn't in control of personnel or making his OLine coaches into d coordinators, he was successful.

He's been good with the Chiefs but he inherited a great Day, traded for a good QB, and has lost the same way he always does, in the playoffs when he is out-coached.

Will happen again this year.

What is the consensus on Kizer here? I thought he was good against the Steelers but since he has been mediocre at best.

Limited upside, has no business starting. He's a project that needed 2-3 years of work that was thrown to the wolves so Hue can try and save his job

JABEE

I mean we all know he is a complete moron but I find this funny. Colin used to slurp McNabb and killed the Eagles and Reid when they traded him. Then he killed the Shanahans when they didn't want McNabb and got rid of him after 1 season.

Now he's an average QB?

Reid is easy to explain. When McNabb was at his peak and playing at an MVP level, JJ was alive and running the D, and Reid wasn't in control of personnel or making his OLine coaches into d coordinators, he was successful.

He's been good with the Chiefs but he inherited a great Day, traded for a good QB, and has lost the same way he always does, in the playoffs when he is out-coached.

Will happen again this year.
Cowherd wants people to pay attention to him in Philly. He has no chance in this radio market.

LionPride

Banned
I'm still wondering how people were honestly believing any of the reasons they gave as to why Kaep didn't have a job that weren't "The NFL is run primarily by wealthy old whites, a few of which don't like minorities really"

foppy79

Well I'm late to this thread,

- It still baffles me that Wentz is his best under stressful situations (3rd down, under pressure) but if he continues playing like this and round himself out he's made

- I've never seen aight spelled just ight before, threw me though a loop too

-Kap going to Tennessee would set the state on fire. Although it looks like Mariota only be gone a couple games. No need to panic.

- the Cleve needs the browns like a fish needs predators. In the era of LeBron and a good Indians team, they need at least one operable factory of sadness still

Slo

So guys, I've been out of gaming for a few years. Valve still isn't trying to be a console manufacture, are they? There's likely just 3 next gen consoles coming out right?

Well I'm late to this thread,

- It still baffles me that Wentz is his best under stressful situations (3rd down, under pressure) but if he continues playing like this and round himself out he's made

- I've never seen aight spelled just ight before, threw me though a loop too

-Kap going to Tennessee would set the state on fire. Although it looks like Mariota only be gone a couple games. No need to panic.

- the Cleve needs the browns like a fish needs predators. In the era of LeBron and a good Indians team, they need at least one operable factory of sadness still
This guy gets it.

So guys, I've been out of gaming for a few years. Valve still isn't trying to be a console manufacture, are they? There's likely just 3 next gen consoles coming out right?
Not sure if you were looking for a real answer here, but It's complicated...

Valve did the Steambox thing as a trial run in case MS kills 3rd party stores on Windows. They're not very invested in it otherwise. They're also driving VR as much as anyone besides Facebook/Oculus, but they're slow playing the long game there too.

Sony is going to do a PS5, just a matter of when. MS may or may not do another "gen" of XBox -- it seems like they're trying to converge the Windows and XBox platforms, so who knows what that means for future hardware. Possibly just another higher spec'd XB1 in a few years? (Scorpio/XB1X is coming out in few months)

Nintendo is probably sticking with just the Switch for the foreseeable future. The 3DS is on its way out. They may or may not do a powered-up home-only version, but if they do it seems unlikely it'll happen any time soon. They will probably do a smaller version once the price is right.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I caught up with some of the other games from this weekend. Deshaun Watson had a very solid game (I'm not just talking statistically. I mean his footwork in the pocket, zip on his passes, reading defenses). I'm happy that Mech is happy and the Texans may have found at least a QB at least rated 83-84 in Madden.

A few weeks ago I said there is a lot of good Quarterbacking in the league. Jared Goff is the real deal. Carson Wentz is confirmed for legit.

But none in the league are playing as well as Matthew Stafford. But for the first time in his career, Matthew Stafford does not need to throw for 400 yards for the Lions to win a game.

We are stacked and a lot of key players for our team are draft picks Bob Quinn has made in his two seasons. Anthony Zettel (Penn State, 6th round) is playing huge for us as a 4-3 defensive end with 4 sacks in 4 games. Miles Killebrew (Utah State, 4th round) is emerging as our 3rd safety in what is an already stacked secondary.

DLK71LRXUAEJpus

DLN0_9fV4AACjXe

Glover Quin's the No. 3 safety in football per PFF. And Miles Killebrew is 13th. Yeah, Detroit's deep at safety (link: http://bit.ly/2khHAOG) bit.ly/2khHAOG

We are stacked at every level of the game (offense, defense, special teams).

And our offense can run any type of offense of the situation calls for it. If we want to run Power O, Two Tight End sets we can and will. If we want to run a no huddle, 4 WR set and spread the ball around we can and will.

Super Bowl or Bust.

Jarnet87

I like their defense, and it seems their offensive players can't stay healthy. Then they have Kenny Britt who is just terrible?

Kenny Britt was just had the best season of his career in 2016, it's clearly the Cleve that is sucking away his talent and motivation to play football.

Rvaan

Banned
Kenny Britt was just had the best season of his career in 2016, it's clearly the Cleve that is sucking away his talent and motivation to play football.
Or it's a classic case of contract year that turned into got paid don't careitis.

effzee

I am loving the praise Reid and the Chiefs are getting. We all know how this is going to end in the playoffs but from Cowturd to GFruden they all talk down to the audience as if fans and analysts have been wrong about Alex Smith and Reid and how they are proven winners.

Need to pump the brakes here. Yes they are 4-0 but let's see what they do in the playoffs before crowning them the greatest and calling their critics wrong.

To be fair they put the Patriots through the ringer in Foxboro, which by no means is an easy feat. If they can beat the Texans on the road this week, I think that dismissing them for any reason would be doing them an impressive disservice.

To be fair they put the Patriots through the ringer in Foxboro, which by no means is an easy feat. If they can beat the Texans on the road this week, I think that dismissing them for any reason would be doing them an impressive disservice.

None of these are playoff games.

I want to believe in KC, but I don’t care if they go 14-2 or 9-7. Until they win a playoff game against an AFC superpower everybody should be hesitating on calling them a super bowl favorite

MechDX

AFC players of the week: Off: #Texans QB DeShaun Watson, Def: #Steelers DE Cam Heyward, ST: #Bills K Stephen Hauschka

Baeshaun

FMT we are doin it!!

Top Bottom