• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2018 |OT| Can we average a page/commercial?

The NFC West is pretty bad outside of the Rams. The Niners will compete due to coaching and quarterback, but they're still young and lacking talent at most spots.

The Cards are just bad bad bad. Seahawks need to start drafting well.

bucyou

now that the shitshow that was the bears v seahawks is over, we can now focus on next mondays matchup of the best receiving group in the nfl, the league leader in passing yards, and the league leader in receiving yards

vs the steelers

Dear Conor McGregor Ryan Fitzpatrick Fitzmagic, please do as you please and fuck up the Steelers.

Sincerely,
Anonymous Bengals fan

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
Regarding the Josh Gordon Trade, Is there anyone here that thinks the change of scenery may be the thing that helps this kid get his head straight.

Kacho

Gold Member
Regarding the Josh Gordon Trade, Is there anyone here that thinks the change of scenery may be the thing that helps this kid get his head straight.

I have my doubts. If any team can do it, it will be the Pats. Dude hasn’t been noteworthy since 2013/14 so I’m not expecting much.

Pats only gave up a 5th round draft pick for him right? Not a bad gamble IMO.

I have my doubts. If any team can do it, it will be the Pats. Dude hasn’t been noteworthy since 2013/14 so I’m not expecting much.

The funniest part is that they got rid of another ex-Brown, Corey Coleman, to make room for Gordon.

Well, at least he will have discipline from the top town starting from day one. There is no missing meetings or being late in New England. I think discipline is something that should help Gordon. That Hue Jackson nonsense that you saw on Hard Knocks definitely can't help. "The eagle has landed"... isn't that what Hue said? I can't believe that man still has a job. Just a clownshow operation. Cleveland actually has good players. Just promote Haley or something, even that would be a massive improvement.

The playbook will also be an issue for Gordon. It usually takes guys a full season or offseason to get on track. Like Dorsett is pretty decent this year, and he was useless last year. I don't know how much Gordon can help this season. Maybe they play him sparingly and he will know exactly what route to run on every situation. If he doesn't run routes correctly or doesn't learn the playbook, he'll be gone in two weeks.

Last edited:

Jaxx_377

Neo Member

Yeah it is a 5th round pick and if he isnt active for at least 10 games cleveland has to give back a 7th so it's a perfect combination of risk vs reward. With the level of talent this kid has I do this trade even if there is only a 10% chance he turns it around but I am extremely skeptical it will happen.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
Well, at least he will have discipline from the top town starting from day one. There is no missing meetings or being late in New England. I think discipline is something that should help Gordon. That Hue Jackson nonsense that you saw on Hard Knocks definitely can't help. "The eagle has landed"... isn't that what Hue said? I can't believe that man still has a job. Just a clownshow operation. Cleveland actually has good players. Just promote Haley or something, even that would be a massive improvement.

The playbook will also be an issue for Gordon. It usually takes guys a full season or offseason to get on track. Like Dorsett is pretty decent this year, and he was useless last year. I don't know how much Gordon can help this season. Maybe they play him sparingly and he will know exactly what rout to run on every situation. If he doesn't run routs correctly or doesn't learn the playbook, he'll be gone in two weeks.
I don't think the playbook will be as much as an issue for Gordon as Dorsett. Dorsett is running more underneath and I think that is where New Englands system gets more complicated. Even if your just Running Gordon down field as a decoy his talent alone means you need to send someone over the top to cover and that opens up underneath where The Patriots excel.

I don't think the playbook will be as much as an issue for Gordon as Dorsett. Dorsett is running more underneath and I think that is where New Englands system gets more complicated. Even if your just Running Gordon down field as a decoy his talent alone means you need to send someone over the top to cover and that opens up underneath where The Patriots excel.

I guess that's true. Hopefully it will work for him. I think he should've left Cleveland a long time ago.

Kacho

Gold Member
Yeah it is a 5th round pick and if he isnt active for at least 10 games cleveland has to give back a 7th so it's a perfect combination of risk vs reward. With the level of talent this kid has I do this trade even if there is only a 10% chance he turns it around but I am extremely skeptical it will happen.

I really hope he can get his shit together because I would love seeing Brady throwing bombs to him in the playoffs.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
Any Steelers fans here know what the hell is going on with Antonio Brown. Profootballtalk reports he didnt show up to work yesterday, wich i'm sure the team will cover up today but it doesn't look good

NickFire

Not a Packers fan, but I agree with Mathews. After two weeks I'm expecting a flag anytime a defender approaches the quaterback without giving him a hug and kiss on the cheek. Just put flags on the qb's and ban tacking them, and be done with it. Seems the direction they're going.

Kacho

Gold Member
Any Steelers fans here know what the hell is going on with Antonio Brown. Profootballtalk reports he didnt show up to work yesterday, wich i'm sure the team will cover up today but it doesn't look good

He's not going anywhere. AB is just understandably bitter after the tough loss on Sunday and then seeing that donk Ryan Scarpino on Twitter running his mouth. They'll get it all squared away.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
He's not going anywhere. AB is just understandably bitter after the tough loss on Sunday and then seeing that donk Ryan Scarpino on Twitter running his mouth. They'll get it all squared away.

I would think they would so but Tomlin just said he hasnt spoken to him since the game so they definitely have some issues to work out. It Just seems like Tomlin may be losing that locker room.

Catphish

Bears looked good last night. The front 7 were phenomenal, and the offense has more promise than there's been for some time. I'm excited for the first time in a long time. 👍

NickFire

checked a few steelers forums, fans already turned on AB lol
Not surprised. Season ticket holders see star RB refusing to play cause $15 mill is an insult, team starts 0-1-1, and now star WR says trade me. Only natural to get pissed by that.

Kacho

Gold Member
I’m getting push notifications on my phone about this now. lol

If they do end up trading him I hear the Redskins could use a stud WR 😏

NickFire

I’m getting push notifications on my phone about this now. lol

If they do end up trading him I hear the Redskins could use a stud WR 😏

Hearing anything about trading LB? I had the third pick this year, so anything to get him on a field is good news to me.

hah love the new avatar bucyou bucyou - thought you should know i'm starting your boy in both my fantasy leagues....i have zero faith in him and think that this monday night game is the game for him to shit the bed, but i'm being swindled by the analysts and not my gut.

prove me wrong Fitz... for the love of god and sake of my fantasy insanity

who is ready for some JETS Browns action?! I'd love to see Browns come away with the win. Another tie would be hilarious.

bucyou

hah love the new avatar bucyou bucyou - thought you should know i'm starting your boy in both my fantasy leagues....i have zero faith in him and think that this monday night game is the game for him to shit the bed, but i'm being swindled by the analysts and not my gut.

prove me wrong Fitz... for the love of god and sake of my fantasy insanity

who is ready for some JETS Browns action?! I'd love to see Browns come away with the win. Another tie would be hilarious.

LOL thanks. I thought fitz would come back to earth against the eagles, but he sure as shit proved me wrong. This week scares me as the mess in pittsburg can either distract them or motivate them. As long as the OL gives fitz time to go though his progressions, he's going to find the open man. Its got to be hard to cover mike evans, d-jax, chris godwin and OJ howard and someone will slip through coverage to get a good look.

As a sidenote, florida president now. Bucs, phins and jags are all undefeated so far.

LOL thanks. I thought fitz would come back to earth against the eagles, but he sure as shit proved me wrong. This week scares me as the mess in pittsburg can either distract them or motivate them. As long as the OL gives fitz time to go though his progressions, he's going to find the open man. Its got to be hard to cover mike evans, d-jax, chris godwin and OJ howard and someone will slip through coverage to get a good look.

As a sidenote, florida president now. Bucs, phins and jags are all undefeated so far.

Fitz gonna throw for 400 yards again then pick up a crab leg and eat it right in front Jameis in the locker room.

natjjohn

NFL-2018-Regular-Season-Week-3-Schedule.jpg

Looks like a dreadful matchup tomorrow night. Think Jets bounce back against the Browns even though on the road. See Steelers getting a win on Monday to get out of the dog house. If they lose, yikes! Steelers fans are gonna riot.

Vikings are as high as -2000 at some sports books. For those that don’t know, that means you have to bet 2000 to win a 10 bucks. Bills getting no respect at all, but if got 2000 lying around, seems like an easy 100...

I'm going to make a bold prediction and say the Browns will get their first win since 2016.

What's funny is I wasn't sure the last time they actually won a game and google auto filled "when was the last time" to "the browns won a game" as the top choice. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'll just leave this here. This clip never gets old.

The Browns do look better than previous years, though. Last year, the whole team was a laughingstock; this year, it seems like the players are working towards removing that distinction--the problem is, their HC doesn't seem so eager.

Hammer-X23

Neo Member
I'm going to make a bold prediction and say the Browns will get their first win since 2016.

What's funny is I wasn't sure the last time they actually won a game and google auto filled "when was the last time" to "the browns won a game" as the top choice. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I totally didn't believe you... so I googled it and I got the same result lol.

I'm just looking forward to watching Rivers *try* to stay in the pocket. Gotta get that release time down (not that it helped Carr any). :messenger_beaming:

bucyou

nice run by 75, kinda a dumb rule inside 2 min but i get it..

mayfield at least sparked the O, hope he can build on that in the 2nd half

Top Bottom