• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2018 |OT| Can we average a page/commercial?

bigedole

Nothing. They have a good defense and a terrible QB. He might have a few decent games, but overall he's god awful. And Jacksonville is always in trouble when they have to play from behind. That's why I was laughing when after week two everyone was saying that the Pats have to play in Jacksonville on the road in the playoffs. People forget fast how long the season is.

I think Mahomes is going to be a good QB, but he missed a ton of wide open throws today and got completely fooled by Hightower on that interception. I'm curious to find out what he will look like when he doesn't have an all-world receiving core and a solid running back. People can look amazing with the right team around them, and then they look completely different when the team around them changes. Just look at Dak Prescott.

I don't like the comparison to Dak. Mahomes clearly has an extremely gifted arm and ability to make things happen when the pocket collapses. He's the most Aaron Rodger's like prospect we've seen since Aaron Rodgers...

I don't like the comparison to Dak. Mahomes clearly has an extremely gifted arm and ability to make things happen when the pocket collapses. He's the most Aaron Rodger's like prospect we've seen since Aaron Rodgers...

I didn’t compare him to Dak as a player, just that Dak got much worse when his receivers and the O-line got worse.

Mahomes isn’t even close to Rodgers, Brees and Brady when it comes to accuracy. He does have a great arm but he throws to more wide open windows than anyone in the league.

What will happen when those receivers get hurt/change teams and he ends up playing with mediocre talent? Can he make the throws then? That’s why I’d rather wait a few years before making silly comparisons.

Last edited:

bigedole

I didn’t compare him to Dak as a player, just that Dak got much worse when his receivers and the O-line got worse.

Mahomes isn’t even close to Rodgers, Brees and Brady when it comes to accuracy. He does have a great arm but he throws to more wide open windows than anyone in the league.

What will happen when those receivers get hurt/change teams and he ends up playing with mediocre talent? Can he make the throws then? That’s why I’d rather wait a few years before making silly comparisons.

It's his first time starting in the league... he's impressive any way you dice it. I'm not saying he's in the same league as any of the current greats, just that his capabilities has shades of Rodgers to it. I'm a Broncos fan, not like I want to stan for the kid, I'm just trying to be objective :p

It's his first time starting in the league... he's impressive any way you dice it. I'm not saying he's in the same league as any of the current greats, just that his capabilities has shades of Rodgers to it. I'm a Broncos fan, not like I want to stan for the kid, I'm just trying to be objective :p

I agree, he has a great arm, but again I can’t say how good he will be when he throws to wide open receivers and gets fooled by the slowest linebacker in the league. He doesn’t have to make any tight throws right now, unlike Rodgers for example. So we will see how good he will be over time. Great arm though, that’s for sure. Maybe every football QB should also play baseball as a kid.

manfestival

so sad,
there are already people in my timeline from my hometown already posting themselves switching from bucs jerseys and shirts to patriots and cowboys gear....

this is what I have to put up with as a bucs fan

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Oh thank god. It's been a hard 4 weeks. Most people here in Denver want Vance fired but I actually think that he has the potential to be a good coach. I love that Von came out the way he did earlier this week. Sure it's against probably the worst team in the NFL, but the Broncos needed this. If it was close? Vance would have been done on the flight home. Looking forward to seeing what the Broncos can do against KC next week!

Go Broncos!

Thus far the funniest comment on NFL this season is “now that Jacksonville beat the Pats, Jaguars will have home field advantage in the playoffs”. That was week 2. I guess they forgot about Bortles and that defense isn’t looking too hot right now either.

Well, I'm flipping the bird at that atrocity of a game for the Bengals, so maybe you can imagine that in your head.

Seriously, what a shitshow. This is why the Bengals will never be taken seriously, and I say that as a Bengals fan.

On the bright side, a whopping loss is still just one loss. You can always bounce back next week.

demigod

Cowboys will never win a Championship with Garrett and Jones. First round pick for Amari Cooper are you kidding me. Should’ve kept Bryant, probably cheaper in the long run.

Man, nobody in the media thought they'd bring in Gruden for a rebuild job. Hopefully this was planned, because if not, they are a dumpster fire with conflicted direction regardless of the fact that they "won" the Cooper trade.

oagboghi2

As painful as it to watch as a Raiders fan, Gruden is doing the right thing. The 2016 raiders were kind of a fluke. We won so many games based off of nothing but luck. The reality is we were a 8-8 team, that got lucky, and next season our luck ran out. hence 6-10 in 2017.

My only problem with Gruden was he wasn't honest about this. The buzz in oakland was we were a playoff team that needed a coach, not a average team heading toward a rebuild. Gruden didn't help this image, he was pumping up the fanbase all offseason, talking about playoffs and a oakland superbowl before we left for Vegas, and then out of nowhere bam we trade Mack, trade Crabtree and we start sounding like the 76ers "trust the process"

The raiders got a steal trading Cooper away for a #1. We'll see what they do in the draft. There is a chance the raiders could have 2 top 10 round 1 draft picks and a pick in the early 20's. Not a bad start.

Cooper to Dallas also ensures Jason garrett won't be fired this season even if they miss the playoffs.

My only problem with Gruden was he wasn't honest about this. The buzz in oakland was we were a playoff team that needed a coach, not a average team heading toward a rebuild. Gruden didn't help this image, he was pumping up the fanbase all offseason, talking about playoffs and a oakland superbowl before we left for Vegas, and then out of nowhere bam we trade Mack, trade Crabtree and we start sounding like the 76ers "trust the process"

I didn't keep up with the hoopla surrounding the Raiders in the offseason, was Gruden actively saying that himself?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Only down by 2 at halftime is something I'll take any day against this KC team. Hopefully Miller and Chubb can get after Mahomes in the second half like they did at the beginning of the game and not like what happened in the second quarter.

Dthomp

Having not watched much football the last few years I hadn’t seen the new Sunday night football intro, but am I the only one who thinks it’s horrible? I don’t mind Carrie Underwood but that song is the drizzling shits

Fitzmagic lives! Thankfully, the Bucs resorted to it too late and the Bengals pulled out another close one.

Let me be clear, the Bengals are not good enough to go deep into the playoffs, but they'll sure make it annoying for a lot of fellow contender wanna-bes.

oagboghi2

I didn't keep up with the hoopla surrounding the Raiders in the offseason, was Gruden actively saying that himself?
Yes, he told reporters Mack would resign and at a Oakland raiders rally in August, he claimed we would be competing for an AfC west title before the team left Oakland. Gruden has lost a sizeable chunk of fans recently

Last edited:
Yes, he told reporters Mack would resign and at a Oakland raiders rally in August, he claimed we would be competing for an AfC west title before the team left Oakland. Gruden has lost a sizeable chunk of fans recently

If that's the case, that's understandable. The team is losing, and a fire sale is happening. Not what you want to see in the final years at Oakland. Sucks for the fanbase.

dionysus

Yaldog
Being a fan of a team in the playoff hunt is much more stressful. The first quarter of the Saints game I actually had a pit in my stomach.

Brees throws his first interception of the year. Not record breaking but still a great streak. Minnesota's D did a good job against the Saints, but this time the defense delivered the win. Offense would have had better numbers but since it was a 3 score game Payton actually has a brain, unlike the Falcons, and intentionally burned the clock.

They picked on our slot corner PJ Williams all night. He is not even good by any measure, but Thielen is uncoverable in the slot. I can't blame him too much.

Eli Apple had a lot of tackles but also a ton of targets. A CB leading the team in tackles is a bad thing in my opinion.

Edit. Hard to judge the upcoming game against the Rams. Rams have two good wins vs. the Vikings and Chargers, and then a bunch of wins against the worst teams in the league (especially at the time they played them.)

Last edited:

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
NFL Trade Deadline Today at 4PM, and what had used to be just another meaningless deadline in the past has become much more active in recent years, Especially for teams looking for that final piece or to shore up depth for a playoff run.

The patriots could definitely use another Wide receiver with Josh Gordon just one mistake away for NFL Banishment so I think they will definitely make a run at that position. They have already been rumored to be looking at Golden Tate or Demarius Thomas. could also use depth at Running back and the D-line.

What team are you rooting for and what do you think they need.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
I'm a huge Rams fan myself. I'm just glad we have enough depth to ride out Kupp's injury for now. The one I'm really worried about is missing Talib.

The Giants are rumored to be having a fire Sale, I dont know the Rams cap situation but a run at Jenkins could shore up their secondary

bucyou

I haven't paid too much attention the the Bucs this year. Is Winston really on the way out there?

Year 4, not much improvement if any, and many say he's actually regressed. Also took over leading the league in turnovers since 2015 (Bortles held that title until last sunday). I've wanted him to work out, but Im not sure anymore. HC Koetter held a press conference yesterday and announced fitzpatrick is the starter this sunday.

bigedole

Hard to see DT go, but feels like he's been dropping passes ever since he got his big contract :( Doesn't even feel like we got much in return, how often does a 4th rounder turn into a solid player?

NFL Trade Deadline Today at 4PM, and what had used to be just another meaningless deadline in the past has become much more active in recent years, Especially for teams looking for that final piece or to shore up depth for a playoff run.

The patriots could definitely use another Wide receiver with Josh Gordon just one mistake away for NFL Banishment so I think they will definitely make a run at that position. They have already been rumored to be looking at Golden Tate or Demarius Thomas. could also use depth at Running back and the D-line.

What team are you rooting for and what do you think they need.

Bengals, and as usual, we did nothing. What we need is a new coach and a new owner, but that ain't happening sadly.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Goodbye Demaryius Thomas :messenger_loudly_crying:

I hope you kick ass on the Texans.

Y'all take care of him ok Houston fans? He's a bit shy and sometimes has the case of the dropsies at critical moments (that make you forget about when he caught them at critical moments), but he's an insanely hard worker and he'll silently get over 1k yards for you.

Hopkins and Thomas together?

Spoopy. Not spooky yet, but definitely spoopy.

I have 20 friends on Facebook that are Die Hard Raiders fans. They started with the dumb ass pictures of the 49ers being a bad team, which they are...but they seem to forget that the raiders are just as shitty. I'm glad that this stupid bay area rivalry is done with. The thing I'm most glad about right now is the 49ers being up 24-3. I hope they blow the lead wide open even more. I want those fucking friends of mine to eat the largest plate of fucking grow, because it's almost always a bad idea to post dumb shit about the team that your team is playing when both teams are at the bottom of the barrel.

Edit: I'm by no means calling this game over. The 49ers can and have collapsed really easy towards the end of games this season several times.

Edit: LOL I leave the room for 5 minute to take a shit and now it's 31-3. I'm loving this.

Last edited:
I can't feel anything but pity for the Raiders and Raider fans.

Apparently, Gruden is hell and hell is signed on for ten years.

lil puff

I feel like the Jets coach is a bit too laid back and that is not what they need. However he does a good job of not stinking it up too bad.

Why does Buffalo insist on playing Peterman? I know the pick six wasn’t his fault, but don’t we have enough evidence by now that he’s not a good QB?

I don’t care for running QB’s, but the fact that Kaepernick is not in the league when Peterman is starting is idiotic. In his last five games with SF Kaep had 9 TD’s and 2 interceptions. In his first five games with SF Garappolo had 6 TD’s and 5 interceptions and almost 200 rushing yards less. Those numbers got Jimmy G paid.

Last edited:

greyshark

Why does Buffalo insist on playing Peterman? I know the pick six wasn’t his fault, but don’t we have enough evidence by now that he’s not a good QB?

I don’t care for running QB’s, but the fact that Kaepernick is not in the league when Peterman is starting is idiotic. In his last five games with SF Kaep had 9 TD’s and 2 interceptions. In his first five games with SF Garappolo had 6 TD’s and 5 interceptions and almost 200 rushing yards less. Those numbers got Jimmy G paid.

Haven’t they given up on Peterman already? They drafted Allen in the first round and the only reason they’re playing him now is both of their other QB’s are hurt.

This Rams game - all that money on their D line and they can’t get any pressure on Brees.

Last edited:

lil puff

I've also never liked running QBs but I've gotta admit, Cam does it well. I'd have a heart attack being that coach. It is just stupid that a team like the Jets who took Favre, wouldn't look into Keappy.

Top Bottom