• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Free Agency |OT| Will the T in TB12 stand for Tampa?

bucyou

The "legal tampering" period started at high noon EST today, with the free agency meat market able to sign contracts starting tomorrow.

Some notable transactions so far;

please baby jeebus let brady stay in NE

T will stand for Tennessee

I predicted Brady to Tennessee before the playoffs ended. Almost makes too much sense. We shall see, though.

Brady is only going to play for a great team.
Not many great teams need a QB. Titans fit the bill

Broncos signed Glasgow to a 44mil deal, after we gave Juwuan James a huge deal last year. James was injured practically the whole season. Hopefully he’s healthy and with Glasgow our o-line performs consistently. Bolles still our LT tho, so that’s always an issue.

I’m surprised that Houston traded Hopkins

Last edited:

greyshark

Wtf the Packers waste a ton of money on Jimmy Graham and the Bears turn around and spend precious cap space on a guy well past his prime?

DESTROYA

I can’t picture Brady putting on another uniform, it would be almost blasphemous.
I would love to see him finish his career in NE but just dont see it happening.
Hey OP I’m curious as to why you wouldn’t want him in Tampa, he’s much better then Winston even now.

I'm not sure why Houston traded Nuk for David Johnson. They must think they can get Johnson back to his form from 3 years ago, because he has been God-awful since that season.

Browns are going all-in with Conklin and Hooper. It's put up or shut up time for Mayfield.

I'm not sure why Houston traded Nuk for David Johnson. They must think they can get Johnson back to his form from 3 years ago, because he has been God-awful since that season.

Browns are going all-in with Conklin and Hooper. It's put up or shut up time for Mayfield.

im still pretty high on Baker. I think he needs a head coach big on discipline, tho

the Hopkins trade caught me off guard

they do a second rounder too, but still

Last edited:

demigod

I don’t see Tom staying in Boston, didn’t he already sell his house? I can picture him in LA with the Chargers.

Houston what are you doing trading away one of the best WR? Cards are going to be deadly, plus Murray wants his college buddy WR in this year’s draft.

So I feel dumb as fuck because I completely missed the Tannehill contract being announced yesterday, so obviously my Tom To Titans prediction went to shit.

That changes my perspective quite a bit.

I understand the rumored brewing turmoil behind the scenes between Tom and Bill, I understand why he wants out of NE, but is it worth it to end your storybook career on the Chargers (who are inept) or the Buccs (who are.....the Buccs)?

I guess the Chargers have some talent but their coaching staff is ass. Absolute ass.

Fascinating.

greyshark

So I feel dumb as fuck because I completely missed the Tannehill contract being announced yesterday, so obviously my Tom To Titans prediction went to shit.

That changes my perspective quite a bit.

I understand the rumored brewing turmoil behind the scenes between Tom and Bill, I understand why he wants out of NE, but is it worth it to end your storybook career on the Chargers (who are inept) or the Buccs (who are.....the Buccs)?

I guess the Chargers have some talent but their coaching staff is ass. Absolute ass.

Fascinating.

I like Arians - he did great things with the Cardinals and the Bucs have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. I'd rather sign with them than the Chargers if those are they only two serious options.

bucyou

Welp, it "looks" like TB to TB is going to be announced no later than tomorrow.

Although, the bucs have been left at the altar so many times its hard to believe until a contract is in place.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Tom Brady could get your team to the super bowl OP.

tenor.gif

Rivers to Colts - 1 year, $25 million

Makes too much sense to pass it up. Andrew Luck retiring really messed up the good work Ballard has done with the roster and a competent QB can put them back in contention.

bucyou

unless TB pulls a parcells, he'll sign tomorrow.

i've came around, super pumped. hopefully bucs still pick up a qb in the draft to sit back and soak in the GOAT.

glad i didnt cancel my season ticket in disgust a few months ago, if ticketmaster.com right now is any indication, its going to be at capacity this season.

DESTROYA

unless TB pulls a parcells, he'll sign tomorrow.

i've came around, super pumped. hopefully bucs still pick up a qb in the draft to sit back and soak in the GOAT.

glad i didnt cancel my season ticket in disgust a few months ago, if ticketmaster.com right now is any indication, its going to be at capacity this season.
Is Tampa changing uniforms next year?
Get ready to watch the GOAT, he’s not at his peak but still better than most starters .

bucyou

Is Tampa changing uniforms next year?
Get ready to watch the GOAT, he’s not at his peak but still better than most starters .

yes they unveil them next month, they will be similar, but thankfully are ditching the alarm clock font.

bucs D was top 5 in the 2nd halfof last season once they understood bowles system, bucs definitely need an OL or two, and a RB that can catch out of the backfield, but the thought of TB12 scanning the field and having to choose between the best WR duo in football (evans/godwin), or one of the pro bowl level TE's (howard/brate) is exciting

DESTROYA

yes they unveil them next month, they will be similar, but thankfully are ditching the alarm clock font.

bucs D was top 5 in the 2nd halfof last season once they understood bowles system, bucs definitely need an OL or two, and a RB that can catch out of the backfield, but the thought of TB12 scanning the field and having to choose between the best WR duo in football (evans/godwin), or one of the pro bowl level TE's (howard/brate) is exciting
Didn’t the Titans release Dion Lewis? He had a great year when they played together in NE.

The Bengals signed actual free agents, who aren't ex-Bengals! What the fuck! This is a really unfamiliar feeling.

The Bengals D was God-awful last season, so anything would be an improvement. I hope we take a flyer on Leonard Floyd if he's still an FA--the Cincy LB corps is putrid.

manfestival

I have been hyped since the rumor came out that he would be coming to Tampa and was spotted here. I really am jiving with the idea of us picking up a young QB and having TB mentor him during this time too.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Excited about the Broncos signing Glasgow. My beloved team really needs OL help. Still not sure why the Lions let him walk which makes me nervous unless he just managed to price himself out of their range.

Excellent thread bucyou bucyou <3

Bigrx1

Banned
This is exciting news, can't wait to see Brady and Belichick separated. TB has quite a few weapons and I suspect NE will dive hard next season which will make Brady look good in the breakup, although I'm not sure if he can win a SB with TB. Regardless he should go out on a productive note at least and have better numbers than last season. Prepare for the entire season to be about Brady vs Belichick in the sports news world though.

bucyou

Would be fascinating(and plausible) that AB finally realizes he fucked up, and knows he needs to prove he can keep his explosions under control, so he signs a very team friendly deal to work with the GOAT for a year

manfestival

That is one funny joke. I am excited for this move. Seems my friends are on a divide. I guess the ones that just want us to win are excited and the ones that complain are always complaining. There were other options but it seems it was either TB or Jameis and I choose the former.

Also TB to Mike Evans OOOOF

Last edited:
Oh nice we signed Jurrel Casey, fantastic addition

our interior d-line has been weak for years

We have addressed DL, CB, and OL in FA already, three areas of need for us

I’m pleased

Last edited:

Faenrir

Crazy FA this season...
Can't believe the niners traded Buckner. Good draft picks but he was their best player, imo.

Not convinced TB will be good with the bucs but i could be wrong.

Top Bottom