• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

squicken

It's a house. If I wanted to I could go with a dish/Internet combo but I'm not looking to put a holes in my roof.

?

You don't need to do this anymore. They have plenty of ways to mount the dish w/o drilling. The trade-off is usually visibility of the dish. But don't not get DirecTV b/c of the drilling. Drop the land line, keep internet from the cable company, and sign up for DirecTV when they roll out the Sunday Ticket promotion

Sanjuro

Saturday Night Live with Eli is tonight!

Which is more likely? Peyton or Tebow cameo.

Avengers was fine, if you just accept that half of them are complete shit.

Black Widow, Hawkeye and Captain America are the Jags, Browns and Rams of Super Heroes.

You forgot Nick Fury!

Eli won the super bowl with what was probably the worst SB winning OL in history. That's a true boss right there.

There was a Thor one liner that I laughed at as well as a number of Hulk moments.

even though i'll never give props to a team who beat us eli definitely earned my respect after the ass beating he took in the nfc title game. we knocked the shit out of him from beginning to end and he kept getting up. hard to hate on that :(

p.s. i just went to (try to) see avengers. showtime was 1:10 and i got the tix at about 12:45 and went in.... the line to get into the theater area it was showing was out the fucking door and into the parking lot. i got a refund and i'll just go to a smaller theater tomorrow morning..... come on people!

Sanjuro

even though i'll never give props to a team who beat us eli definitely earned my respect after the ass beating he took in the nfc title game. we knocked the shit out of him from beginning to end and he kept getting up. hard to hate on that :(

That's why your postgame analysis is that amazing.

How can you say this then give cutler shit when he got beat on for two years straight? Even the national media gave him his props after last year.

You don't need to do this anymore. They have plenty of ways to mount the dish w/o drilling. The trade-off is usually visibility of the dish. But don't not get DirecTV b/c of the drilling. Drop the land line, keep internet from the cable company, and sign up for DirecTV when they roll out the Sunday Ticket promotion

I just did this. Still have phone and internet from Time Warner and tv from DirecTV. Still paying less than I was with the TW promo.

Edit: plus Sunday Ticket free for a year.

Boom.

FUCKING LOVED the Avengers. Seriously just wanted to walk right back in to the next showing. Whedon just does an incredible job of balancing all of the characters and giving each a moment to shine and cheer for. Exceeded my expectations in every way.

Sanjuro

akIEz.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
Microsoft announced this week that Windows 8 will not support playback of DVD movies unless you explicitly add software that supports that feature.

wtf?

edit: license rights and microsoft being cheap fucks and wanting consumers to pay more for software

brentech

FUCKING LOVED the Avengers. Seriously just wanted to walk right back in to the next showing. Whedon just does an incredible job of balancing all of the characters and giving each a moment to shine and cheer for. Exceeded my expectations in every way.
I appreciate it covering it's ass in regards to the absurdity of it all.
It's amazing what a couple of smart, well-written lines of dialogue can do.

The movie was a lot of fun.

The trailers and attachment of Joss Whedon has pretty much led me to bash the movie. I'm surprised by the warm reception myself, hopefully can catch it this weekend.
What do you have against Joss Whedon you dirty Bostonian cultist?

He's certainly a better writer and director than Jon Favreau.

FUCK he's bad.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

FUCK he's bad.

Christ. Don't even joke about Whedon in the OT for Avengers. Don't even give him anything than utter and complete praise.

WanderingWind said:
Christ. Don't even joke about Whedon in the OT for Avengers. Don't even give him anything than utter and complete praise.
The cult that's developed around him is absurd, yes but I'm a fan. He's far from perfect (anyone want to give Alien Resurrection a watch? Or how about some of the writing in the original X-Men film?) but you give him the type of ensemble cast that the Avengers has and he's in his element. Great job of balancing humor/action without going into slapstick nonsense, too.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

lol, you completely misrepresented what you were trying to say so I'm not surprised by how you were mobbed. There's been plenty of criticism for Whedon in that thread without that reaction.

Sanjuro

FUCK he's bad.

Whedon? The only thing I ever liked that he did was his run on Astonishing X-Men and Firefly.

I don't like Favreau.

squicken

Not a Whedon fan at all. People pushed me and pushed me to watch that Firefly crap and it was awful. Looking at his filmography, I guess I liked Speed and Toy Story. So that's something

Oh, also like X-Men

WanderingWind

The cult that's developed around him is absurd, yes but I'm a fan. He's far from perfect (anyone want to give Alien Resurrection a watch? Or how about some of the writing in the original X-Men film?) but you give him the type of ensemble cast that the Avengers has and he's in his element. Great job of balancing humor/action without going into slapstick nonsense, too.

Yeah, I'm a fan of his. Not a cultist of his. I agree with you ...now.

lol, you completely misrepresented what you were trying to say so I'm not surprised by how you were mobbed. There's been plenty of criticism for Whedon in that thread without that reaction.

No, I didn't. Morons want to find somebody to get offended at instead of actually reading the entire post. The fact that everybody cut out all the shit where I said I loved the movie in order to make it look like I hated it is proof positive. That shit gets mad annoying.

Sanjuro

He did botch his Wonder Woman film, which theoretically should be the only thing he is good at. He loves moderately attractive women kicking things.

Whedon is alright. His writing contributions are his strength.

The pacing was solid in The Avengers whereas other movies it has obvious flaws.

I'll have to look at the use of the camera next time I see it but generally, it's pretty fuckawful in these Marvel movies.

WanderingWind

He did botch his Wonder Woman film, which theoretically should be the only thing he is good at.

He's very good at ensembles, but he tends to bleed the characters together. You take any piece of dialogue from Buffy, and it could've been said by any character. Same with Firefly, to a lesser extend.

With the Avengers, he had to have Capt America sound nothing like Thor who should sound nothing like Stark. He totally nailed it.

XiaNaphryz

No, I didn't. Morons want to find somebody to get offended at instead of actually reading the entire post. The fact that everybody cut out all the shit where I said I loved the movie in order to make it look like I hated it is proof positive. That shit gets mad annoying.

I meant that your "Joss didn't Whedon all over it either" was vague as hell, considering how so many people interpreted it differently. If you had been more specific you wouldn't have had the dogpile.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i know he only produced it but joss whendons involvement in cabin in the woods means he will always be 100% legit in my book
He and Drew Goddard wrote it as well and I agree with you. Cabin is the type of movie that will no doubt drive Whedonites into mangasms though. It's everything that I personally loved about Buffy/Angel so it clicked with me but it features a lot of the stuff that Whedon haters will kill him for (tone/overly snappy "smart ass" dialogue etc.).

Sanjuro

i know he only produced it but joss whendons involvement in cabin in the woods means he will always be 100% legit in my book

That was actually good?

He's very good at ensembles, but he tends to bleed the characters together. You take any piece of dialogue from Buffy, and it could've been said by any character. Same with Firefly, to a lesser extend.

With the Avengers, he had to have Capt America sound nothing like Thor who should sound nothing like Stark. He totally nailed it.

That sounds promising. Like I said originally, I was fully expecting a Transformers-esque toy commercial.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
That was actually good?
If you dislike Buffy/Angel go on as though it never existed. You'll find nothing to like in it if that's the case because it could pass for an hour and half episode of either.

Sanjuro

If you dislike Buffy/Angle go on as though it never existed. You'll find nothing to like in it if that's the case because it could pass for an hour and half episode of either.

I never liked Buffy, although I didn't dislike the film version. I thought some of Angel was pretty clever actually.

WanderingWind

I meant that your "Joss didn't Whedon all over it either" was vague as hell, considering how so many people interpreted it differently. If you had been more specific you wouldn't have had the dogpile.

There is literally no way you could have taken any of what I said - as a whole - negatively, unless you wanted to. That there are multiple idiots in one thread changes none of that. But, I'm over it.

Forgot I wasn't posting here. Have to be all "Well, in my opinion, this movie was the pinnacle of an action ensemble piece that harkened back to the great action flicks of yesteryear. Truly a remarkable epic."

The movie fucking kicked ass. The end. Go watch it.

Godslay

Banned
My daughter and I decided to go the Avengers matinee today, only to find out it was sold out. I'm surprised at the buzz this movie is generating.

XiaNaphryz

There is literally no way you could have taken any of what I said - as a whole - negatively, unless you wanted to.
That sort of phrasing was used earlier in that thread and other related threads as a negative, so you may not be aware of the extra baggage.

The movie fucking kicked ass. The end. Go watch it.
Pretty much.

Top Bottom