• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread: "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

LiveWire or cuevas can PM when they've got their stuff together

Dates to know:

Feb. 20 - Teams can begin applying franchise and transition tags to players

Feb. 22-28 - NFL Combine (live coverage on NFL Network and NFL.com)

March 5 - Deadline for teams to apply franchise and transition tags

March 13 - Free agency begins at 4 p.m.

March 25-28 - NFL owners meetings (in Palm Beach, FL)

March 30-31 - Super Regional Combine (at Ford Field)

Late April - 2012 NFL schedule is announced

April 26 - First round of 2012 NFL Draft

April 27 - Second and third rounds of 2012 NFL Draft

April 28 - Rounds 4-7 of 2012 NFL Draft

Late July - Training camps across the league begin

Early August - 2012 preseason begins

Sept. 6 - 2012 NFL regular season begins at Giants Stadium

edit: I'll add stuff here as we go through the off-season

New to NFL GAF said:
What does :jnc mean?

answer said:
The forum formally had smilies, the code being :lol

The forum admins removed the smileys as they felt the smileys were being abused and obstructing good discussion. The main abuser of the smiley was frequent NFL GAF poster jakncoke. When the smileys were removed, an animated gif of the Seahwawks logo laughing was created, and since jakncoke was a huge Seahawks fan, instead of just posting the gif, members took to using :jnc as a stand in for the lost smiley

SUPREME1

Banned
3256231549_49bf0e2c9b.jpg

Drakeon

Took someone long enough. Disappointed in the offseason champions for letting us hang in the wind for this long.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Thank God. The past few weeks have been filler. This is the real deal

squicken

The Rams are gonna dominate the NFC next season.

Gonna be tough to unseat the 49ers, but they will undoubtedly come back to the pack. The had the best injury luck in the league, and the Rams the worst. But the Rams goal should be 8-8 with Bradford showing he can be a good QB

It can't be overstated the benefit of getting rid of an awful HC, which Spags clearly was. Have to nail the draft

edit @cuevas If you have something ready I'll happily paste it in the OP. It's bare bones b/c I don't care much about elaborate OPs, but we needed an offseason thread and LiveWire had disappeared

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm curious to see how the Bengals manage to bungle their two first round picks.

Please don't bungle them.

snesfreak

Banned
FUCK YEAH BROS!
BUCS GONNA DO THIS SHIT NEXT SEASON!
WE'RE GOING ALLLLL TTHHHHHHHEEEEEEEE WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!
To 9-7.

Good evening ahem ahem Good evening.

In less than an 9 months, players from the States will join others from around the country in New England. And they will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the sixth of Februari, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom and a Super Bowl victory...

Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from losing football games. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, Super Bowl Sunday will no longer be known as a New England holiday, but as the day the United States of America declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our
future
SUPER BOWL VICTORY!

tumblr_lxz8g2qb4o1r1376ro6_250.gif

Drakeon

Mort saying Haley confirmed as OC in PITT

Oh man, can't wait to see gifs of Haley screaming at Big Ben.

Gonna be tough to unseat the 49ers, but they will undoubtedly come back to the pack. The had the best injury luck in the league, and the Rams the worst. But the Rams goal should be 8-8 with Bradford showing he can be a good QB

It can't be overstated the benefit of getting rid of an awful HC, which Spags clearly was. Have to nail the draft

edit @cuevas If you have something ready I'll happily paste it in the OP. It's bare bones b/c I don't care much about elaborate OPs, but we needed an offseason thread and LiveWire had disappeared

I doubt we'll go 13-3 again, I also think the division will be much tougher. With that said, I predict 49ers finishing around 11-5 (without looking at the schedule at all and assuming we keep most/if not all of our defensive players from this year like Goldson and Rogers) or so and the Seahawks or Cardinals improving a lot too (although this depends on if the Seahawks can find a QB and Kolb still looks like garbage to me, but the rest of the Cardinals team looks decent). I don't really see the Rams improving that much after so many shit yegars, i'd think 6-10 would be more believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom