• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

No one was injured. Lady went down the wrong way on a one way street and smashed into my wife's car after she dropped my daughter off at school. The lady was in her 70's. She was shaken up but fine. Wife has a mild concussion and some back pain but she is also fine (thank god the kids weren't in the car).

It's not the new car. It's an older 2003 Saturn Vue. Insurance already had the adjuster out and determined its a total loss so I'll be getting about $8500 for it.

squicken

he's headed down the path of alex smith. the similarities are startling:

1. identical shoulder injury
2. #1 pick
3. goes to a team with no playmakers around and a shit offensive line
4. goes 7-9 first full season as starter
5. suffers an injury that keeps him out of a good portion of the season the year after
6. mauled so much early in his career that he won't stand in the pocket and continue to look down field now

alex smith is also garbage without harbaugh. if not for harbs not only would alex not be a 49er, he would not be a starter in this league. i think he would still be in the league as a 2nd or 3rd stringer somewhere but not a starter.

if bradford can get some decent coaching and playmakers around him (of which he has neither) then he can succeed to the degree that alex did last year (if you consider that success)

Also the revolving door of offensive coordinators. The thing is, if you are a #1 pick, you shouldn't need a everything around you to be perfect in order to excel. Too much has to go right for Sam or Alex to succeed. Just not what you want in a starting QB

Bowser

lol Clausen with intentional grounding but since the refs called it a fumble (which it clearly wasn't) we're gonna get it back with no penalty

Bowser

Holy shit guys.

I'm doing my work league fantasy draft. There's this one guy who decided to join and doesn't know anything about football. We tried to get him to autodraft, but he wanted to do it himself. He got the #2 pick.

He just took Tim Tebow #2 overall.

I'm cracking up so hard right now.

Holy shit guys.

I'm doing my work league fantasy draft. There's this one guy who decided to join and doesn't know anything about football. We tried to get him to autodraft, but he wanted to do it himself. He got the #2 pick.

goddamn

Godslay

Banned
Holy shit guys.

He's the one that's laughing right now, all the way to heaven...

Holy shit guys.

Wtf! Why was Tebow still available?!

Seda

Holy shit guys.

lol

eznark

Banned
Holy shit guys.

It's not funny if he doesn't know what he is doing. It's only funny if he actually thinks Tebow is good. As it is you are basically giving a paraplegic with downs syndrome a wedgie and shitting in his oatmeal.

Congrats?

Bowser

It's not funny if he doesn't know what he is doing. It's only funny if he actually thinks Tebow is good. As it is you are basically giving a paraplegic with downs syndrome a wedgie and shitting in his oatmeal.

Congrats?

He does think Tebow is good. He defended himself saying Tebow had a lot of comeback wins last year.

Godslay

Banned

Congrats?

Well to be entirely fair, the oatmeal was cold. It deserved it.

Bowser

Does he understand how fantasy football works though? What do comeback wins have to do with Fantasy Football?

First time he's ever played fantasy. A coworker and myself explained how it works to him for about 45 minutes earlier this afternoon. I guess none of it took hold :|

eznark

Banned
Does he understand how fantasy football works though? What do comeback wins have to do with Fantasy Football?

Bowser already said the guy knows nothing about football. Now he just feels bad for taking advantage of the guy.

I just can't believe he works with Heavy.

Godslay

Banned

Tebow did put up some solid points last year, fairly consistently. He was the starter though. Although it could workout for him IF Tebow takes over in the redzone.

It-looks-like-somebody-found-his-roar-Getty.jpg

Not a fan of those hoodies, Detroit.

Bowser

10-team league, ESPN standard scoring, pick 4

mciyP.png

Really only like one guy has a team that is even any competition. So many bumbling idiots, even among the fantasy vets

Top Bottom