• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL2K5 Tourney 2 is up! The champ is back!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ramirez said:
LMAO!

Just that much easier for me to become the champ!! :p

enjoy.jpg

Ramirez

Aight,I will next time I log on...I wish you could add people by just selecting their name while on ESPN,I hate going into the friends list and all that crap :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ramirez said:
Aight,I will next time I log on...I wish you could add people by just selecting their name while on ESPN,I hate going into the friends list and all that crap :p

I know god damn I hate that.

Ramirez

Naw man,I can go ahead and tell ya now,I'm not gonna be able to play that late,especially once school starts,needs my sleep :p

Can ya play today?

TheDuce22

Banned
Good game. I started out like crap though. Its pretty cheesy that you controll the DL and beat my offensive line every single time IMO. My only choice was to run.

Ramirez

WTF?!?!

Its cheesy that I play a defensive position other than LB/CB so I don't get my ass beat by Owens every time?

WTF ever man,you wouldn't have had half the points you did if you didn't run with Mcnabb every 3rd down and get the first.

Whatever though,I play the DL every game against everyone Ive played and your the first to complain about it.

TheDuce22

Banned
Lets see, i have 2 options when you run through my offensive line like its nothing. Run or take the sack. Its not like you left me much choice, as much as i tried not to abuse it. Im up for a rematch any time by the way.

TheDuce22

Banned
So in order to keep things realistic i should take a sack every 3rd down? I cant pass when he is all over me within 2 seconds and its 3rd and long. Whats the difference between exploiting that and exploiting the run? I could do the same thing, there are certian plays where you can have someone come free straight up the middle but i havnt used them.

Ramirez

Whatever man,most of my sacks were a result of you running around like a chicken with your head cut off in the backfield,if you would have stayed in the pocket half of them wouldn't have happened.

But like I said,I play the DL every game and your the first to complain...there is no way I'm gonna play as a DB when T.O. is on the other side.I doubled him the whole game when I was in man and you would just float it over them and he would come down with it like it was nothing.

McNabb had 7 rushes for 98 yards,yet I'm the cheeser,ok!I ran ONCE to try and show you and fucking annoying it is,I got a first down easy...I was just trying to show how much BS it is in this game.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wow no way in hell is Ramirez a cheeser and to say that after you ran like that with McNabb,did you even try to think of a new gameplan? Also Ramirez is right,TO no matter how you cover him pulls down shit with ease...this game is crap.

Will people stop calling other people cheesers here,I know for a fact all the people that played in the first espn league from last year are not cheesers,this name calling shit is stupid.

DMczaf

I guess AstroLad dropped since it has No User as the owner of the Redskins

Ramirez, take your cheap GAF Tourney championship :p

Fifty

DM, you've got to face him now! Then we'll determine the true winner :p You got shafted in our game, and you deserve a chance at at least a bit of redemption.

DMczaf

You want it Ramirez?

Steelers vs. Bucs! Fight for the TRUE champ! Although I rather play Fifty again before I play you so I could see if I would have even move up to the 2nd round ;)

If I beat fifty, then I play Ramirez for the REAL GAF Tourney II title! :)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dm,wasnt that game we played Texans Vs Lions a riot...god this game is ughhhh no words ughhh.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Dm,wasnt that game we played Texans Vs Lions a riot...god this game is ughhhh no words ughhh.

LOL

I love how players get stuck in 10 second animations costing your team a 1st down or touchdown.

Matrix

Well we both were not playing serious,Dm pointed out one thing that was absurd,then you had the usual DB ai crap,players not moving,players playing sooo good one minute that they swat eveything down and then the next minute they look like tards running in circles or players pulling down catchs with 3 or 4 men draped all over them.

Also at one point my players who usually catch everything would drop passes I usually easily make,it was like Ncaa bs :\ It was a game to laugh at,shit its still amazing how easy it is to run with the QB when you need a first down.

One time Dm was wide open for a catch,but instead of his player trying to catch the ball went into some animation of spinning around in a circle and then falling on his ass...it was so odd.

Fifty

Matrix said:
One time Dm was wide open for a catch,but instead of his player trying to catch the ball went into some animation of spinning around in a circle and then falling on his ass...it was so odd.

I have just obtained photos of Visual Concept's DB mocap sessions. Enjoy this exclusive look.

Bump and Run:
toddler.gif

Zone:
Toddlers.jpg

Man:
crying.jpg

Matrix

TheDuce22

Banned
"But like I said,I play the DL every game and your the first to complain...there is no way I'm gonna play as a DB when T.O. is on the other side.I doubled him the whole game when I was in man and you would just float it over them and he would come down with it like it was nothing."

The question is where do you draw the line. I could float passes to T.O all day. I could come off the edge with Kearse and generate pressure all day. Apparently the only thing that is offically against these rules is scrambling with the QB. I wouldnt have 98 yards rushing with Mcnabb if you didnt flush me out of the pocket. At least 50 percent of the time you beat my offensive line cleanly. I cant run my offense when i need 14-16 yards every set of downs because i took a cheap sack. I like this game the way it is... when you start putting rules on some things and not others it just gets stupid. Hopefull madden wont have these kinds of problems but im not getting my hopes up.

um, madden WONT have these problems because even madden 2004 didn't have these problems (qb scrambling/de rushing).

i admit rushing with your DE is a tad easy, but unlike qb scrambling, it can easily be defeated simply by stepping up in the pocket, or even scrambling into the vacant hole left by the DE. just because you scramble in that area doesn't mean you need to run with the ball, it can be used to create time. but, i wasn't playing this game so i dont know what went on.

TheDuce22

Banned
Stepping up in the pocket isnt an option when its a DT coming straight down the middle. Scrambling cant really be used effectively to create time either because of that delay they put in when you go from running mode to throwing. Football games are weird when it comes to these random problems. 2k3 didnt have these issues, espn football didnt have these issues. NCAA 2004 didnt have the issues of 2005. Thats why i dont want to say madden will be much better untill i actually play it.

Ramirez

LoL,WTF ever man,it usually took me at least 3-4 seconds to even come close to getting a sack,I had maybe 2 that were just flat out kill jobs.

What about all of those INTs you threw early in the game,pressure had NOTHING to do with them.Sacks had nothing to do with why you lost,you played like shit basically the entire game,you lost,get over it.

Top Bottom