• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFS: Rivals may look ‘a little’ better on one next-gen console than the other

Which Gen 4 platform will Need For Speed: Rivals look the best on?

Results are only viewable after voting.
neo-geo-song.png

someone should 'shop NFS rivals into the screen

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Sony is starting to feel themselves already and the Gen hasn't even "started". But they have the right to because they came out prepared as hell this time.

I'm just laughing because of the shots that were fired in that tweet. Pretty amazing. I love the Nintendo/Sega vibe I'm getting from this round of the console wars. :)

slapnuts

I love how the PC version is being considered the best.

pcmasterrace.gif

Me too man...from what i was hearing the PC version was going to be a port of the current gen consoles not the next gen consoles. So its good to see PC gamers will get a taste of a next gen racer in a few months time from now.

slapnuts

“What we’re seeing with the consoles are actually that they are a little bit more powerful than we thought for a really long time *1 – especially one of them *2, but I’m not going to tell you which one," Nilsson told VideoGamer.com at Gamescom earlier today.

“And that makes me really happy. But in reality, I think we’re going to have both those consoles pretty much on parity *3 – maybe one sticking up a little bit. And I think that one will look as good as the PC. *4

XBOX ONE more powerful confirmed

lol good eye (i think) hehe

btkadams

“What we’re seeing with the consoles are actually that they are a little bit more powerful than we thought for a really long time *1 – especially one of them *2, but I’m not going to tell you which one," Nilsson told VideoGamer.com at Gamescom earlier today.

“And that makes me really happy. But in reality, I think we’re going to have both those consoles pretty much on parity *3 – maybe one sticking up a little bit. And I think that one will look as good as the PC. *4

XBOX ONE more powerful confirmed
one + one + one + one = 4. ps4.

I would guess that he's referring to the PS4 version when he's talking about which one will look better, and he's referring to the Xbox when he says one of the consoles in more powerful than we originally believed (but still less capable than Sony's machine).

Kalren

If we are taking presumptions, I would hazard my guess that he's implying the PS4 is the more capable.

I think the general initial sentiment that most developers share before being actually exposed to and working with both consoles, is that both consoles are pretty equal. IMO, This is likely why John Carmack was expressing that both console was similar(I don't belive he's actually dealt with the console other than what he's read that they both contain AMD APUs.)

However, once the developers begin working with both consoles, the difference become apparent.

Top Bottom