• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFS: Rivals may look ‘a little’ better on one next-gen console than the other

Which Gen 4 platform will Need For Speed: Rivals look the best on?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Need For Speed Rivals will feature better graphics on one next-gen console than the other, Ghost Games’ executive producer Marcus Nilsson has suggested – but refused to clarify which.

“What we’re seeing with the consoles are actually that they are a little bit more powerful than we thought for a really long time – especially one of them, but I’m not going to tell you which one," Nilsson told VideoGamer.com at Gamescom earlier today.

“And that makes me really happy. But in reality, I think we’re going to have both those consoles pretty much on parity – maybe one sticking up a little bit. And I think that one will look as good as the PC.”

“I think that both consoles will look pretty much on parity,” he replied, “but one of them might stick up a little bit.”

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/need_...r_on_one_next-gen_console_than_the_other.html

Why the hell wouldn't he just tell us the console, it's not like it's going to remain a secret forever.

Probably the PS4 version.

Wouldn't EA want the One version to look better considering their in bed with Microsoft? Then again that might be the reason they can't say the console name if the One version is weaker.

IN&OUT

Banned
Well, here you go.

I have always said that PS4 is way more powerful than x1. the difference will be visible this early of console lifecycle .

Roxas

Why the hell wouldn't he just tell us the console, it's not like it's going to remain a secret forever.

Because EA and Microsoft are in bed with eachother so would look bad on both of them if they straight up said the PS4 version is the definitive version.

calder

"- especially one of them, but I’m not going to tell you which one..."

*winks*
*holds up 4 fingers*
*winks again*

I can understand why he's a bit noncommittal though, no real benefit to devs calling one version better than the other before it's done especially during development on your first title. Who knows, maybe the lagging console comes together late, like Burnout Paradise.

mocoworm

The way he says 'more powerful than we thought' could suggest XONE. They knew the PS4 was powerful but everyone though the XONE was underpowered. He is saying this like it's a nice surprise.

Pistolero

Xbox-One...come at me!!!
Interesting that he made that comment. Tongues will become looser as we get closer to launch, I suppose. But still quite...undiplomatic.

I am betting the Xbox version will look better. It took EA 40 minutes to mention "PS4" during their presser. I think MS have paid EA a lot of $$$

human5892

Queen of Denmark
What we’re seeing with the consoles are actually that they are a little bit more powerful than we thought for a really long time – especially one of them, but I’m not going to tell you which one
PS4 CONFIRMED

Proelite

Xbox-One more powerful than he thought, PS4 version looks better.

That makes the most sense to me.

It's good news that Xbox One isn't complete shit on the specs front.

Raide

The way he says 'more powerful than we thought' could suggest XONE. They knew the PS4 was powerful but everyone though the XONE was underpowered. He is saying this like it's a nice surprise.

Good point. After all the Sony bravado, I doubt developers were thinking it would be underpowered, so it might point to Xbox One.

RedAssedApe

Banned
it hurts xbone all the same when you make comments like this as people are going to assume ps4 since its more powerful on paper. why mention it if you aren't going to say which one? :p

be funny if its xbone though. everything gets flipped on its head (for this one game).

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Isn't Criterion in charge of the NFS series? They've always placed preference in Playstation over others. Nothing to see here.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
It's the xbone. They just realized the bones are lined with adamantium.

In all seriousness though, any developer would look at the specs on paper and realize the PS4 is more powerful, but having one with "surprising" oomph enough to stick out a little more? Hmmm.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Good point. After all the Sony bravado, I doubt developers were thinking it would be underpowered, so it might point to Xbox One.

Compared to what devs were initially briefed on, PS4 has surprised developers...remember, there was a time when PS4 was specced as a 2GB piece of kit.

And then API goodies can reveal (positive) surprises about features or performance that one might not initially expect from a spec sheet, if they were initially comparing the spec to a PC counterpart.

(And I think they're referring to initial, pre-disclosure expectations of what next-gen would look like anyway...)

DeviantBoi

Difference between versions is just going to get more noticeable as the generation continues.

If there is indeed quite a gap between the two next-gen consoles, you'll definitely see it three or fours years from now.

Raide

Isn't Criterion in charge of the NFS series? They've always placed preference in Playstation over others. Nothing to see here.

Different developer for this one I think. Not sure if Criterion are still in charge of the overall plan or not. Would prefer they go back to making Burnout Takedown 2.

Top Bottom