• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NG coming west for PS4, Switch, PS Vita, and PC in October

Mista

Banned

NG, the second entry in Experience’s “Spirit Hunter” adventure series following Death Mark, is coming west for PlayStation 4, Switch, PS Vita, and PC via Steam in October, publisher Aksys Games at its Anime Expo 2019 panel. The PlayStation 4 and Switch versions will be released both physically and digitally, while the PS Vita and PC versions are digital-only.

Here is an overview of the game, via its official website:
Beware the creeping horror…

NG is the second entry in the new Spirit Hunter series, and the companion story to last year’s award-winning sound novel, Death Mark. NG follows the story of a young man on a life-threatening quest to discover who—or what—is responsible for the disappearance of his little sister. To save her, our protagonist must team up with shady characters, face down spirits of legend, and make difficult decisions that can greatly alter the outcome of the game.

Can you save your sister and stop evil from destroying all that you hold dear? Or will you find yourself just another victim of an angry spirit?

Key Features

• Creeping Horrors, Familiar Settings – While its predecessor, Death Mark, found its spirits in distinct, horrifying locales, NG weaves fear seamlessly into the mundane. Face down monsters in quiet residential streets, neighborhood parks, and even the protagonist’s own home. Be careful—terror lurks behind every corner.
  • More Than A Visual NovelNG offers an immersive and exciting gameplay experience, in which players must make decisions at key momentsin order to survive. Players are offered a “Judge System,” which allows them to respond to each event with a spectrum of disparate reactions.
  • Search for Clues – Use a flashlight to examine each location in order to solve the game’s terrifying mystery. Watch out! You may unearth more than you’ve bargained for.
  • Beautiful But Deadly – The game features gorgeous illustrations from artist Fumiya Sumio, who makes the terror in each character’s face impossible to miss and renders horrifying spirits with stunning detail.

Set of Artwork:
NG_2019_07-05-19_001.jpg

NG_2019_07-05-19_002.jpg

NG_2019_07-05-19_003.jpg

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
So, is this like... a dungeon crawler or something?

Its a Visual Novel of Horror and have elements of J-Horror like Ju-On and Ringu.

The first game of the series is Death Mark another Visual novel ( Im looking for it) and this game have elements of investigation and a "RPG" Basic elements... Basic elements is not a final fantasy is more like a cheap cellphone gameplay but the most important thing is the Story and Read.

I am fan of Niche games thats why im looking for this game.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Its a Visual Novel of Horror and have elements of J-Horror like Ju-On and Ringu.

The first game of the series is Death Mark another Visual novel ( Im looking for it) and this game have elements of investigation and a "RPG" Basic elements... Basic elements is not a final fantasy is more like a cheap cellphone gameplay but the most important thing is the Story and Read.

I am fan of Niche games thats why im looking for this game.

Oh, didn't realize it was a straight-up VN. I'm into that. I saw the Experience Inc. logo and assumed that meant dungeon crawler.

Elenchus

Banned
Anime Expo had several announcements of localizations and this is just another one not coming to xbox.

And yet the biggest Japanese titles that fans actually care about continue to show up on XB while skipping the Switch.

Soul Caliber 6, Code Vein, Monster Hunter World, Sekiro, Ace Combat 7, Dynasty Warriors 9, Kingdom Hearts 3, Dragon Ball Z Kakarot, Elden Ring, Phantasy Star Online 2, Tales of Arise, and now One Punch Man are all appearing on Xbox but not Switch.

Think the situation is a bit more complicated than you present.

mejin

And yet the biggest Japanese titles that fans actually care about continue to show up on XB while skipping the Switch.

Soul Caliber 6, Code Vein, Monster Hunter World, Sekiro, Ace Combat 7, Dynasty Warriors 9, Kingdom Hearts 3, Dragon Ball Z Kakarot, Elden Ring, Phantasy Star Online 2, Tales of Arise, and now One Punch Man are all appearing on Xbox but not Switch.

I don't disagree with you. I quoted a post talking about smaller japanese games and that's why I remembered Anime Expo. Switch loses the bigger productions cause of the crap hardware.

Elenchus

Banned
I don't disagree with you. I quoted a post talking about smaller japanese games and that's why I remembered Anime Expo. Switch loses the bigger productions cause of the crap hardware.

I’m not sure Switch couldn’t run down ports of these games as it’s running Witcher 3 right? Besides if XB is a failed platform with no audience for Japanese games (as we are constantly told on GAF) why wouldn’t these devs spend the time porting to XB on Switch versions?

See what I mean...the facts don’t match up with the conventional wisdom...so the answer is probably a bit more complicated and likely varies from game to game.

The idea that Japanese devs are not interested in XB is easily disproven however.

Deft Beck

Microsoft requires a higher starting print run than Sony for physical games on their platform. Therefore, only the biggest publishers are willing to take the risk of Japanese titles on the Xbox.

Elenchus

Banned
Microsoft requires a higher starting print run than Sony for physical games on their platform. Therefore, only the biggest publishers are willing to take the risk of Japanese titles on the Xbox.

Then why wouldn’t the smaller devs do a digital only release on XB? Are some placing nationalism over smart business?

Deft Beck

Then why wouldn’t the smaller devs do a digital only release on XB? Are some placing nationalism over smart business?

You also have to pay a licensing fee to have the game up on Xbox Live, not to mention paying for an ESRB rating.

Last edited:

Pejo

I've never seen a more boring announcement trailer in all of my life, lol. I realize it's probably tough to sell a suspense VN in a half a minute preview, but wow.

*edit* ok it was better with sound on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom