• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 Trailer

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:
did a dude... just jump over another dude?
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Yeah, one of the new dekes is flipping a puck over a downed defender and hopping over him. Shit's gonna get so abused online. :lol

RS4-

motherfucking BANHAMMERS reunion!

Yeah, I'm sure those dekes will cause more trouble and just piss us off again.

expy said:
Presentation still lacks... Arena doesn't look right, and still only 1 referee =\

Very minor complaints as far as I'm concerned, this trailer got me really hyped for the game.

Marvie_3

Banned
expy said:
Presentation still lacks... Arena doesn't look right, and still only 1 referee =\
Yeah, I'm hoping that changes before the game ships. It's only the first trailer. The new physics engine will hopefully make up for a lot though.

C Jones said:
Thanks for posting this. New faceoff engine! Finally!
I can't wait. I'm gonna switch from LW to C this year. Really looking forward to see how it works.

RS4- said:
motherfucking BANHAMMERS reunion!

Yeah, I'm sure those dekes will cause more trouble and just piss us off again.
Oh, I'm sure they're be plenty of stuff to piss everyone off. There is every year. :lol

EASHL will still be fun though until everyone learns the glitches.

jred2k

Every year I get an NHL game I tell myself I'll take a year off before I get another one, but I always end up getting the next one. This year will be no different.

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah, one of the new dekes is flipping a puck over a downed defender and hopping over him. Shit's gonna get so abused online. :lol
:lol :lol I guess no EASHL for you next year huh?

Edit: Speaking of which, you gonna play tonight?

C-Jo

I have a sinking feeling that broken sticks and disallowed goals will run absolutely rampant. Prove me wrong EA, prove me wrong.

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
:lol :lol I guess no EASHL for you next year huh?

Edit: Speaking of which, you gonna play tonight?
Oh no, I'll be in. Then I'll get pissed and quit 20 times. And each time, just like Michael Corleone, when I think I'm out, they'll pull me back in. :lol

EASHL is fun until there's nothing left but the shitbag teams who do nothing but use exploits the whole game.

I'll be making a thread for this year's team at some point this summer.

Most likely I'll be on at some point tonight. Probably gonna watch the Ubi conference for the lulz. If anyone else wants to hop in some OTP, let me know.

C-Jo said:
I have a sinking feeling that broken sticks and disallowed goals will run absolutely rampant. Prove me wrong EA, prove me wrong.
I like your last avatar better. ;)

Marvie_3 said:
Oh no, I'll be in. Then I'll get pissed and quit 20 times. And each time, just like Michael Corleone, when I think I'm out, they'll pull me back in. :lol

EASHL is fun until there's nothing left but the shitbag teams who do nothing but use exploits the whole game.

I'll be making a thread for this year's team at some point this summer.

Most likely I'll be on at some point tonight. Probably gonna watch the Ubi conference for the lulz. If anyone else wants to hop in some OTP, let me know.

I like your last avatar better. ;)

Well, anytime before midnight you want to play is good. I'm trying to play nba again because of the finals and I'm realizing why I never played that game...

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Well, anytime before midnight you want to play is good. I'm trying to play nba again because of the finals and I'm realizing why I never played that game...
I'll send you a message if and when I hop on.

Marvie_3

Banned
Crosby is on the cover of NHL 11.

2gtwyab.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
EASHL practice mode is in!

All-New EASHL Dynasties—The EA SPORTS Hockey League takes online play to the next level as championship seasons are awarded with banner-raising ceremonies and new user celebrations that allow you to rub it in the faces of your biggest rivals. Prep your team for their playoff run with an all-new Practice mode.

Finally!

Toews rumored to be actual cover athlete.

53tf8m.jpg

Carlisle

Marvie_3 said:
Crosby is on the cover of NHL 11.
2gtwyab.jpg
:lol :lol Day motherfucking 1. :lol :lol

Seriously though, Day motherfucking 1. I was gonna skip 11 and get a cheap NHL 10 instead since one of my 2 fav teams is on the cover as one of my two fav players, who won the cup with an OT snipe. I know you know, but I just love saying it over and over again.

Anyway, this game just looks too hot to skip now. Gonna have to get both.

Carlisle

Marvie_3 said:
Toews rumored to be actual cover athlete.
Toews? Two coverboys from the same team two years in a row? Is that a first for EA? And for some reason the dude in that artwork looks a lot more like Byfuglien than Toews to me :lol

Maximus.

I doubt they would go with the same team two years in a row for cover boy. Plus I cant deal with a second year of having a chicago player on my box :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Carlisle said:
Toews? Two coverboys from the same team two years in a row? Is that a first for EA? And for some reason the dude in that artwork looks a lot more like Byfuglien than Toews to me :lol
Somebody snagged the NHL 11 page before it was taken down.

xbl6ax.jpg

Looks like something that wasn't supposed to be leaked. :lol

Hari Seldon

Meh, these games are getting stale. They need a new UI, a real in-depth tutorial for ALL of the skill moves, and a much better crowd/arena atmosphere.

Takao

Banned
This series is becoming the king of useless refinements. Like shit, we don't need to have sticks breaking everywhere, and having to replace them.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Broken sticks, shit. Will my players be able to use Koho wood shafts? Fuck that composite shit. Also, is NHL11 now realistic enough to ensure that the Leafs will finish last in the Eastern Conference every time I simulate a season?

Marvie_3

Banned
Takao said:
This series is becoming the king of useless refinements. Like shit, we don't need to have sticks breaking everywhere, and having to replace them.
A real-time physics engine is far from useless. The NHL series has needed that for years.

vatstep said:
Broken sticks, shit. Will my players be able to use Koho wood shafts? Fuck that composite shit. Also, is NHL11 now realistic enough to ensure that the Leafs will finish last in the Eastern Conference every time I simulate a season?
:lol

Mrbob

New physics system sounds awesome, hopefully it is implemented well. Now Marvie can't cheese me on hits and will have to use momentum to find my guys on the ice. :lol

Also, sexy news if Toews is the cover boy. He did just have one of the greatest years in hockey for an individual players, makes sense to me! Blackhawks players back to back so awesome. :D

Marvie_3

Banned
Mrbob said:
New physics system sounds awesome, hopefully it is implemented well. Now Marvie can't cheese me on hits and will have to use momentum to find my guys on the ice. :lol
Maybe now even retarded Niemi will be able to stop your weakass shots. ;)

Mrbob

You know what this means, right? The Blackhawks are now going to win another Stanley Cup to go back to back with Toews getting the series winning goal!

Marvie_3

Banned
Mrbob said:
You know what this means, right? The Blackhawks are now going to win another Stanley Cup to go back to back with Toews getting the series winning goal!
Unless NHL 11 comes with a DLC code that gives them about $10M in salary cap relief, I highly doubt it. :lol

Mrbob

Marvie_3 said:
Unless NHL 11 comes with a DLC code that gives them about $10M in salary cap relief, I highly doubt it. :lol

Blackhawks are Bettman's favorite franchise now. I'm sure he can give the team a pardon for their cap issues in the upcoming season. :D

Mrbob said:
Blackhawks are Bettman's favorite franchise now. I'm sure he can give the team a pardon for their cap issues in the upcoming season. :D

Pretty sure cap went up for next year, so it's not like he isn't trying!

Phthisis

The checking animations look....awkward. It looks like they tweaked the existing animations from 10 and warped them to seem like "real time physics"

Day 1 of course, with Toews pig face cover

Surprised they didn't pimp the CHL in that trailer, it's probably the thing im most excited about this year

Marvie_3

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
2 Blackhawks in a row for cover athletes, lame, should of been Avery...
rh0du0.jpg

C-Jo said:
If you're lucky, you'll see a 2011 version in a year.
I can just make one for you now if you want. ;)
C-Jo said:
Edit: Also, fuck you and your Chelsea Dagger post. :lol
I was excited I got the last post before it was locked. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
C-Jo said:
Nah, let's wait and see which players you have to dump for free first.
Hopefully by then you guys can find a goalie than doesn't give up 7 goals in playoff games too. ;)

TheMissingLink said:
Very excited.

Totally don't believe this true physics gameplay though.
I don't think it'll be amazing, but any physics engine is better than the scripted garbage they had.

Top Bottom