• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Hodgson wouldn't fix anything. Hate to say it, but neither would Daniel. Too many character guys and not enough top-end talent. Add a hot goalie into the mix and the Canucks get in trouble.

Look at last season. Crawford held the fort in Games 6 and 7. If it wasn't for Kesler and the Preds' lack of goal-scoring that series could've gone either way. The Canucks only had their way with the Sharks.

Someone mentioned how everyone is emulating the Boston model. That's what the Canucks did when they traded Hodgson for Kassian. Less skill, more size.

EDIT: if they get swept, I'm not sure if AV's job is safe. 6 seasons, 5 playoff appearances, 5 division titles, 1 Jack Adams, 2 President's Trophies. An impressive resume, but no Cups.

Then again, Trotz and Ruff are still coaching despite the lack of Cups. But they haven't had contenders for a few seasons now.

Revenant

Someone mentioned how everyone is emulating the Boston model. That's what the Canucks did when they traded Hodgson for Kassian. Less skill, more size.

Kassian really isn't ready to assume that role though. Kassian could be solid, but funny a team traded a player who was a real contributor for a guy who is still developing. I'm assuming the Canucks didn't trade Hodgson for the thought of getting a straight up bruiser.

Marvie_3

Banned
Someone please obliterate Duncan Keith next season. Who knows what a difference our only fucking 30 goal scorer would have made this sad series.
i4lzwGqJ1pby2.gif

Socreges

Banned
Lone_Prodigy said:
Too many character guys and not enough top-end talent.
What does this mean?

If the Canucks' PP was even close to as successful as it's been in the past (eg, first half of the season), this series would look very different right now. It was always going to be a tight series. There were always going to be games like the one today. The difference should have been the Canucks' strong PP. But it's been shit. You say the absence of Daniel and Hodson doesn't matter? They're both awesome on the PP.

Fei

Kassian wasn't good enough to stay in Buffalo's lineup this year. No way he was good enough to make the Canucks' roster. Should have kept him developing in the AHL.. Easy to say that now, I know.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
You gotta be trolling or plain dumb to downplay the significance of Daniel Sedin not playing in this series. I'm gonna go with the former.

Revenant

Kassian wasn't good enough to stay in Buffalo's lineup this year. No way he was good enough to make the Canucks' roster. Should have kept him developing in the AHL.. Easy to say that now, I know.

easy to say that then. that's the absolute truth about him.

Fei

I just feel bad for Kassian because he's been put in a position to fail, and some will now look at him as a bust.

Edit: Sulzer. We only started losing when Sulzer couldn't dress. ;(

snack

I just feel bad for Kassian because he's been put in a position to fail, and some will look at him as a bust.

Edit: Sulzer. We only started losing when Sulzer couldn't dress. ;(

I think of Kassian as a long term investment. Meh.

Welp, the same dang thing happened today that happened yesterday, every single team that I wanted to win won, except for one!!!!!!!!! Next Tuesday some other stupid team that I don't want to win (That means either the Devils or the Hawks) , needs to win so that Detroit can win their next game if this is the trend we are going to see! Yay superstitions!

Fei

Who needs Sulzer when you got Gragnani?? Assuming they do still have him cause I haven't seen him in weeks.

Gragnani needed to play 14 games to still be a RFA next year. Looks like they played him the minimum amount of games and then have kept him on the bench since..

Gragnani needed to play 14 games to still be a RFA next year. Looks like they played him the minimum amount of games and then have kept him on the bench since..

Pretty much. And they sure got value out of him those 14 games...

Gragnani in Vancouver:
14GP 1G 2A 3P -4

Sulzer in Buffalo:
15GP 3G 5A 8P +2

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I still can't believe we'll actually be out in the first round. I just can't comprehend.

RC

Banned
Times like this make me wonder why I get so emotionally invested. I'd be a lot happier if I didn't care.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Times like this make me wonder why I get so emotionally invested. I'd be a lot happier if I didn't care.
It's worth it, but I say that as someone who's been fairly spoiled, so... maybe don't listen to me.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Well, the theoretical return of the emotional investment would be huge if they won. IF.

The path that they've taken over the last two years have inflicted the maximum amount of pain and no gain. I think I'm done for the next few years personally. Hate the peaks and valleys too much.

How do you 'Nucks fans deal with all the diving? Ignore it, admit that it's embarrassing, cognitive dissonance? Vancouver is the closest NHL team to where I live, but I can't handle the way they conduct themselves on the ice. Kesler did a BARREL-ROLL from a little cross check to the back. I mean, that's just not possible from a physics standpoint.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
How do you 'Nucks fans deal with all the diving? Ignore it, admit that it's embarrassing, cognitive dissonance? Vancouver is the closest NHL team to where I live, but I can't handle the way they conduct themselves on the ice. Kesler did a BARREL-ROLL from a little cross check to the back. I mean, that's just not possible from a physics standpoint.

Could be worse, diving is still better than cheap headshots and elbows to the backhead. So... could be worse. Of course it's embarassing, but diving at least doesn't hurt anyone.

RC

Banned

It sickens me to the point that sometimes I'd rather them lose the right way then win the wrong way. All the goodwill Kesler earned last post season is gone as far as I'm concerned.

Socreges

Banned
It was worth the emotional investment last season. The run was incredible. All the way to Game 7. Massive disappointment that still hurts (especially right now). But such an amazing experience. Makes me laugh when fans of teams that don't even make the playoffs try and rub it in. I think they're too far removed from playoff hockey to get it.

endresults said:
I think Kesler's lost his mind. Seems like a miserable person, always frustrated. And now he's done these two pathetic dives. Not a fan of his right now.

Top Bottom