• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 17 EASHL (PS4) | DISALLOWED GOAL SCORERS

I feel like the name should be something about us, not hockey terms or phrases.

yea i agree it should lean that way

if its not some great pun/inside joke specific to things that happened last year or anticipated to happen this year with the game's changes then it should be a name that is really clever so that when other teams see it before the game they at least let off a small snicker about it

Mercy what's your hurry,the game doesnt come out for a month? I haven't really seen anybody come up one that seems like "the one" so far so keep throwing shit at the wall until it sticks...

Stat!

Ritalin Raiders???

Then we can use that masked cowboy as our mascot!

Memorable Raiders?

I assume no one like the ones I listed :(

Memorable Playmakers
Memorable Destroyers
The Blood Baths
The Disorganized Limes
Highlight Reel Passes
Two Foot Passers
Puck Pick-Up Failures

Delryk

Power Play Nayers ; we always sucked on PP
Breakaway Failures ; no comment required
Hi-Lite Reel Divers ; womp womp
Disorgnised Danglers ; womp womp
Free Willy Nilly ;
Slap Coq Marns ; Slapshot Marner, though Coq is also a chicken in French (ok bad one)
Papi is Your Fodder
VisDelStat & the other guys.

k bored. going home bye. :)

13thStep

Power Play Nayers ; we always sucked on PP
Breakaway Failures ; no comment required
Hi-Lite Reel Divers ; womp womp
Disorgnised Danglers ; womp womp
Free Willy Nilly ;
Slap Coq Marns ; Slapshot Marner, though Coq is also a chicken in French (ok bad one)
Papi is Your Fodder
VisDelStat & the other guys.

k bored. going home bye. :)

I like Breakaway Failues
Power Play Nayers

As for VisDelStat &the other guys...fuck you Delryk =)~

Stat!

Never even knew you can do that.

I visited Montreal today Delryk. Was there for like 5 hours. Overall, a solid 3/10.

Debating if i should buy this... dont want to use PS4 controllers anymore.

http://shop.cronusmax.com/CronusMAX-PLUS-MEGA-BUNDLE.html

anybody have used or know someone who has and how is it?
Seems overly expensive, but that probably doesnt matter to you.

Never even knew you can do that.

I visited Montreal today Delryk. Was there for like 5 hours. Overall, a solid 3/10.
Did you get some of the "best poutine in the world" while you were there?

Delryk

Not expensive... went thru 3 PS4 controllers just by playing 2-3 games in a year. While i'm still on the same controller on the X1 since launch (of course i bought more to play with friends but atleast they all fucking work!)..

Stat!

I did not get poutine. Was only in the city for a few hours though.

Montreal sucks ass

Im not disagreeing. I can give a full opinion after I was there for three hours. I did have Schwartz though.

Delryk, Stat, Oshi, MattDoza, Swim...

NHL 18 club name = Enhancement Talent

Yay or nay?

I have a few other new name ideas

I want to hear the other names. Im on the fence about that.

Delryk

I did not get poutine. Was only in the city for a few hours though.

Im not disagreeing. I can give a full opinion after I was there for three hours. I did have Schwartz though.

I want to hear the other names. Im on the fence about that.

I'm 45mins away from Montreal (thank god) but i only live in Quebec cuz of the wife.. else i'd be moving somewhere in Ontario.. lol.

my city has about 100,000 population over a pretty big span of land.. lots of corn farms and stuff.. while my cottage is another 30mins away east, it's a tourist village of about 5000 people on the Champlain Lake and a pretty good golf course :)

When i left Mississauga, i told myself i'd never live in a big city ever again!

So Viz, how about those team names? Ive sat here for so long

Contagious Sickness
Not So Secret Society
Human Highlight Reel
The Mighty Cucks
SPOILER ALERT You Lose
We Piss Excellence
GG EZ
Top Secret Clearances
All Luck No Skill
Active Shooter Reported
Fortune Favors The Bold
Continental Connection
A Plus In Chemistry

I love All Luck No Skill the most of the ones I like. Nice job Viz!

No amount of asskissing will get you that automatic bid that you seek, friend...

Im gonna go thru the thread soon and compile all the name suggestions so we can start narrowing this down unless Stat, Delryk and Oshi all like one of the names Mercy highlighted above

13thStep

No amount of asskissing will get you that automatic bid that you seek, friend...

Im gonna go thru the thread soon and compile all the name suggestions so we can start narrowing this down unless Stat, Delryk and Oshi all like one of the names Mercy highlighted above

Hey, i'm just looking for funny team names. I take back my nice job Viz. Adequate job Viz...adequate job...

Since Delryk doesnt care and we cant be sure Oshi will actually play a game with us this year we only need consensus from Stat, Mercy and I.

Stat do you like any of my recent batch of names?

Otherwise we 3 are going to need to do some process of elimination on our favorite names so far.

Delryk

Since Delryk doesnt care and we cant be sure Oshi will actually play a game with us this year we only need consensus from Stat, Mercy and I.

Otherwise we 3 are going to need to do some process of elimination on our favorite names so far.

None of Stat's ideas is my vote. :)

Delryk

Trump
A word that means absolutely nothing, yet it means everything. The word trump can be substituted for any word, in any tense, and it will always make sense.

we should use this... lol

aka. The Mighty Trumps, We Piss Trumps, Fortune Favors Trump, GG EZ Trump, Trump Trump'ing Trumps

oh yaaaaah.

13thStep

Trump
A word that means absolutely nothing, yet it means everything. The word trump can be substituted for any word, in any tense, and it will always make sense.

we should use this... lol

aka. The Mighty Trumps, We Piss Trumps, Fortune Favors Trump, GG EZ Trump, Trump Trump'ing Trumps

oh yaaaaah.

Just to clarify it does mean something:

trump1
trəmp/Submit
noun
noun: trump; plural noun: trumps
(in bridge, whist, and similar card games) a playing card of the suit chosen to rank above the others, which can win a trick where a card of a different suit has been led.
the suit having the rank above the others in a particular hand.
"the ace of trumps"
(in a tarot pack) any of a special suit of 22 cards depicting symbolic and typical figures and scenes.
a valuable resource that may be used, especially as a surprise, in order to gain an advantage.
noun: trump card; plural noun: trump cards
"in this month General Haig decided to play his trump card: the tank"
informaldated
a helpful or admirable person.
verb
verb: trump; 3rd person present: trumps; past tense: trumped; past participle: trumped; gerund or present participle: trumping
(in bridge, whist, and similar card games) play a trump on (a card of another suit), having no cards of the suit led.
beat (someone or something) by saying or doing something better.
"taste trumps most if not all other factors when consumers choose food products"
synonyms: outshine, outclass, upstage, put in the shade, eclipse, surpass, outdo, outperform;

Stat!

Sorry for the delay, jumping on a plane back home right now. I'm not doing any trump names. Period. It's as outdated as harambe memes.

Im not at a computer right now (on my phone).

I will let you know what I like later tonight and go through the last couple pages.

Stat!

I liked this one from Oshi but slightly changed: Net Crashers

Reminds me of Slot Cloggers and just are overall team sometimes where we crash the net and score.

Delyrk's: Disorgnised Danglers
Vis: Hugs & Misses

Any thoughts on this one? The Puck Pick-Up Artists

And these two:
Memorable Destroyers
The Blood Baths

13thStep

I liked this one from Oshi but slightly changed: Net Crashers

Reminds me of Slot Cloggers and just are overall team sometimes where we crash the net and score.

Delyrk's: Disorgnised Danglers
Vis: Hugs & Misses

Any thoughts on this one? The Puck Pick-Up Artists

And these two:
Memorable Destroyers
The Blood Baths

I only like Hugs & Misses out of those.

Looking back I also like:

PowerPlay Nayers
Breakaway Failues
Enhancement Talent

We are at an impasse on names, and this shit is worse than when me and Marvie used to disagree about everything.

The only one Id feel good about using that I didnt propose myself is Oshi's "The Fifth Line" other than that im not a fan of anything else you guys have come up with

Delryk - has just been trolling with most of his ideas

Mercy - to Stat's point some of yours are too abstract to be team names. I dont necessarily agree that there needs to be a noun at the end like most professional teams but most of your ideas while clever dont really work well for team names

Oshi - had some witty ones and probably is aligned closest to me on what works best, but all of his ideas were random things that dont really apply to us or our playstyle

Stat - you started off good with Les Memorables which would be great choice if I didnt have a strong preference to not have a French sounding name (sorry Delryk) and then your ideas went to shit with some of the most basic uninspired suggestions possible.

My final suggestions:
1-"Shall Remain Nameless" (why the fuck not since we arent ever going to agree on anything)
2-"For Science"
3-"The Fifth Line"
4-Almost any name I proposed previously

13thStep

We are at an impasse on names, and this shit is worse than when me and Marvie used to disagree about everything.

The only one Id feel good about using that I didnt propose myself is Oshi's "The Fifth Line" other than that im not a fan of anything else you guys have come up with

Delryk - has just been trolling with most of his ideas

Mercy - to Stat's point some of yours are too abstract to be team names. I dont necessarily agree that there needs to be a noun at the end like most professional teams but most of your ideas while clever dont really work well for team names

Oshi - had some witty ones and probably is aligned closest to me on what works best, but all of his ideas were random things that dont really apply to us or our playstyle

Stat - you started off good with Les Memorables which would be great choice if I didnt have a strong preference to not have a French sounding name (sorry Delryk) and then your ideas went to shit with some of the most basic uninspired suggestions possible.

My final suggestions:
1-"Shall Remain Nameless" (why the fuck not since we arent ever going to agree on anything)
2-"For Science"
3-"The Fifth Line"

LOL, i said Hugs & Misses and Enhancement Talent. Both of which you came up, with I don't understand where I went wrong. I know the names I suggested weren't good, I didnt even vote for my own names!

I'd still go with Hugs & Misses, Enhancement Talent, For Science or Shall Remain Nameless.

LOL, i said Hugs & Misses and Enhancement Talent. Both of which you came up, with I don't understand where I went wrong. I know the names I suggested weren't good, I didnt even vote for my own names!

I'd still go with Hugs & Misses, Enhancement Talent, For Science or Shall Remain Nameless.

You went wrong when you joined this club

Edit: I thought of another club name:

Sierra Hotel India Tango

Stat!

Geez, I love you too man. ...Bitch.

My final suggestions:
2-"For Science"
3-"The Fifth Line"

Thought you hated For Science?

What if we went with your #1 option but just did "The Nameless" ....though we'll have player names? Or maybe "The Memorable Nameless"

I said I didnt mind Hugs & Misses. I thought the Synced Net Crashers was good too.

I'm also not putting Roman Reigns over on here too.

Oooh. What about "The Infighters"? Since we fight amongst ourselves. Or Maybe "The Nameless Infighters" or "The Mighty Infighters" or "The Memorable Infighters"

13thStep

What if we went with your #1 option but just did "The Nameless" ....though we'll have player names? Or maybe "The Memorable Nameless"

I said I didnt mind Hugs & Misses. I thought the Synced Net Crashers was good too.

Oooh. What about "The Infighters"? Since we fight amongst ourselves. Or Maybe "The Nameless Infighters" or "The Mighty Infighters" or "The Memorable Infighters"

Pass on Synced Net Crashers or any iteration of the Infighters. It's not like we are at each other's throats while playing.

At this point our name should just be "Generic Hockey Name" and be done with it lol.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take to come up with a name last year?

Im fine with "The Nameless" or "Nameless"

13thStep

Im fine with "The Nameless" or "Nameless"

tenor.gif

Let's do it!!!

Delryk

Is that really what ya'll have come up with after all these names?! jeeebuss.. lol

Nameless -something- atleast... lol

bastards, whiners, .. fuck even gaffers would be better.. ROFL

aight.. LETS GO NAMELESS

heehee!

(copying typical gaf posts - you know, everything's always too shit)

Top Bottom