• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 18 EASHL (Xbox One) NeoGAF Camel Toews

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dopey and I are in the room, it says there's 4 people on right now if people want to play

Marvie_3

Banned
Just a few things:

- We really need to start moving the puck sooner. The game doesnt let you skate through people anymore so we're turning the puck over a lot by not moving it when we have the opportunity.

-To the previous point, we might want to start using dump and chase a bit more. Some teams are good at walling off the blue line with positioning and poke checks and we end up turning it over. We forecheck really well so even if they beat us to the puck, we have a good chance of picking it back up. Either way, it beats turning it over at the line.

-Positioning needs some work too. We chase the puck way too much and end up with 3 or 4 players in the same spot. There was one PK I remember that all 4 players could have fit in a 3ft circle. I did a shit job of covering the slot all night and that one team burned us for the same goal 3 times. Wings should be up covering the point in our zone. Theres really no reason to ever be down by our net. Just gotta pay more attention to where we are and where we need to be.

-Defense: Its totally fine if you want to jump up into the play, just make sure its the right time. We got caught up the ice a bunch last night with no one covering. If youre moving up, make sure to say it so one of the forwards can rotate back and cover your spot.

A lot of this is just a combination of rust/new players/etc so it'll work itself out.

Red_Man

Few notes for me as well on D

- Off the face off I like to hold onto the puck and draw opposing forwards towards me so it opens up lanes for the wingers to carry it in

- Forwards don't be afraid to pass the puck back to the defence if you have 3 guys coming at you and you're other option is to force it cross ice and turn it over

- More awareness on the PK and even PP, way too many odd man rushes or breakaways against us on both occasions

Marvie_3

Banned
Bought the game. Returned it same day.

Not for me, this isn't even fun any more.
2MBVL80.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
I'll be on after the Blackhawks game tonight.

Few notes for me as well on D

- Off the face off I like to hold onto the puck and draw opposing forwards towards me so it opens up lanes for the wingers to carry it in

- Forwards don't be afraid to pass the puck back to the defence if you have 3 guys coming at you and you're other option is to force it cross ice and turn it over

- More awareness on the PK and even PP, way too many odd man rushes or breakaways against us on both occasions
Wanted to mention that 2nd point in my earlier post but forgot. Its not a big deal if we have to circle back and reset our rush. Cycling back to the D and spreading the defense out might open up gaps that werent there the first rush. Plus we dont turn it over.

One other thing about faceoffs. If we're getting tied up a lot, whichever wing is on the outside needs to come in and pick up the puck. Ive noticed a lot of the time, the other team just sits there. Should be some easy posessions for us. Plus if the other team is picking it up, we can at least slow them down.

Again, none of these are massive issues and its stuff we're pretty much all guilty of so far. Just some things we need to work on going forward.

Red_Man

Starting a new job, once I'm settled into that, I can start playing more regularly.

Add me, gamertag shawnoftheshred
I was playing HUT all last night because I didn't see any of the old Gaf team members online playing EASHL. Would've been good for a few matches for sure.

Top Bottom