• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

dem

I was more happy about the Hall deal... but this is ok too.

I'm not sure Eberle is a ppg player. I think he had a really good season..

Considering all of the RFA years these contracts are eating into, the Oilers are essentially paying Eberle and Hall $8.2 million per year for the 2 years of UFA they're getting. Not a great deal in my opinion.

dem

Considering all of the RFA years these contracts are eating into, the Oilers are essentially paying Eberle and Hall $8.2 million per year for the 2 years of UFA they're getting. Not a great deal in my opinion.

I.. Don't follow?

Where are you getting 8.2 from?

BREAKING NEWS

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/bettmans-gaffe-implies-fans-are-mere-doormats/article4496245/

Without an EP, Glenn Healy remains a free agent this summer. Healy declined to discuss his situation with Usual Suspects, but it’s known he is being courted by the competition. Mike Milbury, too, will not return to HNIC as his NBC duties take precedence. If Healy and Milbury leave, HNIC will need someone to go between the benches and to give the studio some gravitas.

GLENN HEALY AND MIKE MILBURY MIGHT BOTH LEAVE HNIC THIS YEAR.

HOLY SHIT.

I CAN WATCH HOCKEY ON CBC NOW WITHOUT HAVING AN ANEURYSM!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
BREAKING NEWS

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/bettmans-gaffe-implies-fans-are-mere-doormats/article4496245/

GLENN HEALY AND MIKE MILBURY MIGHT BOTH LEAVE HNIC THIS YEAR.

HOLY SHIT.

I CAN WATCH HOCKEY ON CBC NOW WITHOUT HAVING AN ANEURYSM!
W2Y2O.gif

Best news I've heard all summer.

JABEE

*looks at avatar*

Not sure if serious.
I was mocking the articles that came out after the Hartnell signing that chastised the Flyers and Ed Snider for the same kind of contracts that the rest of the league is using to retain players like Crosby, Neal, Hall, Eberle, etc.

Fei

I was mocking the articles that came out after the Hartnell signing that chastised the Flyers and Ed Snider for the same kind of contracts that the rest of the league is using to retain players like Crosby, Neal, Hall, Eberle, etc.

Hah, alright that makes more sense.

Slurmer

Banned
With the number of pitt games on NBC and NHLN network next season, pens fans should get a discount if they go for the center ice package

Quick

Banned
I didn't even realize that you guys had Milbury. Must never say no to a job offered.

All through last season, we've all been bitching about Milbury on HNIC.

No one, not even the HNIC analysts, takes him seriously. Anytime he would talk, they all just smile as if a kid was about to say something.

Sanjuro

All through last season, we've all been bitching about Milbury on HNIC.

No one, not even the HNIC analysts, takes him seriously. Anytime he would talk, they all just smile as if a kid was about to say something.

I wasn't aware. Barely know what HNIC means alone, so I just figured it was from the regional coverage.

He is on NESN and Versus about every night. Maybe he has a twin who is equally as dense.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I remember HNIC with PJ stock on the panel. One of the most painful hockey experiences. I still remember when he asked on live TV to be only filmed from one side because it made him look better. yes. on live tv. That was awful. The woman next to him was about as confused as I was by what was happening.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I remember HNIC with PJ stock on the panel. One of the most painful hockey experiences. I still remember when he asked on live TV to be only filmed from one side because it made him look better. yes. on live tv. That was awful. The woman next to him was about as confused as I was by what was happening.

What! :lol

Quick

Banned

PJ Stock tries to joke around, but in the setting he's in, it doesn't work. He did better when he did the quick highlights.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What! :lol

Trust me, it was bad. The game was over and they went to the panel with him and another woman, and as the camera slides by he makes a remark how good he looked in the beginning of the shot with the camera on his side. So he asks the camera man to go back and film him from the side. You'd think the joke is over then and so did the woman on his side, but he keeps insisting the camera go back to where it was because he looks better that way or sth. It.hurt.

Quick

Banned
Either I just forgot he signed with the Jets or just didn't care, but I just saw Olli Jokinen in Jets gear. Weird.

Jagr in Stars gear, also weird.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I've forgotten about most of the signings, completely forgot Roy was on the stars now too until I saw him tweet a Star hat.

Socreges

Banned
WARNING - SOCCER RELATED

So after struggling with the same injury* for 18 months, dropping down a division last season to play a single month before having to quit for another 7 months, and spending the last few months training and slowly regaining strength (I wish I had NHL doctors), beginning next week I play for a team that almost won Canada's national amateur soccer cup two years ago.

This isn't to brag so much as it demonstrates how far this team has fallen that they're now left enlisting my services. Gonna be pretty cool for me, though. Will make the lockout a lot easier to suffer.

*MRI showed that the grass stain had not broken the skin, Marvie

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
cool news soc. best of luck. and if this moutinho to spurs deal is true, we'll both be havin good soccer news days

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So the players weren't impressed with the latest CBA proposal?

Not good. Don't they make their counter-offer today?

So the players weren't impressed with the latest CBA proposal?

Not good. Don't they make their counter-offer today?

Yes, players make counter-proposal today. Daly said that if it's worth talking about, they'll work through the weekend.

Obviously if they're not working on it this weekend, then the owners consider it shit.

Cake Boss

Banned
So last time I checked the Jays were at .500 now they are 12 games under lol. WTF happened, was it another of those Toronto style meltdowns in the 2nd half of the season?

Top Bottom