• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 21 Official Reveal Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

EA SPORTS NHL 21 officially launches worldwide October 16th featuring Alexander Ovechkin as global cover athlete.

In EA SPORTS NHL 21, we’re celebrating the most creative, inventive, and fearless players. Carve your path to superstardom in an expanded Be A Pro mode and go down as one of the league’s greatest. On the ice, change up your attack with all new moves, dekes, dangles and evasive maneuvers, inspired by the league’s most groundbreaking innovators. Recognize Creativity, Recognize Revolutionary, Recognize Future, Recognize Greatness.

supernova8

Banned
For a second I thought this NHL Black Ops: Cold War.

Looks like absolute garbage. What have they even changed?

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
What I say about every sports game ever.

FIFA didn't drop PS3/360 until FIFA 20 so yeah not surprised at all. No interest in pushing any boundaries.
All because they got the exclusive license rights to the vast majority of clubs/player likenesses and then the mountains of cash were used to create Ultimate Shit.

Funny with EA's NBA where they have already lost to NBA 2K and they don't even try to compete anymore.

Ozzie666

I used to buy this every year since the first installment on the Genesis. NHL 94 was one of my favorite editions and most played games of all time. I switched to buying it on PC for years. Over the past generations I've bought 2 versions, 1 I returned and traded in very quickly. I miss the good old days and PC versions. If I could play a good version on the Switch, I'd be really happy as well. Even a modern take of 94.

nordique

No next gen version i presume?

Seems like only fifa and madden get the uograde treatment regardless

Last edited:

OutRun88

This game hit its prime back in the NHL 08-09 days.

They tried to recreate the formula with the new engine but have failed year after year.

oldergamer

Pretty much expected this. Fuck EA and the shitty dynamic difficulty being the way they balance the game. They have fucked up sports games.

Madden, nba, nhl, FIFA. All garbage for anyone but casuals.

nyr88nyg

Banned
I won’t be buying another after EA forced their bullshit political messages down my throat.

Last edited:

Södy

For a second I thought this NHL Black Ops: Cold War.

Looks like absolute garbage. What have they even changed?

Slightly better AI (more pressure in the neutral zone i.e.), new Be a Pro mode, some minor features in Franchise Mode and more Ultimate Team crap.

Be a Pro and Franchise are broken after one season.

Disgrace to the sport of hockey.

lefty1117

Gold Member
I'll tell you what, I played some of the Be A Pro mode on the trial access today, and I was really quite impressed with it. Total revamp. Looks great so far.

teezzy

Banned
I haven’t played an NHL game since Faceoff 2001, does it matter what recent NHL game I should get or just go with NHL 21?

Get NHL 21.

While NHL 13 was a major turning point in the series, it's not like they've gotten any worse since either.

No sense in playing an older iteration when 21 is damn fine... especially if you don't pick it up every year.

Top Bottom