• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

since back to backs are generally rare in modern hockey, I can guarantee the Jets will not win the Cup since they are supposed to win next season

Fox318

018x8mbnzroz.png

Parch

Oilers will battle for the Cup.
Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Calgary, and Winnipeg will battle for playoff spots. 3 or 4 will make it.
Vancouver will battle for the lottery pick.

American teams will... will... LOL. Sorry, I can't think about the United States without laughing now.

calder

I'm guessing to try to get some new members to NHL GAF, before you all scare them away.

Well you telling them that isn't helping! Just pretend we're welcoming and shit, these new idiots don't know any better!

Also, we're legit full of Leaf fans. Fire marshal said we couldn't squeeze even one more in so don't even bother.

calder

From the Athletic (sub): Jet Set: Can Patrik Laine keep converting on his shots at a superhuman rate?

Spoiler: maybe? Almost? His shooting% will likely dip (but maybe not very much) but his shot rate could easily increase if you compare him to the small handful of 18yr old rookies in recent times. Also, a bit of a surprise but his goals don't come from as far a distance as people tend to think. Much further than a guy like Stamkos though (who remains probably the best early-career comp to Laine).

Cake Boss

Banned
In all seriousness, the contract is fine. Obviously, if his performance take a nosedive, then we're hosed, but this is a pretty good contract for the best goaltender in franchise history.

He's the best goalie we ever had for sure, but pessimistically I am expecting father time to catch up to him for the next 3 years and Condom to be the next Hammond.

lol Carey with that %.914

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Well you telling them that isn't helping! Just pretend we're welcoming and shit, these new idiots don't know any better!

Also, we're legit full of Leaf fans. Fire marshal said we couldn't squeeze even one more in so don't even bother.

I'm sorry!!! D:

We're not so bad, honest.

Silexx

He's the best goalie we ever had for sure, but pessimistically I am expecting father time to catch up to him for the next 3 years and Condom to be the next Hammond.

I think the team just wants stability in net right now, which is what we get with this tandem. If we weren't going to extend Anderson, then the question becomes what other goalies are out there that will give the team equal or better goaltending and what is it going to cost?

Reckheim

Supposedly Jagr is not allowed to play for the team he owns back in the Czech Republic cause the team he is talking to wouldn't like it.

Wonder who it is.

Top Bottom