• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

LayLa

Fuck, I should have pre-ordered with Amazon.

yeh i'm in the same boat, despite assurances from them 2 weeks ago that my order would be sent out. Their twitter says "The number has been taken down as we are trying to promote our free method of contact the messaging centre", the phone service must have been a disaster for them to pull it.

I wonder who all gets "payment issues" at The Hut group with their preorder. Would they keep the people who paid most for their preorder and ditch the rest? It doesn't seem like they look at who preordered first.

With their warehouses moved to the States it'd probably be cheaper for them to serve American customers first now...

Shadow780

I ordered through forward2me, hopefully they'll still have stock.

hopefully they don't pull that shit with my MGR LE since that's a Zavvi exclusive.

You need an UK address, my pre-order of MGR was cancelled because I didn't enter an UK address.

Peagles

Oh yeah, not sure if folks are aware but apparently the banned site (shop to) won't ship the WE out of the UK. I remember someone here mentioning this as it seems they were not informing it on the site like they used to.

Kind of a dick move honestly, I don't know why they do this to their customers. It used to mention on the site that they would not ship certain items out of the UK, why would they remove it.

They do ship outside the UK. They ended up reinstating my preorder but it cost 60 pounds to ship it via international courier. Although I'm not sure if they only offered that as a sorry to the people who preordered early and then got cancelled, or if it's now a standard thing.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Thanks for the reply guys. I do have ask though:

Anyway to tell if my NA save file will work with the german WE I ordered? It'll make or break my amazon.de order

Generally you can't use a save if the game region doesn't match. So I'm almost positive the answer is no. I've read save files can be "converted" into other regions using a PC though, but I'm not sure how that works exactly.

I entered different card details and now it says Awaiting Despatch under my order status, despite getting another Payment Problem email. The card was processed, there's no option to "Resolve" this time, so I take it the payment went through? I don't know, what a hot steaming mess. Fuck you The Hut, never again. I hope I've only been charged once for this bullshit.

sortavolta

Neo Member
My copy has been in UPS limbo since the 25th. Last update has it leaving TN but nothing since. I'm growing increasingly worried. Anyone else have similar issues?

Delivery is supposedly tomorrow, so I guess all I can do is wait and see. Lord, this is unnecessarily stressful for a video game.

Moobabe

It's not much - but if we get any spare Wizard's Edition in my store I'd be happy to hold them for UK GAFfers in need of one.

Mature

Where exactly does it say that and what does it say in German?
Original German and google translation found in "my orders":
ApQKG3k.png

Original German and google translation found in "my orders":
ApQKG3k.png

Someone at CAG said that's a mistranslation, because they preordered a regular game and movie to test it, and they both said "DISCONTINUED ORDER."

It says on the Wizard's Edition page that all preorders will be fulfilled.

My copy has been in UPS limbo since the 25th. Last update has it leaving TN but nothing since. I'm growing increasingly worried. Anyone else have similar issues?

Delivery is supposedly tomorrow, so I guess all I can do is wait and see. Lord, this is unnecessarily stressful for a video game.

Mine was in TN up until some time last night (11 p.m.-ish)when I was scheduled to receive it today. Now it's out for delivery. So I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see an update till later tonight as well.

And dammit... I keep reading that Fire Emblem is out at some stores but I don't wanna leave to go hunt for it till this is in my hands.

Mature

Someone at CAG said that's a mistranslation, because they preordered a regular game and movie to test it, and they both said "DISCONTINUED ORDER."

It says on the Wizard's Edition page that all preorders will be fulfilled.
Hey I just wanted to say that

uhhhm

I love you. If that's true, anyway. I feel like DR destroyed my trust with buying anything online.

Don't worry, "Aufgegebene Bestellung" just means "Submitted order", google translation is a bit loose.
Thanks for the help!

Eusis

Damn, that giant stockpile pre-ordered? Maybe reprinting the WE proper would be cost prohibitive, but I wonder about just printing the book separately and selling that directly or through select retailers? Would likely require some relatively minor modifications to be sold as a standalone book, but still.

Mine is supposed to come in today, with the prices It's going for on ebay I'm going to feel sick opening it. Must resist urge to be a horrible person!

Top Bottom