• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

Beren

Well, my PS3 froze during the download of the 16GB file so I had to unplug it, and I assume that's the reason why it got corrupted. But yeah, it was pretty crappy. Fortunately, the second try worked fine and the game works now.

Oh ty now i feel better :)
And you can start playing! i hope you all have fun much :)
3% of 16Gb lol >.<

Dinosur

Because you're getting little to no assistance on what to do/where to go? This is the stuff I need to know before I really dive in tonight. The Prima guide wont get to me until the 30th-31st. Obviously I have you guys, but when I need an immediate answer, GAF isn't always there unfortunatley =/

NPCs that are part of sidequests have a different color on the mini-map than regular people. As for the main story quest, there's a big star that shows you where the next objective is located.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Hmm, still no email confirming shipment of my Wizard's Edition. Did anyone else get an email? Hopefully it comes soon, even though I'm on the other side of the country from Namco Bandai. I did manage to pick up the guide when I went to GameStop last nite... damn I am sooooo wanting to play this.

havocau

Neo Member
Ah poop, just got past the mushroom growing bit and got to the save point, clicked save and bam locked up :(

Now I gotta do that all again, grr >_<

jwk94

Because you're getting little to no assistance on what to do/where to go? This is the stuff I need to know before I really dive in tonight. The Prima guide wont get to me until the 30th-31st. Obviously I have you guys, but when I need an immediate answer, GAF isn't always there unfortunatley =/

Well, kinda. With the sidequest, they give you what you're supposed to do, then you have to go find it. Thre isnt' a blip unless you get close to the NPC, then their icon starts blinking on the mini map. Otherwise, you're on your own. Fetch quests are somewhat of a hassle since I'm being told to go to a location to find X item, then I arrive in that location but can't find it.

Speaking of which, can somebody show me where the traveler's
journal
is? thanks.

Mr. Hyde

American dub it is, then! I think I will start the game on easy because I am not really playing it for challenging gameplay. I am in for the story, charm of the characters and world exploration. I am ready for this! Although, I will end up starting over when my girlfriend gets home from work.

mattp

Anyone else turn the star guide off?

first thing i did haha
i actually hit select to hide the mini map too. i only like it on for the world map

quick thought:
was anyone else a little disappointed when they first went to the other world and the camera went from the static overhead view in motorville to behind the back 3rd person view?
i was so psyched when the game first started and i thought it was gonna have an old style rpg camera. oh well

Wunder

Well, kinda. With the sidequest, they give you what you're supposed to do, then you have to go find it. Thre isnt' a blip unless you get close to the NPC, then their icon starts blinking on the mini map. Otherwise, you're on your own. Fetch quests are somewhat of a hassle since I'm being told to go to a location to find X item, then I arrive in that location but can't find it.

Speaking of which, can somebody show me where the traveler's
journal
is? thanks.

It is where he says it is.
go outside of ding song dell and northwest, you should see a river/pond type deal. Somewhere along the river will be an island with two trees on it, go on it an you should get a "!" around there.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Are people playing the American dub or the Japanese? I am thinking of going with the American voices so my girlfriend can listen while she does other things but I am curious on how good the dub is.

Having just watched some videos of the English version... it's a much better job than the Japanese VA for sure. It helps that the backdrop of the real world is pretty much 1950s America. Honestly, the only good voice acting in the Japanese version was Shizuku/Drippy (the fairy companion you have). The other characters were pretty shit.

Thank you guys so much guys........

=================================

Well.... 4 hours in the game now, the best description I can give?

Imagine being on a very strict diet for a VERY VERY VERY long time... while you have been craving a burger all the time.

Then.... you have the best damn juicy and delicious burger you ever tested in a VERY VERY VERY long time!

This how playing Ni No Kuni feels.... it's THAT good.

Hey man, just FYI, you made the Wired Ni No Kuni review :)

I read a commenter on the NeoGAF message boards analogize playing Ni no Kuni to going on a strict diet for five years, then eating a cheeseburger. I couldn’t agree more.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Only played up to the deep dark woods. This is the type of JRPG you'd like to stay at home and play all day, like back in the day.

Derrick01

Banned
Man I was so ready to start really getting into this today and just as I was about to start this tree company arrives next door and starts cutting down the ton of trees in the nearby lot, generating an ungodly amount of noise.

I think I get the message now :\

bryehn

On one of the first errands...are all 3 kids within the town? I've only found one. Unless they spawned in places I've already been after triggering the errand?

Andrew.

Banned
Man I was so ready to start really getting into this today and just as I was about to start this tree company arrives next door and starts cutting down the ton of trees in the nearby lot, generating an ungodly amount of noise.

I think I get the message now :\

How do you dislike it so far? =P

On one of the first errands...are all 3 kids within the town? I've only found one. Unless they spawned in places I've already been after triggering the errand?

there are stairs on the side of one of the building, beside the shop where you got your costume.

If you found one, you've already triggered it. The other ones are in odd locations, one for example is
in one of the stores.

lantus

Just picked this up at target, they seemed to have a good number of copies. Also just realized this was the first game purchase I paid full price for in a very very long time, $65! Damn it stings. Still can't wait to jump into this when I get the chance. :)

jiggle

amazing soundtrack
i may actually play the whole thing without mute

check in doors, and zone2 of the town

Has everybody who ordered from Amazon gotten the pre-order DLC yet? I want my griffin!

Haven't received my Giffy DLC code yet either.

I'm also trying to stay strong and not crack the seal on this SE while I wait for Wizard Edition to arrive. But reading this thread makes it really tempting to do so.

Beckx

Well, I'm quite taken with the game. Tidy.

If they'd just written "Imagine if Namco hired Level 5 and Studio Ghibli to make The Talisman meets Stardust Crusaders, plus a weird Welsh guy" I'd never had hesitated on buying it.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
You're better off popping in something like Chrono Trigger, FFVI or the first Lunar. They're more suitable for the amount of epicness you will experience.

True, but CT is one of my favorite games of all time, and I've beaten it once a year for going on 15 years now. I'm saving my playthrough of CT for a little later in the year.

Also, I don't want to burn myself out too bad. I enjoy Rogue Galaxy, but never beat it thanks to my PS3 dying and losing my game saves. I forgot how much I enjoy it, and also, how hard it can be.

Ni No Kuni is going to be a treat this weekend!

Doombear

Are people playing the American dub or the Japanese? I am thinking of going with the American voices so my girlfriend can listen while she does other things but I am curious on how good the dub is.
Looks like you already made your choice, but I think you will find it was a good one. Someone posted a day or so ago that they found the English to be much more engrossing than the Japanese, and so I gave the English a shot. I hadn't planned to. I am finding the English VA to be wonderful so far, with no complaints. I really expected Drippy to get on my nerves, but he is far and away my favorite so far. His speech is wonderful.

Anyone else turn the star guide off?
Absolutely. So happy someone mentioned it was possible to do so before I even had my copy. It was the first thing I did. It has made things a bit of a scavenger hunt at times as the game was clearly created with the guide meaning to be used though. By that I mean there are very few directional cues in text so far for me. No, "Oh it is up north! Beyond the mountains!" type dialogue, which I assume is because they know that the star will just lead you there.

Turning it off brings back the excitement of the old days, of having to wander just a bit too far the wrong way and getting spanked to death for my troubles.

This game is the first game in a very long time that I have found myself counting the workday hours down, in anticipation of getting back to it.

I did initially, but it can make things really difficult. It's too bad, cuz it makes certain quests way too easy if it's on, and others way too difficult when it's off.

I doubt I'll be able to keep it off forever. I've been able to maintain it so far and I just finished Ding Dong Dell, but once they stop explaining to me where I need to look for things I'll probably turn it back on.

I doubt I'll be able to keep it off forever. I've been able to maintain it so far and I just finished Ding Dong Dell, but once they stop explaining to me where I need to look for things I'll probably turn it back on.

Yeah, I don't think I wanna turn that off. I do press select to turn the minimap off, though. Pressing R1 when I get lost is good enough.

Anyone know how big the total download size is from PSN? I'm downloading the 6gb file now, but I see people saying there's a 16gb file too? Need to figure out how much space to clear from my HDD so it downloads automatically with no problem once released on the EU servers.

Top Bottom