• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered announced for PS4, PC alongside original version for Switch

Mista

Banned

Publisher Bandai Namco and Level-5 have announced Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered for PlayStation 4 and PC, and Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch for Switch. Both titles will launch on September 20.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered is an enhanced version of the 2013-released RPG featuring upgraded graphics, while the non-remastered Switch version is a port of the original release. Here are the details, via Bandai Namco:
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered on PlayStation 4 and PC features brilliant new visual enhancements, letting PlayStation 4 players enjoy the game at 1080p resolution and with a super-smooth frame rate of 60 frames per second. PlayStation 4 Pro users can also opt for true 4K resolution at 30 frames per second, or 1440p at 60 frames per second.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch on Nintendo Switch is the first handheld iteration of the acclaimed title, letting Switch players experience the game in 720p resolution at 30 frames per second in TV mode at home, or in handheld mode on-the-go. The game retains its original dynamic fight system, combining real-time action and turn-based tactical elements, as well as the dozens of locations and hundreds of creatures that comprise the vast universe of Ni no Kuni.

Originally developed by Level-5, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch’s story unfolds through animation storyboarded and created by the legendary Studio Ghibli, with music composed by award-winning musician Joe Hisaishi. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch tells the charming yet tragic story of Oliver, a young boy who embarks on a journey to another world in the hope of bringing back his mother following a tragic incident. With a copy of the Wizard’s Companion in hand and his pal Drippy by his side, Oliver must traverse exotic lands to tame familiars, take on malevolent foes, and overcome the countless challenges that stand between him and his mother’s salvation.
Gematsu

Last edited:

BunzLee

Great. I never got to play NNK and I have always wanted to. Looks like releasing the remastered version for PC will finally tip me over to give it a try. Good thing this E3 actually got me back into playing through my back catalogue.

clem84

Gold Member
So resolution and framerate is the extent of how its being remastered? I guess it's better than nothing. I don't have PS4 PRO so I'm debating whether to get this on Switch for portability or PS4. I'll probably go for Switch.

D-Dude

This is great news, played the ps3 version but never played it much due to other games and life. Will dev pick this up.

93xfan

Banned
It better be cheap and/or rebalanced due to the grindy and slow sections.

Already bought it on PS3.

Evilms

Banned
package_ps4.jpg
package_switch.jpg

Portugeezer

Is Ni No Kuni 2 a direct sequel or can it be played standalone? I have a copy but don't know if I should way for this remaster first.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Has there been any word on whether or not they've improved the partner AI?! That Starey Mary bitch was so stupid that it completely ruined the game for me.

Teslerum

Is Ni No Kuni 2 a direct sequel or can it be played standalone? I have a copy but don't know if I should way for this remaster first.

Can be played standalone.

That's actually why I don't like 2 that much (well in a very distant sense) as I found 2 kinda betrayed the themes of 1 and made NNK's world a lot less interesting. Though, that's me. Anyway, play in any order you want, doesn't really matter.

Man, that I would feel nostalgia for a 5 year old game... This was the first and last review copy I ever got for PS3 and (though I never made it to the end) this game sat with me... the animation, the music, the kitsch story. I think, I will buy it for PC just for the memories... I will never find the time to complete it...

God this is one of my favourite games of all time. Never did finish it in the end. Getting it for Switch day one! With this and the new DQ coming out so close to each other, along side some other already stellar JRPG titles that are a must own, the Switch is becoming a fantastic system just for the JRPGS alone!

Last edited:
Unfortunately I got stuck on a difficult part of the game and I was at uni at the time, life just got in the way! I meant to pick it back up but never did! I got really far in though, and I'm a massive fan of Studio Ghilbi and Joe Hisaishi, so this game is just incredible for that reason alone.

Top Bottom