• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni-Oh gameplay (PS4) - It's Dark Souls x Onimusha x Ninja Gaiden

poodaddy

So down to play as Samurai Geralt. Game looks like a fast paced Dark Souls, and that's a very fucking good thing.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
The important thing to consider is that it is a new IP influenced by all of those games, but does not seem to be a cheap pastiche of either of them. That in itself is really damn cool, not something you see every year.

Totally agree. It's early to say, of course, but so far I think it looks like it will have its own feel and combat style not directly cloned from any of its influences.

slade

I'm buying this mainly because it is the sort of game that I've been craving ever since I played Genji 2 back in 2007. But I also want to support the title on the off-chance it does well enough worldwide to make Capcom consider releasing another Onimusha or even HD remasters of the original four games.

ZhugeEX

Banned
I'm buying this mainly because it is the sort of game that I've been craving ever since I played Genji 2 back in 2007. But I also want to support the title on the off-chance it does well enough worldwide to make Capcom consider releasing another Onimusha or even HD remasters of the original four games.

This game doesn't have giant enemy crabs (that I know of)

Philippo

I wonder if the game, being an ARPG, will have moments where you don't fight and just explore/interact with NPCs, and if it'll have a well fleshed out story.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The orbs and setting give off a bit of Ninja Gaiden vibe but the gameplay seems more akin to Souls than NG.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Amazing, still unparalleled when it comes to action games. Ninja Gaiden was on a whole other level.

Hope Ni-Oh is a return to form.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Oh wow. I just found the post I made when someone on the inside told me that Ni-Oh was coming back to PS4 to be announced at TGS. (Except he told me 2 years too early haha)

recently last year I spoke to someone who said the project had moved to PS4 and was still alive.

The post- http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=78135757&postcount=29

Of course I backtracked fairly quickly once I realised I couldn't prove it other than what someone told me.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Not a fan of the animation, looks somewhat stiff. Regardless, finally a game that seems to try the souls formula with a different take/flavor. Hype rising.

Top Bottom