• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nicalis teasing a Binding of Isaac amiibo

All for third party amiibos, could have chosen a better pose though.

As others have said a Cave Story set would be delightful.

I basically came here to say the same thing! Give me a Cave Story Amiibo and I'll buy it in an instant! I'm not really feeling Issac, but I'm sure there are some people who would buy it.

No, but can I just have the actual game released in Europe already, please? K thx.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

(Today, 04:00 PM)

I know there's a Bayonetta amiibo but IDK. Didn't Nintendo prevent BoI from coming out on the Wii due to the content or something? Now they're gonna make an amiibo? lol

sackninja

That looks awful.

As an aside, I was showing my brother the Switch eShop and he couldn't believe the game was $40 (to be clear, he loves it).

Is it worth $40? Never played it before.

I have a thousand hours between all the versions of Isaac (original, rebirth, afterbirth and +). It is my second favorite game of all time, every run manages to be different even after all that time. There is almost endless depth to the game. So yes it is worth it.

Nosgotham

the same type of mundane shit amiibos do in BOTW.
refill your health, give you a few random pickups or items... who cares.
I'd buy one, but the clay mockup looks like trash

Wtf? The 30th anniversary Zelda amiibo give you bad was shit. Wtf are you talking about?

RedToad64

I don't think Nintendo would be happy with Isaac being part of the official amiibo brand.

I could still see it getting a release with the NFC chip and all, but definitely not under the amiibo name. Nintendo is very protective of it.

LordKano

I don't think Nintendo would be happy with Isaac being part of the official amiibo brand.

I could still see it getting a release with the NFC chip and all, but definitely not under the amiibo name. Nintendo is very protective of it.

Why ? I don't get that argument.
It will definitely be part of the amiibo brand.

Why in the hell would they mould the mouth outwards in 3D space. Either do it right by having it go into his sphere head or just use a 2D graphic.

They should make cave story amiibo instead

24b0d247b54c8d3d6576409eb131eb9a.jpg

Thank you, now you have made me want something that is unlikely to happen.

the same type of mundane shit amiibos do in BOTW.
refill your health, give you a few random pickups or items... who cares.
I'd buy one, but the clay mockup looks like trash

I mean I would buy one too, but the pitch without actually saying what it would add is dumb.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't understand these amiboo things.

They're like knockoff figurines that aren't Funko for people who really want to collect merch but can't drop $60 on a GoodSmile figure.

1upsuper

Frankly I'm confused why some posters are so concerned about Nintendo's branding and image. The whole point of the consistent branding is to get people in the door - for most of us, we're already locked inside the house. If Nintendo deems it fit to sign off on an Isaac amiibo, then so be it. I know I'll definitely pick it up.

ghibli99

Not if it looks like that, but something more iconic and higher quality? Absolutely.

Also, BoI is the only game I've bought for the Switch... and I don't have a Switch yet. Put lots of time into the Vita version, but nowhere near the number of hours some of y'all have pumped into this!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Why doesn't everyone in EU just purchase from the NA eShop if you want the game so bad? Wasn't region free a big feature when Switch was released?

the joke was that my nintendo switch is taking a while to get delivered. As an aside, workarounds are nice, but being that I have to sign up to 90 bullshit websites a week, doing some kind of weird account workaround to get a game from a foreign region is appreciated, but kind of a head scratcher. I mean.... why not just let people purchase it with an EU account?

Eolz

Why doesn't everyone in EU just purchase from the NA eShop if you want the game so bad? Wasn't region free a big feature when Switch was released?

Because it's a lazy excuse when you can release games in multiple regions digitally easily nowadays, and when the game would still have the same language options anyway.
Region free was a bigger deal about JP games tbh.

I would definitely buy an Isaac amiibo, but please note that Nicalis has also teased Quote figurines multiple times that never came to fruition. So take this as a grain of salt until the moment it has an official release date.

Also please, god, make the mouth concave rather than convex, it looks awful in that picture.

Top Bottom