• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nicalis teasing a Binding of Isaac amiibo

LordKano

https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/854785734883987456
What's that? You really want an #amiibo from The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ on #NintendoSwitch?
C9zO8DcVoAAZREc.jpg

I'm wondering what it would even do that wouldn't be kind of stupid and unfun.

Like spawning some coins or a couple hearts might seem benign, but there are runs I've had where I desperately needed a single coin and tried squeezing every possible resource out of the map to get it. Or I could tap my Isaac amiibo and get a free nickel!

I don't even own the Switch Isaac, I'm a PC player, and I'd buy this instantly

I doubt Nintendo would have a fetus be an Amiibo.

Isaac isn't a fetus, he's a little kid.

entremet

I'm wondering what it would even do that wouldn't be kind of stupid and unfun.

Like spawning some coins or a couple hearts might seem benign, but there are runs I've had where I desperately needed a single coin and tried squeezing every possible resource out of the map to get it. Or I could tap my Isaac amiibo and get a free nickel!

I don't even own the Switch Isaac, I'm a PC player, and I'd buy this instantly

Isaac isn't a fetus, he's a little kid.
Yeah, isn't it based on the Biblical narrative in Genesis lol.

I had this thought, after thinking about my Shovel Knight amiibo.

However, Shovel Knight is something that makes perfect sense for Nintendo to get behind. Binding of Isaac... Well, that doesn't fit the Nintendo brand quite as well.

I'd rather have an amiibo where you can customize your Issac with any of the pick up items from in the game! Granted, that'd be like a couple million combinations or something.

That looks awful.

As an aside, I was showing my brother the Switch eShop and he couldn't believe the game was $40 (to be clear, he loves it).

Is it worth $40? Never played it before.

I'd rather have an amiibo where you can customize your Issac with any of the pick up items from in the game! Granted, that'd be like a couple million combinations or something.

Random item and haircut Eden blind bag amiibo!

That looks awful.

As an aside, I was showing my brother the Switch eShop and he couldn't believe the game was $40.

I'm rounding out almost 200 hours and I'm only 87% done with the game on Steam. Once the game clicks with you, you can play it for hours at a time and not even notice.

It's also great for people who like goal oriented games, since you can go for very specific things in the game and have a clear goal in mind every time you play it.

rhandino

Banned
tell us how you really feel

I think he did.

And I think quite a lot of people feel the same considering that one thread and some of the post responses here~

Anyway! I think the crying on the floor pose would be better if they intend to do an Isaac amiibo, more iconic.

That looks awful.

As an aside, I was showing my brother the Switch eShop and he couldn't believe the game was $40.

There are few games of this kind that are as satisfying to play, have this amount of depth, and provide the amount of content Isaac does-- the included DLC really goes a long way, too, and helps explain why the price is seemingly high.

If it was $60, I would have bought it in a heartbeat-- I don't disagree with people thinking the price is high, even at $40 but once you put time into it your perspective will likely change.

That's not Dr. Fetus. That's just Isaac--a crying, naked kid.

Of sorry. I guess I got them confused. I only played a bit of both years ago.

That makes it possible. But I still wonder if Nintendo wouldn't be weary of having a crying, naked small child as part of their Amiibo line. Especially with the stories and themes of a game like Isaac.

Hindl

That looks awful.

As an aside, I was showing my brother the Switch eShop and he couldn't believe the game was $40 (to be clear, he loves it).

This version has all the DLC, which if you were to get on steam comes out to about $40 anyway. The problem is if you just want the base game it's so much cheaper elsewhere

Zubz

Banned
Nothing against the game, but it's not my first pick for a kid-friendly toyline. I mean, Bayonetta's getting one now, but it's explicitly for her role in an E10 game.

Plus, IIRC, aren't Team Meat super love/hate with Nintendo? Like, demanding Meat Boy be in Brawl as DLC because they love Nintendo & believe themselves to be quintessential to their crossover after refusing to release the actual game on their system? After using an ablist slur & bashing episodic games to do so no less?

Nothing against the game, but it's not my first pick for a kid-friendly toyline. I mean, Bayonetta's getting one now, but it's explicitly for her role in an E10 game.

Plus, IIRC, aren't Team Meat super love/hate with Nintendo? Like, demanding Meat Boy be in Brawl as DLC because they love Nintendo & believe themselves to be quintessential to their crossover after refusing to release the actual game on their system? After using an ablist slur & bashing episodic games to do so no less?

None of that means anything when money is involved.

Tyeforce

An Isaac amiibo before a Quote amiibo, really Nicalis? =| And if this really is a thing that gets released, it will probably sell poorly and then Nicalis won't bother trying to make a Cave Story amiibo afterwards anyway...

All for third party amiibos, could have chosen a better pose though.

As others have said a Cave Story set would be delightful.

Top Bottom