• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nick Offerman (Ron Swanson) has joined The Last of Us HBO show cast

kyliethicc

Ron Swanson Smile GIF

From an interview with actor Murray Bartlett, who is also cast in the show.

Q - "Next up is The Last of Us, HBO’s post-apocalyptic drama based on the video game. What can you tell us about it?"

A - "It’s co-created by Craig Mazin, who did Chernobyl. The scripts he’s written blew my head off. It’s an epic show, but beautifully human and intimate. We filmed it in Calgary. A lot of my scenes are with Nick Offerman. Playing off him was awesome."

edit - He's playing Bill. They recast.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/last-of-us-hbo-series-cast-nick-offerman-bill-1235128002/

Nick-Offerman-Last-of-Us.jpg

“The Last of Us” series at HBO has tapped Nick Offerman to play Bill in a recasting.

Con O’Neill had previously been announced for the guest starring role, but according to an individual with knowledge of the situation, he was forced to bow out of the show due to a scheduling conflict. Offerman will appear as Bill alongside Murray Bartlett as Frank, two post-pandemic survivalists living alone in their own isolated town.

Not sure why they didn't get W Earl Brown, who voice Bill in the game, and already has worked with HBO before on Deadwood.

Could be scheduling conflict, could be anything really.

It's why people probably shouldn't certain casting atleast without seeing how it turns out.

There might be a million reasons why a certain actors or actresses couldn't be got.

Hell even though I'm very unsure of Bella for Ellie a lot of the other suggestions are people who are like 25 so I would fail to see how that would work as well.

I

cormack12

Gold Member

The Last of Us’ Nick Offerman Casting Makes Sense (But It’s Problematic)​

.....while the casting is perfect for the character, it is also potentially problematic.

Offerman’s well-established talent for playing cantankerous characters who are sometimes stoic and at other times aggressive in an understated and impatient way (see: Parks and Recreation). However, in the video game of The Last of Us, Bill is clearly gay. While it is only a small aspect of a well-developed character, Nick Offerman’s casting as Bill plays into the longstanding issues of apparently straight actors taking on queer roles. At its worst, this can lead to stereotyped or offensive portrayals of the LGBTQ+ community, but even at its best, it prevents a queer actor from receiving an LGBTQ+ role and being a part of their own community’s representation.

frustrated the emperors new groove GIF

Yoboman

The Last of Us’ Nick Offerman Casting Makes Sense (But It’s Problematic)​

.....while the casting is perfect for the character, it is also potentially problematic.

Offerman’s well-established talent for playing cantankerous characters who are sometimes stoic and at other times aggressive in an understated and impatient way (see: Parks and Recreation). However, in the video game of The Last of Us, Bill is clearly gay. While it is only a small aspect of a well-developed character, Nick Offerman’s casting as Bill plays into the longstanding issues of apparently straight actors taking on queer roles. At its worst, this can lead to stereotyped or offensive portrayals of the LGBTQ+ community, but even at its best, it prevents a queer actor from receiving an LGBTQ+ role and being a part of their own community’s representation.

frustrated the emperors new groove GIF
Im at the point where I think these idiots don't believe any of this shit, its just an easy click bait headline.

Top Bottom