• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nick Robinson (Polygon) involved in sexual harassment allegations [Suspended]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowlie

Banned
For every tweet linked in this post, there's more information in the user's thread and the responses

---

EDIT 4: Another report from a different person, someone who was his fan and 18 at the time.
Her account is locked now but she has given me permission to post this.

vLC19kf.png

l3tknEk.png

Py4Zq7L.png

--------------------------------------------------

EDIT 3: Chris Grant and Griffin McElroy from Polygon, minutes ago

EDIT 2: Ben also weighed in on the matter:

EDIT 1: The Curious Cat answer found below mentions "so many gaming writers passive-aggressively subtweeting his comment about jacking it to Krystal". Such comment comes from this tweet months ago:

Look at the replies and check the same people who were against that then and are talking about this now

To give context to this, this week Digital Foundry did a video on Overcooked's Switch port, showing its poor frame rate; I assume there's a thread here about it already.

The day before yesterday, Nick Robinson, former Giant Bomb intern and currently Video Producer at Polygon, tweeted an uncool joke about the situation, making fun of the devs for trying to make this right:

Then yesterday, this tweet came out of nowhere and started a long discussion:

From that, tweets from multiple people in games or that know people in games continued:

Click to read the entire thread

Click the link in the tweet to read the entire answer

Outside Polygon, Nick does (or did, given the tweets below?) a podcast called "Podburglars" with other two former Giant Bomb interns Matt Kessler and Ben Pack.

This came from Matt between yesterday during that time and a few minutes ago:

I saw a few people either deleting their tweets or locking their account to protect themselves. There are no screencaps, no hard proof, but it's a lot of folks coming from different places to take all that as a lie. I hope you understand why people don't want to put themselves out there:

This might fall on deaf ears, but please do not bother these people because at best you won't get any answers and at worst you'll make their day harder.
Still, I chose to make this thread because it should be known that this asshole is probably doing this for a while and scaring these people into silence.

He also has not tweeted since this discourse started.

You know something about this guy's act always seemed a bit off and made me feel really uncomfortable (the way he constantly infantilizes himself for example), so if this is true I'm somehow not surprised. This is pretty horrifying though, wow. Hopefully Polygon and everyone else involved can get some action taken about this to investigate.

georly

Oh no, this breaks my heart because i'm a huge fan of his content. I'll read into all of this, it's gonna take me some time to process. Thank you for making me aware.

LordKano

Holy crap, I follow his work since a long ass time. Gotta find new podcasters now.
And here Polygon lost the tiny little scrap that made me check their youtube channel sometimes.

The_Kid

It was weird seeing this develop this morning on my Twitter. It still feels very hush hush rumor-esque so far. Like nothing specific is described.

ajjow

I didnt understand that phrase

If he wasnt in every women DMs.. what does the mean!? Im not from a english native country.

Fuck him. More people need to speak up this shit.

Seriously, a motherfucking video producer given the power to sexually harass game industry employees is ridiculously ridiculous.

Fuck him...

this is extremely disappointing and i really feel for all the people both directly affected by this and all the fans of his content who feel betrayed by him

absolutely no excuse

I was out last night but at one point just glanced at Twitter and saw Gita Jackson's tweets but I didn't have the context at all and actually thought something had happened to her.

It's unfortunate and infuriating that not just in this industry, but culturally women feel they can't truly open up publicly about stuff like this because of the lengths piece of shit go to make their lives hell.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
As a big fan of both him and his brother's work this is one bitter pill to swallow
If you're talking about Griffin, they're not brothers?
Edit: if you're reading this, I've been corrected over four times I think. No need to quote again.

In retrospect, the Frem Frequency reaction and other industry women's to Nick's tweet about Krystal makes SO much more sense.

This is a damn shame. There might not be criminal activity here, but Nick's behavior benefits from exploiting the murkiness of the lines between networking, friendship and sexual harassment.

If he wasnt in every women DMs.. what does the mean!? Im not from a english native country.

"In someone's DMs" means that you were private messaging them.

On twitter, you are usually only able to DM someone if they follow you and you also follow them. The implication of the phrase is that someone is using their status/renown to privately get to know people, often a lot of different people at once and in a sexual context.

In retrospect, the Frem Frequency reaction and other industry women's to Nick's tweet about Krystal makes SO much more sense.

This is a damn shame. There might not be criminal activity here, but Nick's behavior benefits from exploiting the murkiness of the lines between networking, friendship and sexual harassment.

That was definitely one of the big red flags that really gave me this creepy vibe surrounding him. That and all the weird diaper shit.

"sliding into DMs" is a colloquial way of saying that he sent unsolicited private messages to people, apparently the content of those messages was pretty gross

Squire

Banned
Polygon was a motherfuckin mistake

Nick predates Polygon and this behavior probably does as well. I'm curious how many of them knew/didn't know. Kinda doubt too many were in the dark. Kessler is pretty adjacent (or seems to be, from the outside looking in), so I buy that this has blindsided him.

The absolute gall to build a brand around being actively inclusive towards women and LGBT folks and then turn around and use that rep to prey on women. Fuuuuck

It was weird seeing this develop this morning on my Twitter. It still feels very hush hush rumor-esque so far. Like nothing specific is described.

Yeah, there's really not much you can do aside from wait for more information to come out.

In this case though it seems like there are enough examples where he seems like a real piece of garbage.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
I want to say I'm shocked but I'm not. At least it's out there now and this shithead can get what he deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom