• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nick Suttner Leaves PlayStation

eFKac

A lot of indie champions leaving Sony lately, big shoes to fill in for their replacements!

Thank you for your work Nick!

Raylan

Banned
Hey guys, I'm on my phone on shitty motel wifi so I'll keep this short for now, but wanted to say thanks a million for all of the love in this thread - especially from those whom I've worked with and those who've known me since the 1UP days. I'm on GAF every day of my life, even I don't post very often, so it means a lot to be appreciated here. More to come!

Dude, you're awesome! You did some awesome things at Team PlayStation. Gonna miss you there ;( But I wish you all the best, man. You deserve it :)

LestradeTGQ

Neo Member
Nick is the reason that I was able to launch Home on PlayStation, and the guy who got Alone With You as a PlayStation exclusive — he's a real go-getter, and worked hard as hell for independent devs! He will be missed.

Not to worry, though — the indie team over there are still great! I'm working with some wonderful people.

Loomer

I hope he ends up somewhere cool. He was the reason I started listening to the Blogcast when it started, always liked the dude since the EGM days.

Suzzopher

Thanks for getting N++ to us Nick, still my second favourite game on PS4 (Resogun still number 1) good luck in the future.

MrS

Banned
This guy was responsible for bringing n++ to PS4 so I thank him for that. Good luck Nick!

Edit: beaten by the big homie Suzzopher. Glad to see some appreciation for that sublime game, my 2015 GOTY

graywolf323

Hey guys, I'm on my phone on shitty motel wifi so I'll keep this short for now, but wanted to say thanks a million for all of the love in this thread - especially from those whom I've worked with and those who've known me since the 1UP days. I'm on GAF every day of my life, even I don't post very often, so it means a lot to be appreciated here. More to come!

your work at Sony is going to be missed :(

One of my favorite regulars on the original 1up show. This guy introduced me to so many games that I now love, and even made me want to get into games journalism throughout high school. I still remember him fighting for stuff like Braid and flower back then. A great 2015 moment was seeing him on stage at the Sony event, lol.

Best of luck, Nick! Can't wait to see what you do next.

Carl

Man, this guy always came across as really kond enthusiastic and genuine. Devs he worked with always spoke so highly of him as evident in this thread. I'm sure you'll end up somewhere awesome, but good luck Nick

V_Ben

Banned
Man, the dude really helped raise the profile of so many devs, and was such a champion for the little guy. I guess something super cool came up!

Azriell

How have I never been made aware of this podcast, or the fact that Nick Suttner was on there? Since Garnett left podcasting I haven't really been following any, but I probably would have subbed to this if i had known.

Gusto

How have I never been made aware of this podcast, or the fact that Nick Suttner was on there? Since Garnett left podcasting I haven't really been following any, but I probably would have subbed to this if i had known.

The Blogcast was great back when Comander Rubenstien was there and then he left and so did I.

Mexen

Good luck, man. Wishing you the very best.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Curious to see what he does next. He was great during the 1UP days, and I'm sure he did some important work at Sony for the indies. Saw his name in a bunch of credits in 'special thanks' over the years, Axiom Verge is just one I remember.

Thank you for all you did while at PlayStation.

Dammit Nick! Who's now going to go through Sid's Amazon groceries?

Sulik2

Get back on RebelFM!

Nick has joined Oculus.

bIL7thr.png

entremet

what the... he's doing basically the same job but for occulus instead of playstation? o_O i wonder why he switched

Better opportunity.

Bored.

Change.

Wants a new challenge.

New company culture.

People change jobs for many reason even if its the same position.

RexNovis

Banned
Oculus sure is poaching a lot of talent from other Developers and Publishers. They must be floating some crazy $$$ people's way.

Oculus sure is poaching a lot of talent from other Developers and Publishers. They must be floating some crazy $$$ people's way.

Yup. He did a good job with indies at PlayStation. I hope this doesn't lead to him signing too many exclusive deals for Oculus Rift. I want to see some PSVR indie games, too!

Top Bottom