• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nickelodeon All Star Brawl - PS5 Gameplay

rubhen925

Yo people of Neogaf. Got a chance to check this game out today. Here's some info and impressions:

- PS5 Install size is 4.56 GB as of version 1.000.002
- PR mentioned it's 4K 60FPS. No word on native or dynamic. Needs confirmation. I noticed no drops of frames during gameplay in 4K mode.
- No in game HDR settings.
- In fact the settings are pretty barren. The only settings you can adjust are for audio. that's it
- There are 20 characters. Apparently 2 more on the way.
- 20 stages to play on
- No voice acting in this. Only the announcer speaks. Disappointing
- No supers or anything. You have basic attacks (X Button), heavy attacks (Circle Button), Special attacks (Square), Jump (Traingle), Block (R2), air dodge (R2 in air), and grab (R2 + X), also L1 does taunts
- The characters all feel floaty. I haven't played smash in years but each character was either light, medium or heavy. None of that here.
- each character does have their own unique moves and attacks. But I didn't really gel with any except Korra. But that's me.
- Arcade mode is pretty barren, You fight a couple fights and it ends. No endings, or cutscenes. Nothing. You get rewards such as gallery items and unlockable stuff for that character you beat the arcade with.
- AI is pretty cheap most of the time. They will dodge perfectly most of the time and counter.
- There is an online mode where you can choose a server and host private lobbies to play with friends and invite them.
- Lastly you can play local matches which can be either stock lives or timed.
- you also have a sports mode which includes some sports balls that you can use in fights.

That's pretty much it really. Other than nostalgia for these childhood characters, not sure if its worth the 66.99$ asking price in Canada. It's fun in doses as I did enjoy some matches with a friend. But after an hour I stopped. Decent party game, but not worth that price. Maybe half price would be better.

IDK this is a hard one and is very subjective. let me know what you guys think.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I've got the game for XBox Series X and am enjoying it after remapping the controls a bit. There is apparently much more content on the way, such as fighters and quality of life additions. I think it's going to be great. :)

rubhen925

I've got the game for XBox Series X and am enjoying it after remapping the controls a bit. There is apparently much more content on the way, such as fighters and quality of life additions. I think it's going to be great. :)
That's good to hear. I just remapped the controls and my gameplay improved like 10 times lol. But more content coming is what I wanted to hear

MiguelItUp

Honestly, after watching this for a bit, sure there's some jank, but that's to be expected I mean it's a small dev. That being said there's quite a bit of promise as well, as well as much more content! I'm curious to see how the devs support it in the future. There's clearly some things that need to be fixed and balanced. I saw that you can get it on PC for $30-$35 USD and honestly for that much I thought about biting...

Last edited:

Fbh

Shame they didn't give them a bigger budget, looks rather bland.
No voices is disappointing, and the movesets seem pretty basic too. For a character that can control the 4 elements and coming from a show with nice stylish combat, Korra sure seems to have some boring moves.

Still looks like it could be fun with friends though. Hopefully it does decently and they are given a higher budget to make a sequel.

Last edited:

PSYGN

- No voice acting in this. Only the announcer speaks. Disappointing

I saw a preview several weeks ago and the lack of voices immediately stuck out to me and my girlfriend. I explained to her that the voices are probably the last thing to add to a game like this. Welp I guess I was seeing the final product all along :messenger_tears_of_joy:

1 month later: Voice pack DLC

Last edited:

Xenon

I was more entertained by watching the background rather than the actual fighting. These games are not for me

Last edited:
Top Bottom