• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nicki Minaj wax figure depicts her on all fours. Azealia Banks has beef with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
7XcFHEF.png

tzM7bpP.jpg

Dominator

Jesus, do they just keep people jump up near the figures for positions like that? I understand most are just there to stand next to and take pics with, but you can actually grab them like that? That one dude literally is pulling the hair on it..

I'm assuming she herself was consulted about the pose or at least agreed to it, so unless she wasn't informed in any way I don't have a problem with this.

royalan

I'm assuming she herself was consulted about the pose or at least agreed to it, so unless she wasn't informed in any way I don't have a problem with this.

Judging from one of Nicki's tweets ("I didn't know they were going to do this! I would have flown to Vegas for this!"), I get the impression that they must send the artist they're depicting multiple potential ideas for a pose, or that the description of the pose must be incredibly vague.

Either way, though, Nicki likes it.

Damn, the girl in the first pic in the pink jeans is THICK

Yeah. First thing I noticed.

lord have MERCY at the girl in the pink pants

QJ1z3T1.png

I was interested in this topic.....now my attention is elsewhere, time for some detective work.

Please update us if you find anything

Oh my GAWD, I first saw this on my phone so didnt pay no mind but now that im seeing it on my laptop I have enlightened.

hmmm

This thread just got so much more interesting than this talk about Nicki.

It sure did. I did my own detective work but JDSN beat me to it.

border

I think it's only like once every 5 years I get a decided idea for a Photoshop. I wish I was better with MS Paint.

minaj_zpscctsdyy0.jpg

Nikki Minaj would have gone in and posed for this, and give permission.

If it's offensive she certainly didn't mind.

Plus... come on... she made her career doing this. This perfectly sums her up. She isn't known for being a musical genius.

Nose Master

I think the bigger problem is that they let unwashed goons climb up and manhandle something that cost a looot of money. Statue is going to last all of a week if they let every dumb asshole mount it.

I actually haven't heard a song from Minaj, that I know of. The only reason I know her is because she's fine and has a big ass. The only reason I know her is because she sells her sex appeal. So it seems natural, to me, that her wax figure does the same. The fact that she enjoys the figure makes all the white knighting in this thread all the more hilarious.

Gastone

I don't see a problem here. This is how Nikki likes to depict herself and i'm pretty sure she doesn't have a problem with this.

royalan

Nikki Minaj would have gone in and posed for this, and give permission.

If it's offensive she certainly didn't mind.

Plus... come on... she made her career doing this. This perfectly sums her up. She isn't known for being a musical genius.

And yet she's a famous rapper...not a famous stripper...

Do fully clothed statues have wax bodies as well as half naked ones? I kinda appreciate it for the fact that it seems to be more work overall than a pair of arms and a head.

Judging from one of Nicki's tweets ("I didn't know they were going to do this! I would have flown to Vegas for this!"), I get the impression that they must send the artist they're depicting multiple potential ideas for a pose, or that the description of the pose must be incredibly vague.

Either way, though, Nicki likes it.

Ah, I see. As long as she's okay with it, that's still fine.

There's two things I don't know here:

1) why is banks blaming white people when she has white people to thank for being relevant (Iggy, Playboy)
2) why people keep giving banks, a known racist hypocrite, attention

Uhyve

Is Anaconda really Nicki's most iconic moment? Welp.

oaFGDCY.gif
Depressingly, that music video has half a billion views. She has more viewed videos (Super Bass and Beauty and a Beat) but they're barely more viewed and Anaconda is less than a year old.

I don't know if you're serious but there's a looooooooooooooooooooong list of artists that can destroy her on the mic. In terms of how she markets herself and what she does she is one of the best out.
Places like Madam Tussauds care about publicity, not who can destroy each other on the mic, heh.

If they're gonna make a wax model, it's gonna be from Anaconda, even if almost anything she's ever done is better (that includes Beauty and a Beat).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom