• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata – You’re going to buy it, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TissueBox

My title suggestion from the demo thread was pretty well liked. There was a lot of curiosity over the ending since it seems like
2B and 9S self destruct
leading to questions of who we are playing as in the main game and such.

NieR: Automata |OT| 2B or not 2B?

Yeah I liked this one. :eek:

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Of course i'll buy it! When i get done with Nioh :l

I hate that these games come out so close to each other, i cant afford all at one time

Of course i want to support Yoko Taro, but that's gotta wait for a little while. I'll obviously pick up a new copy

I'm in a tough place because this is pretty much at the top of my anticipated games list, but I have to wait on the PC release (which I hope is a good port).

DrD

Definitely buying it but not at launch. I tend to buy games when they hit around $40 these days, down from $79.99.

chrono01

Yes, I most definitely am. In fact, I have the Black Box Edition already pre-ordered. I know it's a bit pricey, but damn it I don't care! I'm giving this 100% of my support.

Peterthumpa

Call me picky, but at least based on the demo, I'm still on the face just because this game runs @ 1080p native on the PS4 Pro and their AA implementation sucks. I mean, really?

Lothar

Banned
Of course. Nier is one of my favorite games. Bought it about 2 years ago when someone linked to the soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LKIsWOSHAY&index=1&list=PLkG6VhMRgLjVFa4Sp1j5g2PlqsnLpaZiQ

The best music in games, one of the greatest stories, one of the most unique, fun characters, epic boss battles, great atmosphere. Gameplay was alright, no worse than other Action/RPGs, no worse than Skyrim or Witcher 3. If this has improved gameplay, that's a good bonus. I haven't played the demo. I don't play demos. I like everything being new.

Eblo

Maybe in the future. I would much rather play Nier first even if Automata is largely unrelated, so I'm partially waiting on a potential remaster.

Maybe in the future. I would much rather play Nier first even if Automata is largely unrelated, so I'm partially waiting on a potential remaster.

Considering the potential plot connections, that may be wise.

However, you might be waiting forever. Any way to just play it on ps360?

mrmickfran

Was an obvious day 1 until Zelda was confirmed to be releasing just a few days before. Will probably get it after Zelda, but then Persona 5 comes out.

Wish the US got it in February >.<

Platypus

Yes!

I wonder if the JP version has a multi-language option. If so i might just pick up that version since the release date is better for me than the NA release.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Yes, I will. And I don't buy many games, so that's saying something.

Hektor

Yes!

I wonder if the JP version has a multi-language option. If so i might just pick up that version since the release date is better for me than the NA release.

Apparently this was already confirmed, going by another GAF user who said to have contacted the P* PR, tho here is no definitive quote to attribute that statement to.

Already Pre-ordered. Game looks great, plus I wanted to support platinum after they were dumped on by Microsoft with scalebound. One of my favorite studios, don't want to see them run into financial troubles.

Edit: also want the t-shirt!

Artdayne

I will probably buy it, yeah. It's going to be on the backburner though because For Honor, Nioh, Zelda, Mass Effect will be taking up most of my time. If this time of year wasn't so loaded I might buy it day 1.

renzolama

Absolutely. If I could pay more to get it sooner I would. It's been way too long since the last great Platinum action game.

Halabane

no its stacked between so much fucking releases i don't think so. + its platnium games, will bomba price drop very quick ..

What this guy said.

so nope to ps4

Yup to whenever it shows up on pc later in the year...and maybe only at steam sale.

Voliko

Got Nier on day 1

Got 1000/1000

Got a PS4 for this game

Have black box edition preordered

I'm skipping Zelda for this game

giphy.gif

Real megaton of E3 2015.

yup yup yup. I got a shit ton of best buy coupons that expire on around that time so i'll be getting the game for about ~$40.

I've purposely watch very little footage just so i could be surprised. Only looked at a couple of screens/ videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom