• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata – You’re going to buy it, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDarkness

I would love to pick this up, but there are too many things coming out soon that I have to prioritize what to buy. As much as I dig the design of 2B, I'll have to wait a bit to get it. I hope that the game turns out to be good.

TKM

Day 1, gotta keep my streak of 2017 Japanese games going. Had to cancel some Feb preorders to make room though.

Yes. Limited Edition. Day 1.

awhFT5nl.jpg

EB exclusive. I don't even think EB exists in the U.S. any more. I want that steelbook. Oh well.

I don't know what Nier is, I've never played a Platinum game, and I play about one game per year.

What the hell, why can't my 2017 game be this thing? :)

Justinh

I will but not at launch. Zelda and Switch too close

I think this. Zelda, I'm deffo getting on the Wii U, and if I can I might try to get a switch for my niece as like... an early birthday thing. We'll see.

I bought Nier for the 360 because GAF kept talking about it. I never ended up playing it. I don't really know about this one. I played the demo and half-liked it.

I liked the "normal" parts, but there were a lot of those parts that reminded me of the top-down parts of Transformers: Devastation. I hated those parts and frankly, thought they sucked. This game seems to have more of that weird locked-camera shenanigans going on judging from the demo. I suppose it'll be down to reviews.

I'm still debating between this and Nioh at release. It's one or the other for the time being. I didn't have a great experience with the Nioh beta and I haven't had a pure action game in in my life for awhile. Still though.. I'm so torn.

bigjig

I will, but I'm going to wait and see the pricing for the PC version. The JP PS4 version costs around 8,400 yen :/ Nioh and Horizon will keep me plenty busy in the mean time.

big fake

DAY 0, when i get home from this semester. Gonna have to play this and finish Ni-Oh too. Plus SO MANY OTHER GAMES + BACKLOG! I can't wait!!!

Nyoro SF

on PC, day one for sure. Even if it can't be the same day and date, I really want to try some Steam controller configs for the game.

D-Man

I'll be buying this on Day 1, but I plan on finishing the original Nier first. Last time I played I finished the
desert dungeon with the prince and his people who speak that weird language.
I liked what I played a lot and I plan to go back into it when I finish Yakuza 0 and Gravity Rush 2.

Also trying to stay spoiler-free with Automata similarly as to how I went into Nier.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I just pre-ordered thanks to this thread.

This is exactly the kind of game I want to see more of.

bebop242

I wanna support the fuck out of this game. This game by all means should not exist and I want more games like this. So day one for me.

Milijango

This was the only game I was really looking forward to going in to 2017. As it turns out this year is way more competitive than I expected, but I'm still in on NieR come day one. Shame it's a few weeks late for worldwide release (and then a little further back again, because it's Australia). Maybe I'll sneak in Nioh or even Horizon in the meantime.

I just realized this is only a week after Horizon Zero Dawn. Day one might be pushing it. I ended up buying Nioh even though I should have waited so I'll probably cave on this too.

Yeeeeeep^^ I hope to get through Horizon first, but being a dad and all that, I may need an extra week or two. Day one purchase, for sure, month one playthrough^^

Nah. Too many games I want instead. I usually like Platinum but I have 0 interest in Nier. Switch and a lot of good vita ports come out that month too.

Sesha

I'll buy the PC version later on. I couldn't afford to at release anyway. I would have loved to have played it day one, though. One of the very few games I wanted on day one in recent years.

I hate that so many anticipated games are coming out at a time when I can't afford to buy them, won't have the time to play, and in some cases can't play them because I don't have the right system. I'm effectively out of gaming indefinitely.

Day 1, even though I'll be neck deep in Zelda at that point.

Massive fan of Platinum and the first NieR so it's a no brainer really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom