• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata Live Facebook Q&A

Square Enix held a quick Nier Automata Q&A on Facebook this morning with Yosuke Saito, Takahisa Taura, and Yoko Taro, the Producer, Designer, and Director for the game respectively.

Link to Video (No sound for first 1:30)

Interesting Tidbits:

Yosuke Saito said:
  1. Is there a possibility of a NieR Remaster or Re-Release? "There is a very high possibility if NieR Automata sells like hotcakes, yes."
  2. How long is NieR Automata? "To get to the true ending, the team tells me around 25 hours. For completionists, it'll be around 55 to 60 hours."
  3. Will there be extra costumes? "That's a secret!"
  4. Will there be multiple endings? "Of course, but they won't be unlocked in the same way as the previous game. You'll have to figure out how to get them on your own."

Takahisa Taura said:
  1. Any Updates on the PC Version? "We're working hard on it, but if I said anything, ninjas from SE would try to kill me, so I've got nothing to announce."
  2. Is a Switch Port Planned? "If SE pays us for it, we'll make it - we'll even make it for the super nintendo."
  3. Will there be Easter Eggs in the game? (Like 2B Petting her Pod with the Touch Pad.) "Yes, there will be many like that throughout the game."
  4. Was the Demo part of the game, or seperate? "It happens in the game, but there are events both before and after."
  5. Will Automata switch Genres like the original NieR did? (i.e: Text Adventure) "Yoko-san had to put in another text adventure just because people hated the first one."

1. Please Sum up Automata in one Sentence. "It's the one that's not Final Fantasy."
  2. Has 2B's popularity caught you off guard? "I had no idea she'd be this popular! No idea!"
  3. How will the characters develop over the course of the story? "It'll be something good like all Square Enix JRPGs!"
  4. Will this be the last NieR? "No idea!"
  5. Will you team up with Platinum again in the future? "If SE pays me, I'll do anything they want!"
  6. Do you have a face in there? "More important than that, it's so hot in here I'm about to die!"
  7. Do you have a message for the fans? "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

EDIT (1/31/17) - With right around a month left until release, let's start planning the OT:

NieR: Automata |OT| Naming Poll

Hektor

Will Automata switch Genres like the original NieR did? (i.e: Text Adventure) "Yoko-san had to put in another text adventure just because people hated the first one."

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil Fish

Banned
Is a Switch Port Planned? "If SE pays us for it, we'll make it - we'll even make it for the super nintendo."
sYwW6Jn.jpg

bbd23

Any Updates on the PC Version? "We're working hard on it, but if I said anything, ninjas from SE would try to kill me, so I've got nothing to announce."

god damn! please be same day

Yoko Taro is a cheeky one, isn't he?

So is 2B from those gifs I've seen...

I have to finish the original Nier. I actually got hardcore stuck on a fishing thing in the beginning of the game and spent three hours trying to get this fish before I figured out I was fishing in the wrong location. I never got back to it, but I will now before playing the sequel.

Nyoro SF

Any Updates on the PC Version? "We're working hard on it, but if I said anything, ninjas from SE would try to kill me, so I've got nothing to announce."

SE ninjas pls grant this man freedom from potential beheading.

mcz117chief

Didn't know people disliked the text adventure part of NieR. I always considered it one of the highlights of the game.

I personally don't expect much from NieR:Automata. I think gameplay will overshadow the story and it won't be nearly as memorable or heart breaking as the first game.

I literally want a religious cult built around Yoko Taro.

When he dies you can pray to him for miracles and if he grants you at least two you can have the Catholic Church recognise him as a saint. Then you can start a cult around him as a saint. So I guess Catholic Christianity is what you are looking for.

NeoRaider

So there IS some kind of deal between SE and Sony. Just like i thought. Not that i am surprised but... developers not being able to even talk about it is pure comedy. Nice job SE, please go to hell.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
is the western version censored or not
It's highly unlikely, going by the demo. And even if it is, the Asian version is confirmed to have an English text option (even releases two weeks earlier.) 2B Butt will be available in English somehow.

Will Automata switch Genres like the original NieR did? (i.e: Text Adventure) "Yoko-san had to put in another text adventure just because people hated the first one."

Based Taro. Also who hated that part? I legitimately loved it.

Phil Fish

Banned
It's highly unlikely, going by the demo. And even if it is, the Asian version is confirmed to have an English text option (even releases two weeks earlier.) 2B Butt will be available in English somehow.

It's the same guys that did Nier, so yes, it's actually kind of likely. I mean, yeah we can see 2B's glorious pantsu but if 2B has a dick they'll probably hide that fact.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

K will wait for omega bomba sale price. Or the patch that removes it.

Hastati

Clearly SE is not paying these people enough.

A Yoko Taro directed, Platinum developed game in the Nier universe on SNES sounds amazing. This is obviously where SE should be putting all their money, dozens of us would buy it.

Waji

I'm all for a Switch port. If it never happens I'll do it on PC in the future, but that wouldn't be as comfy.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
It's the same guys that did Nier, so yes, it's actually kind of likely. I mean, yeah we can see 2B's glorious pantsu but if 2B has a dick they'll probably hide that fact.
I don't think the leotard counts as a pantsu, sir. But yeah, Kainé's outfit was more revealing and wasn't censored by the same localisation group, so I'd be surprised if they started doing it now, especially with already-localised and intact bits of the game out there.

Top Bottom