• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

CCxUUcD.gif

Same answer for both:

During route C, Emil will eventually be selling most rare weapon upgrade materials along with the two weapons. Just fast travel to the resistance camp repeatedly until Emil's loop is right outside the camp and his music is playing on fast-forward.

And after route C, nearly everything except beast hide, pure water, and gadgets will be sold in some store or other in the game. There are five shops you will need to check (route C spoilers):
Emil normal selection, Emil rare selection, Amusement Park, Scientist Machine, Pascal.
Took your advice and others online. Hit Emil right outside camp while the super fast music is playing. He doesn't have it still. I have been trying for over two hours and no dice. This is really dumb.

Coreda

About the OT

Is it wise to spoil one of the more surprising statements in the game?

I think it would be better
without the quotation marks. Otherwise I think it's fine. There's no way to tell what it's referring to, or who says it unless you've played the game.

LotusHD

Banned
About the OT

Is it wise to spoil one of the more surprising statements in the game?

There's no way for them to know it's a spoiler until they see it, not to mention the important part, 2B, is not in the title. If someone asks what it means, just tell them to play and find out.

Even then, the question truly does come out of nowhere, so I don't see the title ruining it for others even if they were aware of what the actual question was.

And besides, the other option, 2B or not 2B,
is far more suspicious to do. We can take out the quotation marks though.

I think something about the fact that ending A isn't the end of the game could work, much like the end of OT1 isn't the end of the thread. But I'm too lazy to think of something that sounds good.

Plum

Quick question about Route C:

Does the choice of monitoring 9S or A2 affect anything in the long run?

Quick thought about Route C:

:( :( :( :( :(

Vic_Viper

Got back to playing this after taking a long break for other games and work. Currently still in the first playthrough and was wondering if I need to do anything before moving on. Right now im at the part where im by myself, playing as 2B, and im about to go to this Machine church like area with Pascual. Theres a bunch of the robots standing by this elevator with torches.

Are there any quests or weapons I should do before moving on? Do I need to complete the memories side quest now? The one where you have to take pictures of areas I think.

Also, how is the DLC? Is it worth getting now since im still early on and is it worth the price?

killatopak

Got back to playing this after taking a long break for other games and work. Currently still in the first playthrough and was wondering if I need to do anything before moving on. Right now im at the part where im by myself, playing as 2B, and im about to go to this Machine church like area with Pascual. Theres a bunch of the robots standing by this elevator with torches.

Are there any quests or weapons I should do before moving on? Do I need to complete the memories side quest now? The one where you have to take pictures of areas I think.

Also, how is the DLC? Is it worth getting now since im still early on and is it worth the price?

no need to complete anything as there aren't any missables. The 2nd playthrough has the story relevant quests imo.

About the memories quest, is that the one about
taking a picture for the operator or for the smling head?

Doing the former changes a few scenes in the future. Doing the latter doesn't change anything.

The DLC is high level so at minimum you have to be 60+, meaning completed the game already to normally stand a chance in the dlc.

Vic_Viper

no need to complete anything as there aren't any missables. The 2nd playthrough has the story relevant quests imo.

About the memories quest, is that the one about
taking a picture for the operator or for the smling head?

Doing the former changes a few scenes in the future. Doing the latter doesn't change anything.

Havent found the smiling head yet. I think the quest is called 11Bs Memento. So should I finish it before moving on?

Im at the Factory Entrance again but only as 2B. Should I continue on or am I almost at the end of the play-through?

Right now my active side quests are:

Half-wit Inventor
11Bs Memento
Speed Star
Treasure Hunt at the Castle

Havent played in awhile so ive completely forgot what I was doing so thanks for the help!

Looks like where I need to go is blocked for the current quest at the Abandoned Factory. If I finish the quest will I be able to go back after or is it basically the end of the playthrough?

killatopak

Havent found the smiling head yet. I think the quest is called 11Bs Memento. So should I finish it before moving on?

Im at the Factory Entrance again but only as 2B. Should I continue on or am I almost at the end of the play-through?

Right now my active side quests are:

Half-wit Inventor
11Bs Memento
Speed Star
Treasure Hunt at the Castle

Havent played in awhile so ive completely forgot what I was doing so thanks for the help!

You can continue as is if it's that quest. I'm pretty sure you've had met the smiling head if you're that far into the story. He's emil the vendor that keeps singing.

Half wit inventor can be carried over even if you paid him some cash so it's fine.
Also, while the quests can be done later on, you'd have to have finished route C to access the left over quests again. That means you'd have to finish the whole game before returning basically.

Hylian7

I'm finally getting around to finishing this game. I got distracted by Breath of the Wild, Persona 5, Dota, Fire Emblem, and PUBG. I am playing on PC and had a point where I saw a thing that suddenly dragged my framerate to single digits. Fortunately I discovered FAR and it is much better.

I finished ending A. I also got ending T and the joke ending right off the bat in the 9S playthrough.

Keep in mind I have not played the Drakenguard series or the first Nier. Progress and thoughts so far:
I got to Pascal's village as 9S for the first time. It's neat to learn the machine backstories. I'm excited to see more, especially to hopefully learn more about A2 and what her deal is,
even though I know I will get to play as her another time.

Vic_Viper

Anyone know how to get back to where the game first starts? I need to get back to that first boss fight area to find 11b's body but cant figure out how to get back there.

When I try to go back through the Abandoned Factory I get an Alert that says exiting the planned operational area.

broz0rs

Anyone know how to get back to where the game first starts? I need to get back to that first boss fight area to find 11b's body but cant figure out how to get back there.

When I try to go back through the Abandoned Factory I get an Alert that says exiting the planned operational area.

I can't recall where it is on the map, but the path starts on a very large broken freeway ramp that goes up pretty high and leads you there.

LotusHD

Banned
This is the first time I see such an OCD for choosing an OT title after several great suggestions have been proposed lol.

If you're gonna pick a title, ya need a poll. Everybody knows this. D:

Quick question about Route C:

Does the choice of monitoring 9S or A2 affect anything in the long run?

Quick thought about Route C:

:( :( :( :( :(

Personally I recommend that everyone stick with A2 until they're forced to play as 9S for... reasons.

killatopak

I'm not sure but you're probably at a point of no return. IIRC you first have to finish the rest of the factory story bits before you can go back to the starting point.

You're at the part where there are purple robed robots lined up right? If so then finish that part of the game first.

What's the best way to find the quest marker for finding any quests I have from the list?
Thanks.
I'm assuming you have chapter select ready? If the quest markers aren't visible in the map then you might have some unfinished ongoing quests. There are a few select quest that required a prior quest to be finished in order to be acquired iirc.

Coreda

Not sure about the alert, like killa said it seems like some quest is limiting the traversable area but normally the quickest route there that I know of is to enter via the main Abandoned Factory entrance, head straight (from memory) until it opens up into the fenced area with the narrow ladder leading up. Climb that first ladder then continue along the path and various stairs around the lava pit areas until you reach the first enemy micro-arena platform (top-down perspective, the enemies shoot bullets).

To the right of that area, hidden beneath the staircase leading to the other side, is a wall opening that when followed further in leads to the other side of a bridge that connects to the first, large cylindrical structure from the prologue area. To lower it press the computer there then make your way to the first boss area.

Vic_Viper

I'm not sure but you're probably at a point of no return. IIRC you first have to finish the rest of the factory story bits before you can go back to the starting point.

You're at the part where there are purple robed robots lined up right? If so then finish that part of the game first.

Wasnt able to go back at any point after finishing that quest :( Ended up finishing that playthrough and got ending A. Starting that quest is basically the point of no return.

Can you do those side quests during play-through 2(ending B)? Or am I basically SOL until I get the Chapter select option?

killatopak

Wasnt able to go back at any point after finishing that quest :( Ended up finishing that playthrough and got ending A. Starting that quest is basically the point of no return.

Can you do those side quests during play-through 2(ending B)? Or am I basically SOL until I get the Chapter select option?

Some of the quest are doable on route a, b and even c. Particularly the racing with the robot is doable on all routes. IIRC only 11b's memento is restricted on route A based on those you listed.

Vic_Viper

Some of the quest are doable on route a, b and even c. Particularly the racing with the robot is doable on all routes. IIRC only 11b's memento is restricted on route A based on those you listed.

Was it important? Should I load an earlier save? I really dont want too unless its worth it.

killatopak

Was it important? Should I load an earlier save? I really dont want too unless its worth it.

Though it's not important to the main story, it adds tension and says something about the characteristics of the androids.

I recommend just doing it after the finishing route C. The quest is not as important as some in route B as some of the quests there have clues regarding the main story.

Plum

Just finished Route C...

Holy fuck. I'm stunned at how amazing that was. I'll post some more thoughts later when OT2 gets made.

Now how do I get Endings D and E? One must be picking 9S instead of A2 but what about the other?

Top Bottom