• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nightcry alpha released for backers

Just got the email. You aren't suppose to share the link but footage/screenshots are fine as long as you mention it's an alpha when you share them. Looks like we're getting closer to release.

Vlaphor

I've only played a few minutes before work, but I'm loving what I'm seeing.

One of my favorite types of games were low-budget, experimental, Japanese PS2 games, and that's exactly what this feels like so far. Controls are a bit iffy, but nothing I can't get used to.

I will be downloading this tonight and trying it out. Nightcry is one of the few Kickstarters I had a serious interest in. My friends in Japan who went to the expo the other week said they were very impressed so I can't wait to get my hands on it.

GrayChild

Awesome news! Unfortunately I missed the Kickstarter campaign, but will get this day 1. For now, I'm looking forward to some new footage.

Vlaphor

Just finished it. Not too long, and kinda janky (almost like it's an alpha or something), but I really liked it. Not too much a fan of the mouse based movement, but everything else was exactly how I hoped. Feels like an old japanese ps2 horror game with some modern day sensibilities and I am totally down for that. Glad I backed it.

casiopao

Just finished it. Not too long, and kinda janky (almost like it's an alpha or something), but I really liked it. Not too much a fan of the mouse based movement, but everything else was exactly how I hoped. Feels like an old japanese ps2 horror game with some modern day sensibilities and I am totally down for that. Glad I backed it.

Really great news here.^_^ Hope that Nudemaker will keep improving this game here.After all that silence, i end up thinking that even Kono have fallen to Kickstarter bad image here but it seems he is going to deliver this one as well.^_^

Go Go!!!

Is it supposed to end after the closet sequence? I couldn't tell if that was the end or I just got a bugged fail-state lol.

Like what little it was so far, would appreciate direct character control tho

Top Bottom