• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiGHTS 2 Coming! (Looks like NOM is off the hook... THIS time.)

tim1138

Segata Sanshiro said:
Very well, your possible cat is safe for now, but I'm still making a coat out of Ranger's family.

Sounds good to me!

kevar said:
Also, only on GAF is "NiGHTs 2!" met by "Who cares, the first one only sold 200,000 copies"

Isn't that the truth.

Muppet345

Y2Kevbug11 said:
They could have an exclusive on a multiplatform game. It's happened before.
I don't disagree with that, but who cares if it isn't exclusive to Wii? I was responding to him saying that it probably isn't even for Wii.

AniHawk

Well since I'm a little late to the official news that it is actually coming,

****ING YES. YES. YES! DON'T SCREW THIS UP SEGA!

Muppet345

AniHawk said:

You're late, we've already moved on to talking about how this isn't a big deal.

farnham

Banned
NomarTyme said:
FYI Sonic USA team might be working on this one.
yeah.. s p o. n g has proven itself to be very reliable :lol :lol :lol

how many times have they reported that Miyamoto is either dead or leaving nintendo..?

Muppet345

NomarTyme said:
FYI Sonic USA team might be working on this one.
Which was said by SPONGe. Which is basically like an anti-confirmation. In fact, I'm pretty sure they were so shocked they got something right for once, they immediately corrected themselves by making shit up.

ant1532

Banned
AniHawk said:

Well at least they don't have to worry about the camera much.

Game-Biz

AniHawk said:

Dude, why are you excited? It only sold 200k on the Saturn.

tim1138

Game-Biz said:
Dude, why are you excited? It only sold 200k on the Saturn.

Totally, its already been confirmed to be a total bomba before we even know anything about it. Nothing to see here, move along, move along.

Tailzo

aktham said:
so is this for the wii? i've never played nights, but i've heard it's really overrated by it's fans.

That's why you think of it as overrated. If anything, most great Saturn games are underrated, because the system was a failure outside Japan.

jay

farnham said:
VF5, VT3 and their Wii offerings disagree with you

You're right. AM2 still churns out solid sequels (regarding VF). I should have specified that Sonic Team no longer makes good games.

ant1532

Banned
jay said:
Welcome to the year 2007, everyone: Sega is not a good developer.
Welcome to the year 2007, everyone: Sega makes more then Sonic.

Don't judge a whole company based on one series that isn't good anymore.

qcf x2

I was gonna say "PLEASE be multiplatform," but then I realized that I have no idea who is making the game. And knowing Sega, if it's on the Wii and then 360/PS3, it'll have last-gen graphics on all three platforms. And that just sucks. The original NiGHTS was a technical marvel as much as it was an artistic masterpiece, IMO.

Pimpwerx

Is Naka handling this? What was the last thing he did worth a damn? Prepare for NiGHTS to be run into the ground Sonic-style. Sega fans cry cry. PEACE.

Canti

ShockingAlberto said:
So who wants to bet it's now an Orta-esque flying game?

I kind of agree, I can see it being 3rd person perspective on rails like the Nights game in Sega Superstars (the eyetoy one), especially if it turns out to be developed the the SATSR team. Could work well, could be terrible.

jay

ant1532 said:
Welcome to the year 2007, everyone: Sega makes more then Sonic.

Don't judge a whole company based on one series that isn't good anymore.

I'm familiar with Sega and their history. Is it their butchering of the Shining series, the Sonic series, what they did to the Phantasy Star series, or how the killed Shenmue that gives you faith in the company? Monkey Ball and VF are quality, but besides a decent game here and there the company is a shadow of its former self and should not be trusted to resurrect old classics (though I still hold out hope the old Overworks team can make an amazing Skies 2, so I should probably stop criticizing the hopeful).

AniHawk

Sega can still put out a really good game when they put their minds to it. ****, SATSR and VF5 just came out last month, people. Even Super Monkey Ball:BB wasn't bad, despite their best attempts to sabotage it. I just worry and wonder about where the talent behind games like Skies of Arcadia and Panzer Dragoon Orta went to. Those games only came out four ****ing years ago (well, the upgrade to SoA did).

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
AniHawk said:
Sega can still put out a really good game when they put their minds to it. ****, SATSR and VF5 just came out last month, people. Even Super Monkey Ball:BB wasn't bad, despite their best attempts to sabotage it. I just worry and wonder about where the talent behind games like Skies of Arcadia and Panzer Dragoon Orta went to. Those games only came out four ****ing years ago (well, the upgrade to SoA did).

They were either merged together or disbanded.

Jirotrom

jay said:
I'm familiar with Sega and their history. Is it their butchering of the Shining series, the Sonic series, what they did to the Phantasy Star series, or how the killed Shenmue that gives you faith in the company? Monkey Ball and VF are quality, but besides a decent game here and there the company is a shadow of its former self and should not be trusted to resurrect old classics (though I still hold out hope the old Overworks team can make an amazing Skies 2, so I should probably stop criticizing the hopeful).
thats not actually happening right?

I fail to see how this qualifies as megaton. Some of you have really low expectations of what qualifies as "megaton". Megaton is something that will never happen, but if it did, would cause the seas to part, cats and dogs to live together, and fanboys to spontaneously combust with excitement.

This gets about a 4.5 out of 10 on the Megaton Meter.

TSA said:
I fail to see how this qualifies as megaton. Some of you have really low expectations of what qualifies as "megaton". Megaton is something that will never happen, but if it did, would cause the seas to part, cats and dogs to live together, and fanboys to spontaneously combust with excitement.

It's also a hammer.

ant1532

Banned
TSA said:

A super popular cult game for a cult system that was before thought as a game to never ever get a equal. And then gets one 10 years later?

Megaton it is.

dogonfire

So, wait, is this an April Fools joke or what? Can I post this yet?

wiigetxj9.jpg

TSA said:

I would imagine that a sequel to one of the greatest games of all time (One seemingly long forgotten by it`s creator) would count as a megaton!

If nights 2 is only 4.5 what would it take to get a 10?

RavenFox said:
Hell no! No offence to the Wii but this game should not be held back or butchered by the Flintones gpu in the Wii. Put this bitch on 360 or PS3. If motion control is needed then shit drop in on PS3 and give it the graphics that the year 2007 and beyond call for.

PEOPLE, WE HAVE FOUND THE PSTRIPLE GUY! THE ONE THAT PLAYS ON A CLOSET WITH DILDOS!!

Top Bottom