• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiGHTS 2 Coming! (Looks like NOM is off the hook... THIS time.)

Vagabundo

farnham said:
it would be really weird to see nights 2 on other platforms after beeing excited since that Famitsu rumor.. but whatever.. i could easily see a 360 or Ps3 version.. those platform just sold better then the wii..

Yozzers,, what are u smoken???:lol

Unless it is irony or sarcasm and I just dont get it.

meppi

Nakasan said:
Also, I have a so rare its almost not in existence NiGHTS poster from japan with that image on it in a frame on my living room wall.
Just wondering if that's a big sized poster or a small one?
Since I have a small Japanese one, roughly A4 size with a smaller fold out flap for which I paid quite a bit of money.

It's the same image and has the games release data on it, with big letters at the top: "What's Next".

Nakasan

meppi said:
Just wondering if that's a big sized poster or a small one?
Since I have a small Japanese one, roughly A4 size with a smaller fold out flap for which I paid quite a bit of money.

It's the same image and has the games release data on it, with big letters at the top: "What's Next".

Yeah, a big sized poster, like the ones you get for moviefilms... A2 I think it is.

Its the image with a load of Japanese characters down the left hand side and a small image of the white saturn in its bottom right hand corner.

I have not ever seen the one you talk about, any chance you could get a piccy? I can't cuz I dont have a Digi Cam... I might try and find one though.

meppi

Nakasan said:
Yeah, a big sized poster, like the ones you get for moviefilms... A2 I think it is.

Its the image with a load of Japanese characters down the left hand side and a small image of the white saturn in its bottom right hand corner.

I have not ever seen the one you talk about, any chance you could get a piccy? I can't cuz I dont have a Digi Cam... I might try and find one though.

Ah very nice! Wish I had one like that. NiGHTS being my all-time favourite game and all. ;)
So yeah, I know that NiGHTS 2 won't live up to my own impossible expectations. But still I just have to know what a sequel would be like.

NiGHTSposter.jpg

dock

temjin said:
Let's post some awesome NiGHTS pics to celebrate this most joyous moment!
Your post started well but everything from the archie comic onwards makes me want to vomit. :( Stupid gothy emo shitty NiGHTS fanart makes me want the game to stay dead and buried forever.

In fact, it's stuff like this that puts me off ever drawing nights fanart. :( I don't want to be associated with the unimaginative gothy idiots that probably never owned a Saturn.

Nakasan

meppi said:
Ah very nice! Wish I had one like that. NiGHTS being my all-time favourite game and all. ;)
So yeah, I know that NiGHTS 2 won't live up to my own impossible expectations. But still I just have to know what a sequel would be like.

NiGHTSposter.jpg

Thats plain awesome. Never seen that before.... Gone all dizzy!
Anything else you wanna share with us?

Nakasan

:lol "backside".

Good collectable you got yourself there!

Big Smile has made a valid point over on the ghz.com forums.

He says its interesting that sega would "announce" this game in such a slow-but-sure way in european gaming magazines.

A sign that sega isn't neccesarily looking to market this game particularly to the mainstream?

Nakasan said:
:lol "backside".

Good collectable you got yourself there!

Big Smile has made a valid point over on the ghz.com forums.

He says its interesting that sega would "announce" this game in such a slow-but-sure way in european gaming magazines.

A sign that sega isn't neccesarily looking to market this game particularly to the mainstream?

I firmly believe Sega's going to make a big official announcement on April 10. These mags weren't supposed to hit til after then, albeit soon after. There's no way Sega doesn't want to grab the Sonic crowd with this - it's too big a sack of money to leave on the table.

Jammy

Banned
Wow.

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, Sonic and the Secret Rings, NiGHTS 2, and Mario and Sonic in the Olympics... Sega's really putting out for the Wii.

Nakasan

Well, Thats what I'm hoping! A big media blowout with screenies and movies and new official artwork. Awesome blossom. Extra awesome.

The "new" NiGHTS design... feels a bit western to me? The only reason I think this is the more flesh coloured face... and, can anyone make out from that singular image if the crystal shard is still embedded into NiGHTS' chest? Cause I just can't see it :-(

Alls I see is a weird neck-tie thing in its place :-S I can see the crystal shards on his collar though, either side... Wow, new NiGHTS stuff to ponder. Brilliant.

Nakasan

Beezy said:
You forgot to mention that they took the whole pic down and just left a silhouette. :lol

Hahaha, nah... I thought the silhouette image replacing the old one was already quite well known? if not, well, you tell um Beezy! :)

Fady K

Im not going to get my hopes up cause Sega isnt really the same anymore...with the major Sonic mess ups and Phantasy Star Universe...im not so sure. And Naka aint involved at all here. Ill wait for more info and impressions.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

temjin

Banned
meppi said:

NiGHTSposter.jpg
That looks amazing.

kizmah

Smiles and Cries said:
Two edits :lol :lol :lol Sega must be pissed at them or ONM complained to SEGA

SEGA called up the editor of Gamereactor like an hour after the news broke and made them pull back the cover.

Nakasan

Another somethin' somethin' to keep in mind is that Sonic games sell millions on brand name alone. NiGHTS wont, therefore they will HAVE to put more time and energy into NiGHTS as, financially speaking, they have an opportunity to create another money spinning franchise. A HUGE opportunity. It's a fact that SEGA will be aiming this game at more than just the original's fans, so it really does literally HAVE to be good in order to sell.

I'm quietly confident that the sequel would be of very good quality.

Is this title being announced making anyone that wasn't consider buying a wii buy one now?

Basically does this have system seller potential or simply a solid title.

Tadaima

edwardslane said:
Is this title being announced making anyone that wasn't consider buying a wii buy one now?

Basically does this have system seller potential or simply a solid title.

The platform(s) haven't been confirmed yet.

meppi

Yama said:
No, no it's not.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Well, I must say that it certainly has that Dreamcast feeling for me personally.
I was even saying this a couple of weeks ago to a friend just after picking up ExciteTruck.

Lots of arcade type games along with many pick up and play games.

Nakasan

btrboyev said:
well he was technically in sonic adventure. Was that also in the GC rev?

Yeah, it was. I tried for HOURSSSSSSS gettin all the ideya in the pinball table, expecting something brilliant for my toil. The result? 999 rings.... that you must of already had as it took about an hour on the table to freakin' get the damn ideyas!!! Grrr...

On wether or not its a system seller; obviously I think it will be to any massive NiGHTS fan, but as for other gamers, NiGHTS is as good as a new franchise, and so long as a new franchise is a good enough game it sure as hell CAN be a system seller. I'm looking mainly toward Gears and Halo as my main point of reference here but, hell, why not use Sonic the Hedgehog (Mega Drive game) as an example too?

If its as good a game as the original the yes, it will most certainly be a system seller, and if not, then it would be a tipping point game for most like, "hmm... well, the Wii has Mario Galaxy, Prime, NiGHTS and Wii Fitness... yeah, I reckon I WILL invest" kinda thing.

Zweisy1

The game better turn out good.. The original is the best thing SEGA's ever done outside of Virtua Fighter.

Who's to say NiGHTS 2 hasn't got a chance to sell substantially more than the original? Especially if it gets a good reviews/word of mouth and is on a console more popular than Saturn.

Ogni-XR21

I think a lot of people will be let down by Nights 2 IF it is indeed done in the same way as the Saturn version. Most people I know did not get the concept of the game when playing it. Nights is about replaying stages until you know them by heart, it doesn't have that much content to keep you busy if you want new level after new level.

Mashing

Jammy said:
Wow.

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, Sonic and the Secret Rings, NiGHTS 2, and Mario and Sonic in the Olympics... Sega's really putting out for the Wii.

They learned last generation that that is where most of their fanbase migrated to. Sega did well on Gamecube too.

The orignal NiGHTS should absolutely be given as a pre-order bonus a'la The Ocarina of Time for Windwaker.

Never got a chance to play NiGHTS :(

and who the hell has a Saturn?

dock

BrendenLee said:
The orignal NiGHTS should absolutely be given as a pre-order bonus a'la The Ocarina of Time for Windwaker.

Never got a chance to play NiGHTS :(

and who the hell has a Saturn?

I was thinking about that earlier today.

It would be amazing if they had a version of the original game included on the disc that was playable with the nunchuck analogue stick + wiimote, or the classic controller. I think this would stop lots of people from bitching, no-matter what the main game was like.

(I'd prefer it with improved graphics, but just running at all would be awesome).

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I hope this is officially confirmed soon..is there any plausible scenario where this is NOT on the Wii?

I dunno... I think that it's most likely going to Wii, but a little part of me is curious to see the reaction of GAF and other messageboards if it isn't. :)

Nakasan

Ogni-XR21 said:
I think a lot of people will be let down by Nights 2 IF it is indeed done in the same way as the Saturn version.

Thats not true. The people who didn't like it in the first place simply wont like it still. The People who 'got' the fact it was a score attack game at heart would be delighted. Therefore no-one would be let down, just more people than should be legally allowed will think "nah, don't like it".

If, though, you mean that a tightly designed score attack game doesn't have a big enough audience in todays world... well.... discuss!! as it's a very valid point, and one which I personally now think about 24/7 and will only stop thinking about once NiiGHTS is released!

This is possibly the best news that I've read on these boards. NiGHTS was the only game I remember truly enjoying on the saturn (aside from Panzer Dragoon and Clockwork Knight). It was so atmospheric and awesome...

I really hope Sega doesn't screw this one up.

Also--has it actually been confirmed, or have people just been presuming that it's confirmed? I'm very confused about this now.

Top Bottom