• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiGHTS 2 Coming! (Looks like NOM is off the hook... THIS time.)

jeremy1456

JzeroT1437 said:
This is possibly the best news that I've read on these boards. NiGHTS was the only game I remember truly enjoying on the saturn (aside from Panzer Dragoon and Clockwork Knight). It was so atmospheric and awesome...

I really hope Sega doesn't screw this one up.

Also--has it actually been confirmed, or have people just been presuming that it's confirmed? I'm very confused about this now.

It has been everything just short of being confirmed.

mclem

Nakasan said:
:lol "backside".

Good collectable you got yourself there!

Big Smile has made a valid point over on the ghz.com forums.

He says its interesting that sega would "announce" this game in such a slow-but-sure way in european gaming magazines.

A sign that sega isn't neccesarily looking to market this game particularly to the mainstream?
I've been thinking about this. I think right now it's being marketed to the hardcore, because they're the ones that know NiGHTS - but think about the content of the game. It's quite easygoing, particularly at first, it's *very* relaxing... I wonder if they're aiming the long-term plans completely differently.

In fact, let me stick my neck way out: What if this is treated as a Touch Generations title (or whatever the wii equivalent is - Waggle Generations?). As a game, crucially, I *don't* think it's intimidating to the nongamer, and I think that'll matter.

(It's worth adding that I wouldn't put it past this being a DS title rather than a Wii one, perhaps a straight DS port of the original - the system can definitely handle it, and I could imagine a control scheme that roughly works. I still think Wii's more likely, though)

The original was a great game with niche appeal. The same gameplay formula wouldn't fly today unless radically revamped. I assume SEGA knows this and the resulting game will be a bit different than what we remember from the saturn years.

I'm just hoping th at Sonic team is not doing the game. It will suck if they touch it.

Filter

JzeroT1437 said:
This is possibly the best news that I've read on these boards. NiGHTS was the only game I remember truly enjoying on the saturn (aside from Panzer Dragoon and Clockwork Knight). It was so atmospheric and awesome...

I really hope Sega doesn't screw this one up.

Also--has it actually been confirmed, or have people just been presuming that it's confirmed? I'm very confused about this now.

You enjoyed clockwork knight?

u_neek

Which one will be out first?

GameReactor or OMN? The Danish version of Game Reactor is usually out before the Swedish one and they've been teasing its readers with the story as well.

Wasn't that issue on ngamer supposed to come out around now? It's supposed to have a feature on a new Wii game which looked to be NiGHTS.

Alkaliine said:
Wasn't that issue on ngamer supposed to come out around now? It's supposed to have a feature on a new Wii game which looked to be NiGHTS.

Yeah, I was hearing "end of March", and here we are. What gives?

Linkup

BrodiemanTTR said:
Yeah, I was hearing "end of March", and here we are. What gives?

I've heard two things. One that the single FC for online wii games was their big announcement. Second thing I've heard is that they announced Nights and then said they would have more info next issue.

u_neek

Is this new?

From the Danish GameReactor:
Alt om den kommende Wii-udgave af Nights samt de første billeder.
Everything about the upcoming Wii version of Nights plus the first screens.

Ogni-XR21

Nakasan said:
Thats not true. The people who didn't like it in the first place simply wont like it still. The People who 'got' the fact it was a score attack game at heart would be delighted. Therefore no-one would be let down, just more people than should be legally allowed will think "nah, don't like it".

If, though, you mean that a tightly designed score attack game doesn't have a big enough audience in todays world... well.... discuss!! as it's a very valid point, and one which I personally now think about 24/7 and will only stop thinking about once NiiGHTS is released!

I meant it in the way people in this thread hear all of the fans of the old days rejoice over the news of a new Nights, but have never played it on Saturn themself. This leads to high expectations that might be crushed once the game is actually released.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
u_neek said:
Is this new?

ds version confirmed...

u_neek said:
Is this new?

OH GOD YES!

wrestlexi1.gif

Kafel

Banned
It could mean that there will be many versions.

Or they wanted to specify that their scoop is about the Wii.

We all know it's the second solution.

Nakasan

Ogni-XR21 said:
I meant it in the way people in this thread hear all of the fans of the old days rejoice over the news of a new Nights, but have never played it on Saturn themself. This leads to high expectations that might be crushed once the game is actually released.

You speak the truth!!

Also:

"Everything about the upcoming Wii version of Nights plus the first screens."

...YES!!! with the front cover being artwork, I had in the back of my mind that it was just going to be NiGHTS 2 details in the magazine <which, by the way, would easily of been enough to be honest>, but now it has confirmed its got screenies.... oh baby bubber am I happy.

This wait is either going to kill me or make me stronger.... I'm betting on death. Can everyone promise me that if they find any NiGHTS screen leaks on the interweb, please come STRAIGHT here to post links? pretty please? oh man, im desperate/pathetic/overjoyed.

You enjoyed clockwork knight?

Yeah--I was 12 or so at the time, and most games kind of sucked because we were still caught in the transition between 2-D and 3-D where developers didn't really know what they were doing. Clockwork Knight was a nice simple platformer, something that was largely lost during that age of 3-D experimentation.

ethelred

Is there something wrong with the Clockwork Knights? I thought they were fun platformers, and they made good use of 2.5D instead of going all out in full 3D (I like 2D and 2.5D platformers, but never really got into 3D).

I wouldn't call Clockwork Knight one of the true masterpieces of platforming, like Genesis Sonic games or Ristar or Mario 3, but it's definitely good stuff.

A lot of games are going Wii/DS versions.
DS crossover carry on your game on the go, or connectivity will occur

Pikmin 3 is also confirmed to be happening like this

It is or Miyamoto is gonna eat my cats litter tray

I got a magazine from my country and there's an article with pictures of Nights 2 with an interview with Takeshi Iizuka, or Lizuka the capital i looks the same as an capital l with their font. Anway the big news seems to be that, for now, it is an Wii exclusive and online features.
Can't scan the pages though but I'll try to see if anyone has them.

ethelred

Prime crotch said:
I got a magazine from my country and there's an article with pictures of Nights 2 with an interview with Takeshi Iizuka, or Lizuka the capital i looks the same as an capital l with their font. Anway the big news seems to be that, for now, it is an Wii exclusive and online features.

Takashi Iizuka was the lead game designer on NiGHTS into Dreams. Can you share some of the stuff he says in the interview? How do the pictures look?

neo2046

Prime crotch said:

what? what? what? what? what? what?

Mashing

It's getting too close to April 1st for me to believe anything someone says. Tomorrow, I definitely won't believe a ****ing word I read on the internet.

ethelred said:
Takashi Iizuka was the lead game designer on NiGHTS into Dreams. Can you share some of the stuff he says in the interview?
He doesn't really say much all his answers are tipical "can't say much more now" he does mentions that there will be two player mode and online features aside from that there's not that much more. But I can try to translate all the interview.

dkeane

Prime crotch said:
He doesn't really say much all his answers are tipical "can't say much more now" he does mentions that there will be two player mode and online features aside from that there's not that much more. But I can try to translate all the interview.
For the love of god take pictures.

Nakasan

Prime crotch said:

I call utter bull unless the following are provided.

1. Name of magazine
2. Name of country

Provide them now, or the death I was talking about earlier may not be happening to just me.

Nakasan said:
I call utter bull unless the following are provided.

1. Name of magazine
2. Name of country

Provide them now, or the death I was talking about earlier may not be happening to just me.
Maxi Consolas it's a shitty name and it's a Portuguese magazine. Their email is mconsolas@goody.pt.

Does GAF allowing scans of south american maagazines? CAN YOU PROVIDE THEM?!

What does the gameplay look like? 2D? 3D? 2D Controls with tilt sensors?

Nakasan

PowerSmell said:

Gaf does yes as its not english speaking... I assume!!

Can someone for the love of god confirm this?! I can't!!!

Nakasan said:
Investigating... no website?
Never had one they had a community forum once but that went down a few years back
PowerSmell said:

It's European and from the pics it looks like tipical Nigths.
Also one of the areas looks like Splash Garden.
edit:correction it is Splash Garden

Darkangus

PowerSmell said:

Portugal is not in South America... Try Europe insted... :D

Prime crotch said:
Never had one they had a community forum once but that went down a few years back

Scan them and you'll be a Real GAF Hero. I will also bake you a cake.
(heart-shaped)

meppi

Prime crotch said:
from the pics it looks like tipical Nigths.

Thanks for the info. Can you tell anything else???

And if you can't scan the page, could you at least draw or paint your interpretation of the pics yourself and put those online. ;P

Nakasan

meppi said:
Thanks for the info. Can you tell anything else???

And if you can't scan the page, could you at least draw or paint your interpretation of the pics yourself and put those online. ;P

...Just give us SOMETHING!!!!! ANYTHING!!!? AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

"edit: it is splash garden"... *faints*

Also, just checked, it is DEFINATELY not April 1st in Portugal.

Prime crotch said:

Na maxi consolas como raio conseguiram eles o exclusivo ?lolololololol

Tenho de ir comprar isso lolol

Top Bottom